D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
And so begins my L&C fantasy story....

It's a bit slow at first, but eventually, it gets more interesting. smile

I would like to again thank DW and Corrina for all their help on this!

Deja Vu

Kerth
Kerth
Yay!! You posted!!

hyper hyper hyper

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is certainly an interesting Elseworlds setup. I'm really interested in seeing where you're going to take this.

I like the description. The horse stuff adds a lot of verisimilitude.

Merriwether
Merriwether
What a charming and fascinating beginning to a story. I know this was the backstory chapter, the set-up, but I found it interesting and was eager to keep reading. I loved how you incorporated so many of the L&C characters, and I enjoyed looking at a name and figuring out who it was. But my favorite simply must be Bobby Bigmouth as Lois's pet mouse; delightful!

I'm hooked and I'm ready for more. Since you've give a total number of parts in the title, can I assume that the story is completed and just needs to be posted? If so, I certainly hope you'll stick to an EoD schedule at the least. Though ED would certainly be appreciated. wink

More, please!

Kathy

Top Banana
Top Banana
Oooh! Sounds like fun! I too loved Bobby Bigmouth as a mouse--clever!!

Interesting how you are incorporating the characters. Nice set up so far!

Ready for more! hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I'll second Corrina:

Yeah!

hyper hyper hyper

You posted!

And my favourite character is also Bobby Bigmouth as the pet mouse! I thought that was very inspired and clever!

laugh

D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Corrina-- Hahah. Hurrah!

Iolanthe-- Glad you like the description! With Clarkent as a stableboy, there's a lot of horse stuff.

Kathy-- I'm glad you found it interesting even if it was a lot of setup. laugh Coming up with modified names really was a lot of fun for me--and I definitely snickered to myself the first time I typed "Robert Bigmouth." Hehehe. The story is indeed completed. It just needs a bit of polish here and there, so I do intend to attempt to post every other day, RL permitting!

Mozartmaid-- Glad you also loved the mouse! I figured it was an appropriate form for a snitch who "rats" out people. wink Hehehe.

DW-- Hahaha. Who knew a mouse Bobby Bigmouth could be so popular? laugh

------------------------------

Thanks for the feedback, folks!

Deja Vu

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oooh, new, long story clap The premise sounds interesting. That at first it would be a Soulmates adaption, given Lois's name here.

Even for someone as young as he had been, the Assigning wasn’t hard to forget about. When non-Noble males were seven and females nine, they were taken from their homes and Assigned to serve the king and Nobles as servants.
I think it's actually a quite sensible custom. This way, you get so many benefits from it, compared to the more commonly used servitude concepts.
In no particular order:
* With the child moving to the nobles household from until their grown-ups, the parents are free to produce more offspring, without having to worry about feeding all their children.
* The kids are put to work, instead of being indoctrinated by their parents to have a mind of their own or anything like that.
* The barbaric custom of 'Right of First Night' is obsolete. After all, any noble interested in one the maidenhood of one of his subjects, can just command her to his chamber while she serves at his court. This way, she then free to marry whom she loves without having the wedding night be taken by their lord and master.
Yes, all in all, its quite the wholesome approach.

Lois and Robert were fun. I certainly did not expect her to run away from the mouse, but their friendship was a surprise laugh

Looking forward to figuring out where you're taking us on this ride.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Michael-- I guess that's one way of looking at the Assigning, heh. I'm glad you found Lois and Robert to be fun--I'm pulling off a sort of Cinderella tradition with the whole mouse thing. laugh Thanks for the feedback!

Deja Vu

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard