Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Meet James. laugh

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You know your horse stuff!

I forgot who Peri was in this incarnation.

And one quibble - wouldn't the princess be chaperoned more strictly? She's getting to that age.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Still--the princess always came back unharmed. Aliss was probably worrying about nothing. Perhaps Peri knew what Loisette was doing in the great world outside the castle . . .
Oh, that's interesting. I did not expect Loisette to sneak out this often.

She also had to admit that it was nice to be around someone her age. The stableboy Clarkent made her feel less like royalty and more like a human being. Though she spent most of her time outside exploring the region surrounding the castle--and only spent an hour or two a day with the stableboy (knowing he had work to do)--being around Clarkent for even that long was enough to lift her spirits.
Wow, she certainly is adventurous...

“It means I should finally be allowed to race!” she exclaimed. She had been looking forward to racing ever since had gotten up on High Flyer . . . . Well, after she had gotten over her initial fright, that was.
I did not see that one coming. But this part's title certainly made me worry at this point.

“I’m not going back to the castle right now.” Her voice was as hard as the rock that had almost killed her. “I have been afraid of everything for too long. I’m getting back on the horse.”
clap

She stared at him, and it was obvious she knew what he was thinking. She knew he was trying to protect her from being hurt. Pointedly, she looked down at her horse and--with a kick and a flick--brought him first to a walk, then to a trot, then to a canter, and finally to a gallop. She raced off, calling back after him, “Catch me if you can, Clark!”
Well, Loisette certainly set a new standard for getting back on the horse.

Peri turned to the princess. “Are you all right, Your Highness? We saw you fall.”
So, Peri is the court wizard and Ja,es probably kept watch the entire time whenever Loisette is outside the castle.

Looking forward to 5. And 6. And 7. And... well, you can guess the pattern wink

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Iolanthe-- The horse stuff has been a mixture of research and what I recall from a couple camps I went to. smile In regard to the princess being chaperoned--I'll be covering that issue in a few chapters.

Michael-- Loisette definitely sets the standard for getting back on the horse! laugh I'm glad you're looking forward to future parts--things get more interesting, I promise. The story just starts slow.... smile

--------------------------

Thanks for the feedback!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard