Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#72792 07/19/10 05:01 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
If I remember correctly, Clark only walked on one wall at the Apollo. I don't remember him doing a full Fred Astaire 360. As for Brutal Youth, that was a much simpler shot. Per my comments above, I would have been more impressed if the sheets were dangling.
I know they built a full rotating set for the pilot. I thought he stood right by the light bulb in the ceiling. Someday, I'll check it, but I'm too busy right now.
Yes, it was weird the sheets weren't dangling in Brutal Youth. In another ep where Dean "walked" on the ceiling, his tie dangled over his head, down to the ground. They actually tied his legs and dangled him up there.
Anyway, great story.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#72793 07/19/10 05:42 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hi Bob,
Please don't worry any further on this:
I meant my avatar comment only in jest. Please don't think I have any problem with us having the same avatar. (I tend to agree that it demonstrates that we have excellent taste.) I have considered changing mine a few times but I haven't found one I like more. So please don't change yours based on my attempt at humor. Besides, based on our registration dates, you've been a member more than a year longer than I have.
We are on the same page twins regarding not having a problem sharing the same avatar, but I did want to make sure you were just joking as I wasn't quite sure, and wow - I guess time flies (as in when I registered) when one is busy reading wonderful stories and awaiting next installments on such irresistible yarns!

Also, I re-viewed the Pilot to see Clark's "walk" at the Apollo. After he had floated up and tightened the offending light bulb, he laid restlessly on the bed, then got up and then he did just walk up the wall, then stood there with his head near the light and tapped it, as his feet were at the uppermost edge of the wall by the ceiling, stayed there a few seconds, then walked back down the way he had gone up. I also thought sure he had walked all the way around, but was wrong. eek

EvelynC
#72794 07/20/10 08:25 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Hi Bob,

You packed so many lovely moments into that part - and managed to get their relationship sorted, and the revelation done, too. Wow!

I loved Clark's POV - you led us through his range of emotions with wonderful detail, and it was perfectly in character.

Great fic,

Corrina.

#72795 07/23/10 10:15 AM
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
EvelynC:
You said:
Also, I re-viewed the Pilot to see Clark's "walk" at the Apollo. After he had floated up and tightened the offending light bulb, he laid restlessly on the bed, then got up and then he did just walk up the wall, then stood there with his head near the light and tapped it, as his feet were at the uppermost edge of the wall by the ceiling, stayed there a few seconds, then walked back down the way he had gone up.
That's how I remembered it. I wonder if a full 360 degree version ended up on the cutting room floor.

Corrina:
Thanks for the note. I'm glad you thought it worked. Once I decided to do this in two scenes, I couldn't resist going with a fixed POV for each section. It did limit what we get to see but it felt like the right way to approach the story.

Bob

#72796 07/23/10 06:05 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi Bob,

Back from Yellowstone and glad to see this up. It turned out great. I think you should keep eating as much sugar as you like. wink

-Happy

This *is* my happily ever after.
#72797 07/27/10 07:29 PM
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi Michelle,

Did you enjoy Yellowstone? It is one of my favorite places to visit.

I'm sure you noticed the changes since your beta version. As it was added primarily at your suggestion, I considered dedicating the kiss at the end to you. I'm afraid that I can only dedicate a kiss to Beverly. However, I do thank you for the prodding. smile

Thanks for the note.

Bob

#72798 07/28/10 04:53 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
...I considered dedicating the kiss at the end to you. I'm afraid that I can only dedicate a kiss to Beverly.
Aww! That's sweet! And it's what we chicks like to hear.

#72799 07/28/10 05:50 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow I just loved this ! Loved how you dealt with Lois figuring out the secret. Very realistic and well done!!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
#72800 07/29/10 05:50 PM
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Iolanthe: You said:
I considered dedicating the kiss at the end to you. I'm afraid that I can only dedicate a kiss to Beverly.
Aww! That's sweet! And it's what we chicks like to hear.
blush blush blush

bellarata: You said:
Wow I just loved this ! Loved how you dealt with Lois figuring out the secret. Very realistic and well done!!
Seriously, thank you SO much. If you look at my comments above, you can see that I have been fearful that this didn't work as well as I hoped. I'm really glad you enjoyed the story.

Bob

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard