Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks for posting again so soon! And I hope we get the next one just as quickly! smile

It was sad to see Clark so vulnerable, but nice that Canon Lois was there to help him make sense of his feelings. (You'd think all these alt characters would get confusing, but they stay surprisingly clear. That's good writing!)

I can only tell you that there was a time when people were afraid of me. Nobody wanted to work with me, and people I interviewed were practically wetting themselves by the time I got to the interview. I was known as being fierce and ruthless. Clark never backed down from me, and I know that had to have been hard. I think the reason he could was that he had a very strong support system with his parents and also I had a wicked crush on Superman, so occasionally he saw the softer sappier side of Lois.”
This was awfully insightful of Lois. I'm glad to see her recognize her past mistakes, and how it had impacted Clark. And I think it's a good point that Clark did see her sappier side, knowing there was a soft person underneath all the armor.

Unable to restrain himself any longer, he rushed over to the room where they were and flung open the door, forcing himself not to rip it off the hinges at the last possible moment.
Even when he's terrified and angry, he still doesn't break down the door! I think this Clark needs to go push some glaciers around or something. He's been SO careful about everything, he needs a big task to let it all out--all the anger over what Kal-El did. Just a thought...

“What the hell,” he cried out, looking at his agitated doppelganger in full-on rage. “What the hell did you do?”
shock We need the next part soon!!

grovel

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Thanks for posting again so soon (and I wouldn't mind the next part being posted so soon again wink )

This Clark does need to blow off some stream - breaking an ice mountain in the Arctic!

“What the hell,” he cried out, looking at his agitated doppelganger in full-on rage. “What the hell did you do?”
He sure is angry! But that is very in character for him, though.

smile

Features Writer
Features Writer
HOLY COW!! If HIS Lois sees him like this...!!

Here's the thing. I keep feeling like this NEEDS to happen. I know they are just story characters but, in real life you can only devote so much energy to being afraid before you just get tired of it, at least that's how it should be. I can't stand the concept of someone living in "constant fear" makes me wanna shake them up and I think that's why this is good for Alt Lois. She's getting shaken up and needs to remember that "That which does not kill you MAKES YOU STRONGER!!" Be FIERCE!!!

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I can see why you split this but posted it end to end. I really like the symmetry in these two parts.

Lois was tempted to make a joke about PMS but realized to do so would seem to be callous.
It's tragic and everything but at the same time, from a spectators POV, there's also a certain poetic comedy to it, balancing the drama with a chance to chuckle and leave this without too much of a heavy heart.

She was pleading. In Kryptonian.

Unable to restrain himself any longer, he rushed over to the room where they were and flung open the door, forcing himself not to rip it off the hinges at the last possible moment.

Somebody i-is in tro-ouble. As I sad before, if it weren't so tragic, it would be hilarious.

Here's hoping for part 5 soon.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I hope part 5 comes soon. Wow poor Clark 1! Both 3 and 4 were good chapters. I want more though, greedy thing that I am. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The other Lois had talked him down already a grand total of seven times from going in and checking on his wife.
Tee-hee! It shows how much he cares.

His Lois had likened him on more than one occasion to an abuse victim. It was a comparison that he hated but understood. Lois felt as guilty about his reactions to her trauma as he did about her negative reactions to him.
So their marriage isn't totally healthy. I can see that they would both need more time, but they seem to be stuck.

She had never been truly broken despite whatever traumas in her life had led her to initially adopt a hard veneer before falling in love and learning to trust Clark.
The Lois in the Lord Kal-El world was taken much further to the edge of being broken. I'm not sure if she was ever totally broken, but she came very close. And getting frequent inadvertent telepathic communications from the evil Lord Kal-El (across the universes) could only perpetuate the bad feelings.

“See, even this reaction, Lois… I’m not exactly in control of my feelings here and you aren’t nervous about it at all. You act like it’s no big deal that this super powered guy is slightly out of control with what he’s feeling.”
What a tremendous statement! It would be so important for alt-Clark to always be in control, much more so than canon Clark. Now that alt-Clark has been outed (the secret identity is blown), it's like he says: he daren't act out of control, at any time, in any fashion. Too frightening for the masses, and for Lois. But can he continue to live that way?

"I know you have to watch yourself and walk on eggshells sometimes. I know you probably wish you could just for once exist normally and not have to rehearse what you do and say in order to appear non-threatening. And you don’t even have the luxury of having a place where you can just be yourself entirely. You don’t have it out there in the world, and you don’t have it here at home – although I’m guessing home is a lot better than out there.”
One of the things that's not explored enough with alt-Clark. So I'm really glad you're writing this fic.

"I can tell you things that I can’t even tell him… like how his lead-lined robe comment made me feel.”
Yes, I can see how canon L&C would tacitly choose to never discuss that whole episode. And I think it's great that canon Lois and alt-Clark can talk about these things. They must be developing a firm friendship. I know he did try to put the moves on canon Lois once, but those days are long gone. They are each secure in whom they belong to (if you know what I mean), and their circumstances are unique, so they will be able to have that rare male-female platonic deep friendship.

Fortunately, alt-Clark is aiming his rage at the one person who can handle it.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard