Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I'm thinking of posting part 4b tomorrow at midnight EST. I think it might be a good time to do that since these two parts go well together.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Please post soon!

Well, that certainly answered the question of how fast Charlie could move.
Clark, you are really blowing your cover here!

Charlie!” she exclaimed when he suddenly doubled over, holding his head in his hands.
He must have changed the timeline again? And this time it's taken him all night to recover? That doesn't sound good. It seems that each time, he's more seriously affected.

There was no way she was going to let him get into that time machine and simply disappear on her until they had thrashed the whole thing out.
Yay, Lois! I can't wait till she tells him that she knows about his time machine and she wants some more answers, buster.

But... you mentioned a party at Beta Beta.
Looks like Lois knows where to go for her next step in the date-rape investigation.

Top Banana
Top Banana
hyper Good part!!

Still terribly worried about Clark... what's going on??

Interesting to throw Mayson Drake in, and I liked the Perry Mason connection. smile

So yeah! Post soon! Post soon! clap

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
All I can say is Wow.

Delightful.

Framework4
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Another wonderful part!

One minute, they’d been celebrating. A moment later, they’d really been celebrating
smile1

Features Writer
Features Writer
Still reading and enjoying. Again, almost better than watching an episode on TV. Clark's reaction to the changes in the timeline are frightening because he is made up of what happened when his history was being made and it's almost like every change is tearing him up from what he used to be. I mean since they are in an alternate universe, are they changing to another universe everytime Lois chooses another direction?

What about the Clark that's already in that universe? Is he going to be the same person Lois is in love with after all the time changes? Are all the changes going to tear the time traveling Clark apart??? shock

Argh!! I am so sucked into this story; post soon. I needs my fix!

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Yes, another wonderful part!

Lynn already quoted it, but it is too good not to be quoted again:

One minute, they’d been celebrating. A moment later, they’d really been celebrating.
rotflol

This story is such an interesting take on the whole secrecy and secret identity thing between Lois and Calrk. Lois definitely doesn't know who Clark is, but she does know that he is a time traveller, and Clark doesn't know that she knows.

She moved over to a table on the far side of the room, having to step around the large tarp covered contraption sitting in the middle of the floor. He felt slightly confused, but at the same time grateful that she almost seemed oblivious to its presence. Maybe there was enough on her mind at the moment without worrying about what was under the tarp. On the other hand, it was rather strange, given who she was, that she wasn’t more curious about it.
Clark, Clark! She knows that it is a time machine! She knows that you plan to leave in it! And she knows that you saved her when she was nine(?) years old!

But she doesn't know that you are getting sick because of the changes you have made to the timeline, and you don't seem to realize it either. Clark, sometimes I have to wonder about the number of brain cells you have in that darling head of yours. (Hmmm, maybe Lois ought to realize it, too.)

And this portrait of Mayson Drake is so interesting. What a complete contrast this Mayson is to the Mayson we have seen in Female Hawk's Aussie Rules!

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper hyper hyper New part soon! hyper hyper hyper

Because if there was one thing she knew for certain it was that she was not about to let Charlie King go without a fight.
Oh boy?

Someone knocking at the door stopped him in his tracks.
I'm starting to get the feeling you're not going to leave 1987 until the story is almost done and most damage will be done right then and there. Not that I mind laugh

‘Lois, we can’t be kissing because I’m married. Sorry I forgot to mention that little detail this past week, but it just sort of slipped my mind.’ Or you could have said, ‘Lois, we can’t be kissing because... Charlie!”
/spews figurative drink across figurative screen/

“A headache,” he added.
Fine. I'll bite. The timing is just a coincidence and the pain comes from the increased kryptonite exposure Clark will receive n the future due to his earlier/more active involvement with the affairs of powerful men thanks to the presence and interference of Lois Lane.

“Molly, it isn’t what it looks like.”

“It looks like you spent the night together.”

“Well, we did, but not like that,” she quickly added when Molly instantly grinned.
lol I wonder if 30-y/o Clark looks young enough not to cause too many questions about the 30-y/o hooking up with the college freshman.

“That will happen when you are up half the night... not doing what it looks like you were doing.”

“Molly, I told you...”

“Nothing happened,” Molly completed.
Yes, I'm sure Molly believes her friend. Uh-huh.

“Congratulations. Your first front page story.”
I wonder what happens should Paul kick her off the Ink's staff. How is she going to get credit then? Or is a freelance position at the Planet also sufficient to satisfy the credits for her journalism class?

Molly was right. She had it bad.
That's one way to put it. And to think, she's still a virgin. Probably simply due to the fact that lover-boy had a headache.

“Mayson Drake,” the blonde said, offering Lois her hand.
You had Mayson Drake date raped, too?
“Me investigating; you prosecuting... The criminals of Metropolis won’t know what hit them,” Lois responded, finally provoking a smile out of the other woman.
Could they actually become friends in this universe? They certainly have better odds, what with Mayson having been turned off men.

Michael, eagerly counting the hours...

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I so did not expect Mayson to be the source and it seems like Lois and Mayson could almost be friends in this universe!

I'm thinking of posting part 4b tomorrow at midnight EST. I think it might be a good time to do that since these two parts go well together.
Yes, please!

smile

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Thanks for all the comments. And again, I'm enjoying the speculation.

And you made me really feel for her, especially with the horrendous nightmares she experienced afterwards.
I wrote Mayson's experience after reading a number of different accounts from women who had been victims of date rape drugs. From there, I created Mayson's experience.

One thing I found myself trying to imagine (unsuccessfully before doing my research) was how someone could be affected by something they couldn't remember. But after reading these women's stories, I realized just how insidious this crime is - making the women completely paranoid when they realize that something happened but can't remember what.

So I'm glad that I managed to portray the horror of the experience.

One nitpick -- You'll probably want to correct the spelling of "Apha Nu Rho" (sic).
Thanks. One of the wonderful things about being dyslexic.

I wonder if 30-y/o Clark looks young enough not to cause too many questions about the 30-y/o hooking up with the college freshman.
I can't see any college freshman saying no to this:

[img]http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b461/mlt62/LeatherJacket.jpg?t=1284228219[/img]

laugh

Anyway, thanks for the comments. Glad you guys are enjoying this.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Everything suddenly became so clear to her. If he’d been trying to protect her, he was already too late. She had already fallen head-over-heels in love with him. And losing him was going to kill her now whether or not they ever got involved.
This and Lois realizing she was in love with him after the kiss are both gorgeous descriptions of their relationship. smile

And, as heartbreaking as it all is that they might be separated, at least Clark won't have to worry about her falling in love with anyone else if he does have to go back to his time and wait for her. smile

“Hey, look who’s finally awake.”

Charlie smiled.
Whoops. Clark smiled. smile

As for Clark's attacks, I don't suppose there is any chance this is the universe's way of making "adjustments" a little at a time every time the timeline changes and all this suffering means he will already be adapted to the new future when he goes back, is there? Because that would be a little less ominous than what I'm worried might be happening to him ...

“Mayson Drake,” the blonde said, offering Lois her hand.
*Sits up straigher* Wow, I definitely didn't see that coming. And since Mayson is the same age as L&C, this must be college student Mayson ...

“A few days later, the nightmares started.”
Oh, Mayson. You poor, poor girl. *wants to hug her*

And Beta Beta being the house where this happened last year could point to Bob or Ryan ... or maybe any of the football players who live there ... the plot is definitely thickening.

(As an aside, I wonder if this Mayson will be so distrusting of Superman -- assuming she ever does move back to Metropolis; Clark didn't seem to recognize her -- since he sticks up for the underdog and goes after the bad guys.)

And now I get to move on to part ... wait, what do you mean I've run out of parts? Noooo! I just got to read three in a row. I can't stop now!

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow ...

Kathy

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Just read through your comments on the past few parts, Kathy, and enjoyed them very much.

And, as heartbreaking as it all is that they might be separated, at least Clark won't have to worry about her falling in love with anyone else if he does have to go back to his time and wait for her.
Want to respond to that, but won't. Nope. Not me. Not saying a word. You're not getting a thing out of me. laugh

Whoops. Clark smiled.
Thanks for pointing that one out. Will go back and change it.

And now I get to move on to part ... wait, what do you mean I've run out of parts? Noooo! I just got to read three in a row. I can't stop now!

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow ...
wave

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard