Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#73809 09/16/10 02:02 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Preview of 51

She crouched beside him, one hand on his knee. "Clark," she said with a soft smile. "I can see you're not sure about this, but you don't have to do anything. You've done your part - you saved all of those people. Let me be the strong one for a while." She reached for his tie, loosened it, released the knot, and slid it from his neck.

"Lois -"

Her finger on his mouth hushed him. "I'm your wife," she said. "Let me love you." She removed his glasses and placed them next to the lamp. Next, she turned her attention to his shirt and undid the row of buttons. She tugged the white material from the waistband of his trousers and slid it from his shoulders.
FDK goes here.

Many thanks!

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A nosy Esmerelda is still better than a breaking-and-entering Mayson. But when are they going to realize that they can go anywhere in the world, not just Metropolis coffee shops? Like, say, a nice romantic bungalow in the Caribbean?

I really enjoyed Chris and Seb's date, by the way. Nice original characters. smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
rotflol rotflol
though his cut-off jeans and bright yellow thongs
Good thing you gave us a picture of "thongs". I had an instant vision of Seb with a thong on the outside of his cut-offs. Sort of like his brother-in-law wears!
Actually those are the same thongs in Hawaii too, so I wasn't too surprised.
Great parts with Chris & Seb, and though we hate it, Esmeralda.
Keep it coming! (and the same for Lois and Clark!)
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Thanks for the picture of the thongs! I would have pictured the other one had you forgot to mention what they actually were!

Great part again and Esmeralda is sooo nosy! Wonder what Clark will say to her when he legitimately visits Lois on the weekend and Esmeralda confronts him about Lois' "other" activities with a man.

BTW, I love hundreds and thousands!

And fairy bread sounds delicious and the name is just quite and quite apt.

smile

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awww, Chris and Seb are really cute together. And Chris kept not believing she might be Seb's focus clap Did I already say 'cute'?

And there's out primary couple...
Perhaps not exactly, because Lois hadn't *shared* breakfast with her man ... a more apt description would be that she'd had him *for* breakfast.
clap

From Tullamarine Airport, they shared a taxi. Lois got out at Windy Hill - Essendon's home ground - and Chris continued to the MCG where she was to do the injury round up following the North Melbourne-Geelong final that afternoon.
How did they deal with their luggage?

Did *anyone* talk footy in Metropolis?
huh

He sighed. "Lois, honey," he said, his voice suddenly serious. "I thought it was tough being away from you before ... now it's torturous."

She chuckled. "True ... but at least being together isn't torturous anymore."
huh laugh

"I know he's in there; I heard banging," she said.
/chokes/ Talk about double entendre...

"But when you came and took Clark away from me, you acted like he was your own private property, and the moment he went back to the States, you turned into the town bike."
shock /goes getting some paper towel to clean spilled drink from monitor/ And 'town bike' OMG!

"You'd know," Lois muttered bitterly.

Esmeralda must have heard, because her face reddened and her eyes popped. "You've always taken the high moral ground with me," she accused. "You've always looked down on me because of what I do."
Okay, this *really* sounds like Ezzie is a bike rental service.

"Yes, next week," Lois said. "And just so you know, he'll be staying here. And ..." She lifted her head defiantly. "... you'll probably hear banging."
/goes fetching another paper towel/ Please add a reminder to your posts advising people against the consumption of food and liquids while reading.

Esmeralda's mouth fell open, and she glared at Lois. "You pretend you're such a squeaky clean goody-goody, and yet you're nothing like that at all. You're a sl -"
wallbash That's the *third* run for paper towels. I probably should get one of those hardened outdoors laptops...

"I'll be telling Clark about you when he gets here next week."

Lois sighed. "You do that." She stepped back and shut the door.
Yeah, but what is he going to answer? Maybe "I'm not asking her what she's doing when she's home." But still, there's no answer that doesn't make him sound like a wimp, Lois like a slut or heartless bitch, or some combination there off. Maybe they should just put soundproofing into her apartment?

"Any chance you'd like Kryptonian for entrée as well as dessert?"
Well, Lois did mention something about getting back to the honeymooning. And what's better than Kryptonian à la crème?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
"Thongs" are what we always used to call them since way back when I was growing up, so that's actually what I first thought of when you mentioned the link to clarify your intent. smile1 I think it was just a few years ago that I heard people also calling certain "bottom-wear" (I'll call it here) "thongs", also I've heard the footwear called: shower shoes, flip-flops, and probably other expressions I can't remember now. I appreciate your meaning being the first one I was familiar with!!

I also was thinking Lois needs a new unsqueaky bed and soundproofing in her bedroom!! Clark could have that up in no time! dance

EvelynC
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
EvelynC wrote:
also I've heard the footwear called: shower shoes, flip-flops, and probably other expressions I can't remember now.
I have always called the type of shoes depicted "thongs". "Flip flops," for me, refer to shoes similar in style but lacking a vertical post between the big toe and the next toe over.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
SNORK!!!! Oh, Michael, you're so bad.
Ezzie is a bike rental service.
I'm really glad I wasn't drinking a drink when I read that!!!! devilsplat angel-devil
Artemis

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thongs... we call them Jandals.

Another awesome chapter. Am so looking forward to future developments in this story; it's a fantastic read! Hope we get to see Lois and Clark married as 'themselves' also; that would just cap this story off nicely, don't you think?

Keep 'em coming!

thumbsup

Elizabeth

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/walks around, searching for Aussie Rules 51/

Michael peep

PS: @Artemis: Oops blush

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
No worries. It was a good oops. I like those.
Artemis

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Amy I'm so glad you enjoyed Seb's date with Chris. I wrote it and got the opinions of the BRs as to whether it should be included or not - it was a bit of a tangent.

Mayson - what I have planned for her is not nice at all. Maybe I should write two endings for her - the *really* bad one I've got planned (for those who hate this Mayson) and the not so bad one for everyone else. laugh

Thanks, Amy.

Artemis I thought I should put the pic of the thongs at the beginning and not the end!!

Thanks!

DW Esmeralda is nosy because Lois has a life, and she doesn't!

Try some fairy bread - put enough butter or margarine on the bread to make the hundreds and thousands stick - otherwise there will be a huge mess to clean up!

Michael Good point about the luggage. My only small excuse is that domestic airlines now offer 'light' fares - ie only carry-on luggage. The last few times I've flown interstate, I've only taken a backpack. I'll fill in the plot hole before it goes to the archive.

I know the whole concept of Clark super-dressing Lois is ridiculous - by no moreso than him spinning in and out of the Superman suit. I thought it would be a fun extention.

LOL about the paper towel runs!

Thanks, Michael.

Evelyn Thanks for the FDK. Regarding the unsqueaky bed, they could just levitate like they did in canon!

'Thongs' can mean underwear here, but our first thought is footwear.

Lynn How do flip-flops stay on?

Elizabeth Jandals - do you also have sandals?

Hope we get to see Lois and Clark married as 'themselves' also; that would just cap this story off nicely, don't you think?
Due to this and similar comments, I have decided to include the LnC wedding. My initial plan was to finish with the result of the merger vote and then skip to the epilogue. Having thought about it, it won't be too hard to make the LnC wedding different to the SnUW wedding, so I figure "Why not?" And, as a few people have asked about this wedding, consider it my way of thanking everyone who has stuck with me through this very long fic.

Thanks, Elizabeth.

Michael - 51 was up about half an hour after your post! And see above for a reply to your post in the other thread regarding 70 parts. I'm thinking 65 - but now I have a wedding to include - so maybe 66 ... or 67 ... or wink

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Jandals - do you also have sandals?
Yes, Corrina, we also have sandals. smile

Looking forward to 52.

Cheers
Elizabeth

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Lynn How do flip-flops stay on?
I thought the easiest way to explain would be to include a link to a picture of one. The more I looked, the more I realized that they just don't seem to make what to me are true flip-flops any more. (I have had a harder and harder time finding them in recent years.) The closest I could find was this: [Linked Image]

But the flip-flops I grew up with were much less clunky. The material was lighter, and instead of having one thick strap, there were two smaller straps, either parallel to each other or forming an "X".

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I know the whole concept of Clark super-dressing Lois is ridiculous - by no moreso than him spinning in and out of the Superman suit. I thought it would be a fun extention.
Uh, no actually, I was just thinking, 'why would *Clark* want to cover Lois up into *regular* clothes as fast as possible.' Undressing, sure. Dressing her in something that makes his eyes pop, certainly. But exchanging 'naked wife on honeymoon' for 'all business Lois', what's his motivation? laugh

Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard