Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Villanelles are surprisingly hard to try to write, in case you were wondering. :p

Merriwether
Merriwether
I got behind on this story after really enjoying the first part, so I was happy to get to read parts 2-5 all in a row. And it still hasn't disappointed. I've really enjoyed watching Loisette come out of her shell under Clarkent's companionship, and watching everything unfold. I especially liked Peri's involvement -- there is definitely something mystical about him. Could he be Clark's "Merlin"? (And I got a chuckle out of James -- of course he's Peri's side kick!)

After chapter 4, I was wondering if Lex was going to be lurking anywhere about, and when I opened part 5, I found my answer. He's everything I expected. And I knew he had to be here ... though I wish he didn't have to come between L&C! Let's just hope Clark can eventually dispatch him as well as Wesley did Prince Humperdink. wink

Clarkent raised his brow. “*You* know Peregrine the White?”

She gave him a funny look. “Of course. He’s my father’s court magician.”
Ah! So Peri has a secret identity of his own. That would explain how he knows so much. Very nice. (At least, I assume that's where you're going with it.)

So you seem to be posting every three days, is that right? Any chance you could shorten it up to every other day? I'd love it if you and ML could alternate days, giving me something new to read every morning, LOL.

Kathy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, princesses don't dance with stable boys. But when princesses have to run for their lives because their evil noble has staged a coup d'etat, it will be helpful to know some friendly stable boys.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The next day, Alexander was walking through a castle hallway
/strangled voice/ Ack dizzy

Before, her health had been such that he had marveled that she continued to last even a day. Now, however, something seemed to be breathing life into her.
Oops?

He watched as she left. Once she was out of sight, a villainous smile crossed his face. Perhaps it would not be too difficult to fit her into his plans.
I sense a wedding approaching. When do princesses get married in Metropolita? 14? 15?

<Maybe she’s not a *complete* brat.>
And maybe our stableboy is a bit of a snob himself. After all, she's been nice and easy going since what, their 3rd date?

“I wish I had a pegasus,” she said softly.
And now there's the Lois-esque love of flying.

“You want a pegasus, Your Highness?”
Are they real in Metropolita or just a wellknown myth?

“*Clark*,” she returned firmly, “I order you to dance with me.”

He sighed, knowing he couldn’t win this argument--especially not after she had made it an order. “Yes, Your Highness.”
He still thinks he could win the argument if she *didn't* make it an order? laugh

Before long, she would find some new pastime, and he wouldn’t see her anymore. As much as he wanted to think of her as a friend--well, it just couldn’t be.

He was a lowly stableboy. And that was all he would ever be.
Uh-huh...

/imagines Loisette at age 14/"No Daddy. I will not marry Alexander. I love Clarkent. -- What do you mean 'Who's Clarkent?' The stable boy, of course."

So, two days or three to the next part?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Kathy-- I've had this really weird sense of time lately, so it's made my posting schedule less frequent than I meant. Oops. I will try to remedy that. smile I'm glad it hasn't disappointed! And James's part rather made me grin when I thought of it. Hehehe.

Iolanthe-- LOL. This is true--it would definitely be nice to have a friendly stableboy hanging out in the wings.

Michael-- Hahah @ the "oops" and the "3rd date" bit. Guess it's bad to be healthy if it means it gets Lex's attention, eh? I'm glad you caught on to the "Lois-esque love of flying"--I've tried to put a lot of nods to the Superman mythos.

------------------------

Thanks for the feedback!

Deja Vu

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard