Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Wow! What a emotional part.

“He’s so scared to upset me that he’s afraid sometimes to make a sound. Like an abused spouse or child…”
And so this must be affecting their marriage and not in a good way.

Summoning up what he had seen, and what he had experienced with Lord Nor, Clark tried to channel the Lord Kal that had imprisoned her.

He started out with simple menacing statements about her past slavery.

<<You’re mine>>
That must be horrifying and sickening to remember.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” and she began to beg with him in his native alien language for forgiveness.

Suddenly there was silence in her mind. She waited long and terrified moments for further reprisal.
This is bad. She's reverting to the old days.

I only hope that she can learn to block the invasion at least somewhat. It sounds as if this practicing is making her revert. It might set back her relationship with her Clark. Canon Clark must be horrified at what he's done to her. Has her own Clark picked up on her emotional distress?

And, BTW, has alt-Clark (the Clark from "Long Strange Trip") become practiced in his own telepathic abilities? Will he be able to keep out unwanted invaders? This might be important.

Excellent chapter! Please post more soon.

L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
Thanks I.

Clark of LST world doesn't know how to block yet.

I will address why he didn't come busting in at the first sound of her distress in the next chapter.

And Canon Clark goofed, basically. I like it when he screws up, because despite not being human, he is still error prone.

He didn't have the same general caution that Clark carries around with him always (the abused-spouse eggshell thing that Lois mentioned) despite knowing that she needed special handling. He's just used to dealing with a more resilient Lois.

As far as LST Lois and clark - yes, Clark and Lois have good times, and they have not so good times, and Clark is very careful to make sure he knows how she's feeling before attempting to get close.

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow! Very intense... just curious--do you have a psychology background? Cause you write like you know what you are talking about. wink

“No,” She cried out as she built the walls, only to have them collapse. Time and again she tried, and time and again, she failed. Her intense emotional response began to feedback on itself and she began to lose awareness of her surroundings.

“No, No,” she held up her hands defensively against the man in front of her. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” and she began to beg with him in his native alien language for forgiveness.

Suddenly there was silence in her mind. She waited long and terrified moments for further reprisal.
OMG this ending... so intense! Lois is so strong and to see her cower like that has got to be breaking (both) Clark's heart! frown

Please post more soon!

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
A very emotional and intense chapter indeed!

I cannot imagine living through the trauma Lois has to and when canon Clark sent that message "you're mine" ... well, it cannot be pleasant to remember and experience that again.

Looking forward to more.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, indeed. And thanks for the exposition earlier in the FDK thread.

Normally, L&C teeping has a lot of cuteness to it. But now, it's a really weird mix of cute horror dizzy

Michael

PS: *yay* for two parts. Even if it means I have now a backlog blush

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Features Writer
Features Writer
But now, it's a really weird mix of cute horror
That's sort of how I was seeing it too. With Clark trying to train her to block bad projections, he's got to go wholeheartedly on the attack or she'll never be strong enough.
Very well visualized!! thumbsup clap

TEEEEEJ

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard