Next Thread
Print Thread
#73801 09/16/10 04:05 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I love going to Smallville, don't you? laugh

As always, comments welcome! hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Yes, MM, I too love going to Smallville. I also love Clark taking Lois flying, having them talking, and having them kiss and make up. And this part had it all. Lots of warm fuzzies all around. jump

Joy,
Lynn

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I had been away, but am now catching up on your story, which I am enjoying very much as you have gotten further into it. smile1

And really loved part 5!!! Just one question: Is the following supposed to be clear; but maybe I'm the only who isn't sure of what they mean in the following statements between L&C huh :
"I--I have--never--" Lois began, inarticulate for once.

Clark held back a little smile. "I always suspected..."

She laughed warmly. "Well, wish you had shared that bit of information sooner!"
Perhaps I'm trying to make it more complicated than it is. blush
Thanks!

EvelynC
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Evelyn,
Yeah, don't think too hard on this one. Basically it's Lois realizing how strong their connection is. Clark has known all along of course. It's just finally sinking in for Lois wink

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"And I'm glad you snooped! At least something useful has rubbed off on you."
That's the Lois we know and love!

Your description of how Lex is slowly grinding her down is very good. He's subtle and persistent. I'm glad that she and Clark are talking again.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
one word describes this entire chapter for me:

sweet!

I can't wait for more.

~I Love this tragic sometimes magic awful beautiful life!~
Top Banana
Top Banana
This was what Lois needed all along. One thing I see here that was also so true from the series is that Lex is a master at confusing Lois. In the series she didn't turn to anyone for help and that is why she ended up in so much trouble.

I loved this section:
Slowly, eventually, she felt herself begin to relax. Flying in Clark's arms paradoxically grounded her. By stepping away from the earth and into the clouds, she could see things much more clearly. And what she saw was that she had been blinded to see all along. She couldn't do this on her own. She needed her partner, her hero.
This is so much what she needed!

I also think that by going to Smallville and getting some time with Martha and Jonathan gives her more confidence that Clark is who she can trust and where she should turn.

I'm glad they got their kiss. love

Bob

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard