Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#73553 09/05/10 12:28 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Preview of 47

Lois saw Clark stop. She saw him grasp his chest. She saw him slump. And then she saw him fall.

By the time he hit the ground, she was already halfway up the aisle.

When she reached him, she dropped beside him. His face was contorted with pain, and his hands were snatching at his chest in a futile attempt to ease his agony. "Superman," she gasped.

A flash of light hit them.
You *will* get the wedding in 47! laugh

Many thanks,

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
And the season is over just like that. Without even time to mourn. Which I guess makes sense, because that's how it's actually happening for Lois, but it just seems so... bleak.

Dude, were you really just playing with us with the large green gemstones? Really? Not fair!

Chris and Seb would be cute.

Mayson strangling herself on her elastic contraption would also be cute.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Loved the links. I actually hadn't known the national anthem of Australia until you made it known in this fic. Loved the slide show. Makes me want to go there!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
And I was hoping that Mayson would drop the kryptonite down the toilet off the toilet paper holder, but I guess not from your preview. Here's waiting on super pins and needles! hyper

EvelynC
M
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
M
I hope you include all these links with the story when you submit it to the archive. It's great being able to see all the things you describe.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ohh, an oy veh! part. Yes, I'm hoping the kryptonite falls off the TP holder into the toilet. But it sounds like no such luck.
Wow, so many unexpected twists and turns!
So what does Perry have? A ransom note for Ultra
Woman?
Can't wait for more!
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
I love this story. I don't usually like lengthy tales but this one keeps getting better. Thanks for a great read. I think somehow Perry knows about Mason and is warning Clark who will finally take Mason down and maybe reveal something to lead him to the Boss. I'm probably wrong but whatever it is I know you will make it unexpectedly wonderful.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh no!!! Hawthorn lost! Corrina, you've got to fix that somehow!

And Mayson... hiding the kryptonite in her bra. And Luthor noticing her fiddling with her bra. Why do I think that Luthor will snatch up the kryptonite during the wedding ceremony?

Chris and Seb were really cute together. Good, because I think Seb needs a woman's good influence on him. I'm not sure what he is doing with that black, oh-so-green opal. Not that I truly think he is knowingly involved in bringing down Superman.

And you promised us a wedding in part 47? So bring it on, please!

Ann

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
evil cliffie! I'm hooked on this story now!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Nice work! The scenes with Chris were great; it's nice for Lois to have a friend besides Clark whom she can trust.

And what a cliffhanger!

Please for only a small gap between posting 46 and 47.

Cheers
Elizabeth

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
That was definitely a cliffhanger, unless Ultrawoman just got called momentarily away smile

And Superman's panic should come a little later on during the wedding when he feels the exposure to the green rock.

But I so didn't expect the whole Seb and Chris romance; however, once Lois suggested going to see Seb, that thought somehow briefly crossed my mind!

But I am too looking forward to the wedding and finding out what Perry is up to!

smile1

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And in that moment, Seb Wilton fell in love.
That's not *love*. That's a blonde in your shop and hormones laugh wink

Seb smiled at Chris and extended his hand to shake hers. His eyes seemed glued to her, and he had a dumbstruck look plastered across his face.

Lois felt laughter bubble inside her as she glimpsed the possible. What if? Seb and Chris? That would be wonderful. Lois's eyes swung from one to the other. Chris was smiling, but she seemed a bit self-conscious; Seb looked like his world had just turned upside down and he had no desire to right it - ever.
laugh

Lois reached into the box and took out the biggest piece. It was roughly shaped and slightly smaller than a golf ball. Holding it up against the light, she slowly rotated it and marvelled at the purity of its colour.
Despite it all, I kept wondering. But a quick google-search confirms my resolve. No Kryptonite in sight.

Their season was over.

Lois slumped onto her seat as disappointment coursed through her body. They had come so close, they had fought so hard, they had challenged the odds and almost ... *almost* achieved a most remarkable victory.
dizzy Okay, make that really cheap slut. laugh

Her disquiet turned to alarm when she saw the tip of the green rock peeking out from between her breasts.
Oops?

The top strip of elastic had worked itself loose. She carefully placed the rock on top of the toilet roll holder and searched through her bag for an appropriate implement to make some running repairs.
Is it going fall into the bowl? Please? And then Mayson can decide between diving after it and flushing. But from the preview, I'm guessing, no. mecry

Perry White slammed down the phone with such force the pencil on his desk jumped.
At first, I just figured he would want to warn Superman that Mayson will be there. But what's really going on?

Fear gripped his heart.

Lois had gone.
eek And I jinxed it with the clone-remarks when Clark assured her he would not let her out of his sight. Oh boy. Oh boy. Oh boy? When's the next part? Please?

You *will* get the wedding in 47!
No consolation. There's been wedding between Clark and Clois. wildguy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
AmyPrime Yep, it is bleak. High hopes, excitement ... and then, nothing.

I hadn't considered strangulation as a method of getting rid of Mayson!

Thanks.

Iolanthe IIRC, you found the National Anthem vid I used! Thanks for all of your help with this fic!

Evelyn I never even thought about her dropping the green rock down the toilet! However, you almost touch on what will happen. Thanks, Evelyn.

Meadowrose Thanks for that. I had intended asking what everyone thought about the links being included in the archive version. There's always the chance that in the future the links won't work, but maybe it would be worth it for those that do.

Artemis Ooh, good - the twists are unexpected! smile Thanks, Artemis.

Andy Hi. Thanks for the FDK - I'm really glad you're enjoying it. A little of what you speculate is correct. Sorry, can't say any more than that just yet.

Ann

Oh no!!! Hawthorn lost! Corrina, you've got to fix that somehow!
Not only could I not fix it in 1996, I couldn't fix it this weekend just gone when Hawthorn again played a final interstate and again lost, meaning our season is now over. mecry

Thanks, Ann.

Joy Thanks. I haven't had many cliffhangers in this fic, but maybe there'll be a couple in the run home. laugh

Elizabeth I'll try for a shorter gap than usual between parts - perhaps tomorrow. And I'll say this - by the end of 47, Lois and Clark will be in bed together ... and there will be even more questions needing answers! laugh

DW I've enjoyed writing the Seb/Chris romance. My BR, Lynn, picked up really early that they were going to be together.

Thanks, DW.

Michael

Various ideas flit through the mind.
* Lipstick. For Lois to wear as her only clothing.
* x-rated Toys, as a joke for Clark.
* The classic nighty.
C. Although that doesn't mean she'll actually wear it!

Sorry, but really? I can't help it, practical as it might be, in this context it makes Mayson sound like a slut.
Moreso than when she put herself in Clark's bed uninvited?

RE the clone - you were the one who kept going on about clones, Michael. If this is Clois, you only have yourself to blame for putting bad ideas in my head!!

Thanks

Corrina.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
... and there will be even more questions needing answers!
"So, tab A is here. And this diagram says, slot B should be somewhere over there..." confused "Sorry, Lois, I can't figure things out..." huh

RE the clone - you were the one who kept going on about clones, Michael. If this is Clois, you only have yourself to blame for putting bad ideas in my head!!
wallbash Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Should have thought of that. Always FDK'ing without checking the water level first.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
The story is going well, but I was curious about something.

You protray your football fans as being quite rapid and loyal to their teams. This also seems to be true with soccer fans in other countries of the world, but there is the dark side.

There are continually incidents where a player or team has 'failed' their fans in some way and wind up being murdered or seriously injured for their failing.

Do Aussie football fans get that 'carried away'?

Tank (who wonders if the fans might take out their anger and disappointment with the merger in a more extreme way)

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
It's my sick sense of humor, I know, but I can't help but envision Mayson's cleavage blinking on and off like green neon under her dress.

I would have been extremely surprised if Seb was working with Kryptonite. He didn't get to his position by confusing an unknown "mineral" for opal.

Elisabeth

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Michael No clones in this fic, Michael! Sorry if you're disappointed wink

Tank Thanks for the question. I can only give my perspective.

I think soccer falls down badly with the things that flow from it - crowd violence, crimes committed by opposing gangs of fans etc.

Footy fans are incredibly passionate, but that rarely translates to violence directed at either other fans or players.

I have never heard of a player being harmed by irate fans - certainly if he chooses to move to another team, he is going to hear about it whenever he plays against his former teammates. The insults will come thick and fast, but it won't go further than that.

If a player fails to deliver, the fans usually bemoan it as a waste of a draft pick, or a bad trade. I have never heard of fans seeking revenge against a player for his performance.

Perhaps one reason is the amount of money players are paid. Five years ago, AFL clubs had a salary cap of about $7 million.

That's not a typo - $7 million to be shared amongst the 44 players on the list.

It has gone up since then, but I doubt it is over $10 million (I haven't looked it up recently.) The highest paid AFL players get around $800 000 a year. That's great money for chasing a bit of red leather around a park, but it's a long way from the money earned by soccer players.

It's a generalisation, but the more money involved, the worse people seem to behave.

Tank (who wonders if the fans might take out their anger and disappointment with the merger in a more extreme way)
These bumper stickers were very popular ...

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/TheCoonDog/Other%20stuff/wbMERGEoakley.jpg

and I've heard that there was a police guard outside that particular man's house - but it was merely cautionary AFAIK.

I've had to leave most of this out of the fic because it involves real people.

This is a story from 2009 which touches on events in this fic.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2009/05/23/ross-oakley-says-up-yours-to-afl-mergers/

Elisabeth That is a funny thought, Elisabeth - particularly if the green glow were to reflect into her face, making her look sick!

Thanks

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard