Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
So--secret's out. smile Some hints in chapter 6 included the hat, the storytelling interest, the name, and a few other things. And of course, there are a few more hints in 7.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
shock I would not have guessed magic in this tale. My bad. You told us in the intro blush

The Imp sounds like Mr. Myxpltk. And the curse of the clothes is definitely a mean trick. After all, if I got this right, they will lose their magic as soon as Loisette's true love reveals himself to her. Which means, once Loisette and Clarkent know they're in love, they won't have the disguise any more to sneak around. Did I already say evil?

On a related note, since Loisette gets to keep her body underneath the clothes, things are bound to get interesting in a couple of years if they keep goofing around, stickfighting, wrestling, etc. Stuff boys do. Clarkent will go ask Dwayne if it's bad that he is into a particular boy and Loisette will feel Clarkent rubbing against her, causing all sorts of conflicting emotions laugh

Imp's right. This is great mischief laugh

And *yay* on Catherine. Seems like her character survived the soultravel in one piece.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Merriwether
Merriwether
See, I interpreted it just as Clark being able to see through the disguise once he and Loisette realize they are in love ... but I guess I need to reread to see the Imp's exact words. Will the garment lose its magic completely once it's discovered? That would be a dirty trick!

(And LOL at Michael's prediction of "conflicting emotions" as the boys grow closer. What was Wendy's story? "When Larry Met Charlie"? lol I don't know that a storyline like that would fit here, but it's funny to think about.)

I, too, thought of Mxy when I saw the Imp. And it occurred to me that Penelope Grace could be shortened to ... Penny! I wonder if Jimmy the bird has a thing going on with Penny the horse. lol

So the question becomes will Lady Catherine be a hinderance to Loisette ... or the perfect distraction to the guards to let her slip in and out of the castle at will?

More, please!

Kathy

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
That's where I'm coming from.
“Yes,” he said, twirling his free hand in the air. “It may sound a bit sappy, but love can break all sorts of spells in all sorts of ways.

“And what would love do with this . . . disguise?”

“When--and only when--your true love proves himself willing to give up everything for you, then he will see you as you truly are, and the magic surrounding the clothes will disappear completely.
Besides, if it's our favorite Imp from the 5th Dimension, the trick's got to be dirty. Otherwise, Peri would have been the one to give her the disguise laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Otherwise, Peri would have been the one to give her the disguise
Very true. Maybe we can pit Peri and the Imp against each other in a cage match. Dueling magic! laugh

D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Kathy and Michael, thanks for the feedback! As you've seen, "Imp" says something very specific. smile And, yeah, the magic isn't entirely ideal for them, heh. Mischief indeed!

Penelope Grace is actually named after a dog I once had (two of the three dogs I have right now are actually specifically named after L&C characters--Mxyzptlk and Vixen--and I fully intend for our next to be Lex laugh ).

And you'll see more of Catherine in the next chapter!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow, the plot thickens! Yes, like everyone else I have to assume that Imp is Mr. Mxyzptlk. I think you've given us enough hints for that. And extra points for using him - he's a villain that just doesn't get used very often in L&C fanfic!

Interesting speculation on the clothes - the other posters all said it better than I could. I'm looking forward to see what the worst possible time for the spell to be broken is. Of course, the spell will break at that moment.

Thanks for making a very plausible reason as to why no one would recognize Gawain as the princess. I'd like to think that Clarkent is a little more observant and he'd pick up on a disguise of just a clothing change and a hat. After all, he isn't galactically stupid. wink

D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Iolanthe--
I'm looking forward to see what the worst possible time for the spell to be broken is. Of course, the spell will break at that moment.
Heh. You never know! Maybe it will happen at a good time??? *grin*

Thanks for making a very plausible reason as to why no one would recognize Gawain as the princess. I'd like to think that Clarkent is a little more observant and he'd pick up on a disguise of just a clothing change and a hat. After all, he isn't galactically stupid.
Heh heh heh. Definitely not galactically stupid--especially since no glasses are involved. laugh

Thanks for the feedback!

Deja Vu

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard