Next Thread
Print Thread
#72297 06/18/10 11:43 AM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
An excellent read (as was part 3). But I do hope that the two will be getting back together by the end of the story -- perhaps if Lois does make it to the award ceremony after all, that might be a first step? Or perhaps I should say the second step or third step -- They've taken the first step or two already: They were able to hold a civil conversation and were even able to laugh together by the end of this part; that's something. Of course, those could also just be steps toward re-establishing a platonic friendship.

Joy,
Lynn

#72298 06/18/10 05:12 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Well done. Nice the way you are letting time provide both with perspective.

Framework4
#72299 06/18/10 05:23 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
UGH!!! This story tugs at my heart waaayyy too much. I can imagine this is what the show would have turned out to be if Deb Joy Levine got her way with L&C never getting together. So close, yet not close enough.

So much angst! Please tell me there's waff somewhere in this story? Waff? Please?? I am developing a love-hate relationship with this story so obviously I am going to continue reading in hopes that the love wins out.

Keep it comin' Squid!

"We're both barefoot, both flushed, and we both look guilty as hell. Clark has finger-combed his hair but I'm positive mine looks like I was just f… fished out of the river."

<3 this fic!
'The Next Step' By Sue S.

#72300 06/18/10 08:27 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Great part. I love how Lois has gotten over her fury and her sense of being betrayed. I really like the way Patrick put it - you have allowed time to provide both with perspective. Lois is no longer angry at Clark for breaking up with her, and Clark is not angry at Lois for breaking up with him for breaking up with her. I love that both are proud of each other. I love that they are friends, because they really are - there is no way they would be so happy about sharing an award unless they were really friends. So yes, they are friends, happy and proud friends, but they are also sad and melancholy.

Of course they need to be more than friends. And of course they wish that they could have their old relationship back, only better. And I think they will be overwhelmed by their need to be together, because this is a Squidfic. Let me put it like this, Squid - you have written some fantastic fics where Lois and Clark have suddenly become overwhelmed by their need to be together! wink blush

Ann

#72301 06/19/10 01:08 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm not a good A-plot writer. I won't say much more than that, but rest assured, Lois will not be a sex-slave!
Whew! /wipes brow/ I can see that now after part 4. And I do remember lots of plot in Galaxies. And the almost sex-slave thing. help

The island with the memoirs sure sounds like more could happen. But that's five years from now. Unless they end up there sooner. And we get 5 sooner help

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#72302 06/20/10 03:31 AM
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Excellent, however I also would like for them to get together before the 5 years - is that at all a possiblity in this fic? And I would also like some waff, please? (with cherries and chocolate sauce?)

And can we get part 5 soon?

#72303 06/20/10 03:51 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You're keeping them apart for so long. That's probably the way it should have been in the show. They were apart for what, two episodes?

Your fic shows them apart longer but the emotional payoff will be greater, too.

#72304 06/23/10 01:40 PM
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
I love this story. I am glad they are reestablishing their friendship.

Looking forward to the next part, hopefully soon.

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com

robinson
#72305 06/25/10 07:27 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Not wanting to be a bother but---WHERE is the next chapter?? I am checking here everyday, waiting for it! You can't get us hooked then leave us hanging! Please post!!! smile1

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard