Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#72887 07/24/10 06:30 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Preview of 35

When they'd gone, Ron looked at Clark. "Sit down," he offered.

Clark sat on the comfortably worn leather couch.

Ron perched at the other end. He folded his hands and contemplated them for a moment. "I've never had a daughter," he said, looking up. "So I'm new to this, but the first time Barb took me home to meet her parents, her father sat me down and asked me if my intentions towards his daughter were honourable." He laughed nervously. "I expect that is a bit out of fashion these days."

"I don't think caring about Lois's future is old-fashioned," Clark said. "And I know how much you and your wife mean to Lois." He smiled, trying to settle the slight flutters in his stomach. "So, if you were to ask, I would tell you that I love Lois with all of my heart and that my intentions towards her are entirely honourable. I want to spend my life making her happy, and I will never knowingly do anything that will hurt her."

Ron smiled with obvious relief. "I reckon I got my answer," he said.
Feedback goes here.

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Eeeeeeooooooh! Each chapter makes me more impatient for the next! Poor Perry is right in the middle and doesn't even know it! help

Loved the scene between Ron and Clark. When do we get more, more, and more???!!! Terrific stuff. hyper

EvelynC
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Excellent chapter, but quite sad as I'm sure nobody wants the separation (albeit temporarily) between Lois and Clark.

smile

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper hyper hyper
Clark shook his head. "No, honey," he said, even as hammers of regret bombarded his brain. "You deserve more than something that is squeezed between a late night and a busy day."

[...]

Those two words nearly undid him. He took a steadying breath. "Wednesday," he said. "I have the day off. I'll help you with whatever you're doing for 'Operation Payback' during the day, but I'd like to take you on a date in the evening. Somewhere really nice." He grinned. "Do you realise I've *never* seen you in a dress?"
Maybe it's just me but this sound like he's planning for Wednesday to end their suffering.

He slowly replaced the phone and squeezed the bridge of his nose. It was Tuesday morning. His flight was tomorrow afternoon.
And they won't get a chance to before things hit rotating blades. And it would have been so marvelously evil had they had a chance to become lovers before he learned of his impending early departure evil

"I don't think caring about Lois's future is old-fashioned," Clark said. "And I know how much you and your wife mean to Lois." He smiled, trying to settle the slight flutters in his stomach. "So, if you were to ask, I would tell you that I love Lois with all of my heart and that my intentions towards her are entirely honourable. I want to spend my life making her happy, and I will never knowingly do anything that will hurt her."
All true, but eventually, Lois will be dating Superman and not Clark for the foreseeable future. And if something where to happen, well, to the world, she would be a single mom without any known male association. evil

I am," Lois said. "I've been feeling it since we all met with Scotty on Thursday ... and the feeling was definitely there tonight. We haven't given up. We're still fighting. We're going to pay off our debts and build a sustainable membership ... and show them that they can't just take our club because it suits their vision for a balanced competition."

"Lois," Clark said. Then he stopped.

"What?"

"Perhaps you should have Milo instead of coffee."
rotflol

Did I ever mention something about fic-addiction?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh my. Great part even if we knew it was coming.
Yes, indeed. What everyone has said.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Top Banana
Top Banana
This was good but sad. When I think about the timing of Clark’s departure vs. the developing Lois and Clark relationship, I can’t help but think that in some ways you may be as evil as Mayson. (Just kidding. smile )

I enjoyed this chapter but over the past few parts I’ve become accustomed to the antics of the Queen of Evil (Mayson) and I miss her craziness a little. I want to know how she’s getting along with Lex.

I have to believe that together Mayson and Lex could be a formidable pair, but I’m certain that they would quickly decide that the other had to go. (My money is on Lex.)

Your preview is intriguing. I can’t help but be curious what exactly precipitated that particular talk. What has Lois said to Ron about Clark?

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Of course I am interested and I think you are doing a good job , but why didn't you listen to me and kill off Mason? wildguy Oh well, I will hang in there despite hating Mason. I do like their relationship though. More soon I hope.

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Laurach said:
Of course I am interested and I think you are doing a good job , but why didn't you listen to me and kill off Mason?
But don't we need a villain that we love to hate? clap

EvelynC
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Perry knows that he doesn't need to retire, but he can't say that to Alice. Clark knows that Mayson is behind Perry's retirement, but he can't say that to Perry, because Perry can't say that to Alice. And because Alice won't tolerate that Perry defies her, Clark is forced to leave Lois so that Alice won't leave Perry. frown

It's almost as if this is the story of Clark and Lois versus the Three Witches, where Mayson is of course the Main Witch who draws other women into her sphere of witchiness and make them back her up.

[Linked Image]

Looking forward to much more Lois and Clark interaction and some thrilling Hawthorn developments!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm not familiar with the Three Witches. Are they the witches from Shakespeare's "MacBeth"?

I like the picture, though.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm not familiar with the Three Witches. Are they the witches from Shakespeare's "MacBeth"?
Yes, they are.

Ann

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard