Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#72251 06/15/10 07:53 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Preview of 23

Clark couldn't even begin to imagine how confused she must feel. "Lois," he said. He turned slightly, and his legs came very close to hers. She retreated further into the couch, snatched a cushion, and hugged it against her stomach as she raised her knees in front of her.

She looked like she was defending herself against him. He understood that, too. He didn't deserve her trust.

"Lois," he said, trying to gather his thoughts as he frantically wondered if any of his numerous rehearsals were going to help him through this. Somehow, he didn't think they would be of any use at all. "Would you like to ask your questions, or would you like me to just tell you everything?"

Her eyes slowly rose from her cup and met his. "If I ask, will you answer me honestly?" Lois asked. "Will you tell me whatever it is you've been hiding?"

Clark nodded, his eyes steady in hers. "Yes," he said. "I will tell you everything."
I told you I would fix it quickly. wink

Thanks,

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow! Lots of emotion in a few sentences. The mind's eye sees Lois hugging that pillow for dear life!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The unfortunate drawback of men with sufficient insight to perceive a situation accurately was that they occasionally entertained the delusion that their opinions were valid.
thumbsup

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Yeah, you posted again soon smile1 And I completely agree with Artemis - you are evil evil

Trask certainly is delusional - thinking that the green rock gave Superman powers - brilliant!

So, how will Lois find Clark? I know he dropped his watch, but to know or discover that he will have been captured by Esmeralda?

Anxiously waiting for the next part and Clark answering all of Lois' questions smile

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I tend to be lazy and not leave feedback, but for this I just had to come out of my comfortable lurking corner...

Like the others I totally loved Trask having it backwards. It made me laugh in a situation that was otherwise pretty dire.

You had me on the edge of my seat and I practically cursed at the end when Esmeralda caught poor completely exhausted Clark.

Your preview hase calmed my fears for his future with Lois and I await said part eagerly.

In short, thanks for this wonderfully original story and sorry for not leaving regular feedback. But I'll be reading!

Sira

Top Banana
Top Banana
Personally I think it would serve Esmeralda right if Clark is more than just exhausted and actually pukes on her. It that doesn't turn her off then she's completely off the deep end.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
laugh

"Clarkie," she said. "You've finally realised that you want what only Ezzie can give you. Come with me, Snookums."
What the...? What's the matter with her. Besides her being a tramp. A skank. Slut. Homewrecker. /shudders/

Clark lifted his free hand to the arm that had been captured by Esmeralda and managed to undo his watchband. As she shuffled him past Lois's door, he let his arm swing free and heard his watch clatter onto the concrete.
And when Lois comes home, she finds the watch, hears noises, comes knocking, kicks in the door, finds Clark tied up to all for bedposts notworthy

Michael

PS: Continuation from last part's FDK
[Linked Image]

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
YOu know what? After the angst of the last two parts, I think we deserve part 23 asap... please? blush

That preview was certainly promising but... it just doesn't make up for the rest! wildguy

Cris
Top Banana
Top Banana
I love that Trask was insane and in his insanity he’s gotten the idea that Kryptonite is the source of Superman’s powers. I’ve never heard of that before and don’t think I’d have ever thought of it. Well done!!

I was convinced that Mayson was secretly working with Trask. For some reason I expected that all along.

Finally, as for Esmeralda. I’m sure you wouldn’t do anything so mean as to create even more friction based on Lois thinking Clark was with Esmeralda. Therefore I’m sure that what happened was:

1. Esmeralda knew that Lois was worried about Clark.
2. Esmeralda saw Lois leave.
3. When Clark arrived she saw that he was in a state of distress.
4. She took him in so that he wouldn’t have to wait outside of Lois’s door.
5. She will call Lois immediately and tell her that he showed up hurt and she should hurry back to get him.

See? All perfectly proper. smile1

Bob

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm so bone-tired that I'm not much good at leaving any sort of FDK, but I have to tell you how much I loved this!

Since I am so tired, however, I'm going to ask you to read Michael's FDK and imagine that I was sitting right behind him when he wrote it, murmuring "mmm-hmmm", "yes," "I'll say" and so on. (Like I was a nutty old teacher showing off my most brilliant pupil and letting him speak for me - sorry, Michael!!! I'm joking!! Really!!! thumbsup

I also heartily second Dandello's post! What she said, Corrina!

So let me add a little bit of my own, too. I loved, loved, loved that Clark regained some of his strength by concentrating on Lois. I adore the fact that he was able to do that. So it's not canon, but so what? Superman is completely impossible anyway, so why not give him one more superpower, the ability to be powered by his own super-romantic super-love for his soulmate, his one and only love, Lois Lane! sloppy sloppy sloppy

Ann

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Another excellent chapter! The way you got Clark out of his encounter with Trask was ingenious, and then to have him get all the way back to Lois's unit to have 'Ezzie' snag him! What a twist! I had to laugh at 'snookums' - now when I think of Esmeralda all I can visualise in my head is Dame Edna Everage! LOL

Can't wait for the next chapter to see how Lois rescues Clark from the clutches of Ezzie.

Elizabeth

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great plot twist about Trask's failure to understand the power of the green rock. I was so happy that you ended the "Trask has kryptonite" angst, only to be attacked with the "Esmeralda is trying to get her hooks into Clark and, even though he's innocent, Lois will be hurt" angst.

I did, however, love the fact that Lois managed to figure out his secret on her own before Clark does something stupid like pretending to be dead.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the next chapter goes.

"Women frustrate men because they're too complicated. Men frustrate women because they're not complicated enough."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ok seriously:

He makes it all the way from America to be captured by Esmeralda!!!!!
This isn't fixing it. goofy

wildguy wildguy

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Morgana Hi, thanks for commenting. I think any time that Lois and Clark broach this subject, it's going to raise a lot of emotions.

Artemis First, sorry for the delay in posting this part. I got interrupted by a 'Hey, Mum, Can you ....'

What genius in plotting!
Phew! Thank you. I tried to cover all the holes (and relied heavily on Trask being deranged), but I was still nervous posting it.

DW

Anxiously waiting for the next part and Clark answering all of Lois' questions
The problem is that when I post 23, all that's going to do is make you want 24!

Thanks for your FDK.

Sira Hi, thanks for letting me know you're reading.

Like the others I totally loved Trask having it backwards.
This is a Down Under fic - I figured it was the perfect place to reverse a few things (like Dan being on the park bench professing his love for Lois ... and there's a few more to come.)

Dandello Uhmm - I hadn't thought of him puking over her. However, Esmeralda will be put in her place (*not* next to Clark).

Thanks.

Michael

That pic is soooooooooo clap

And when Lois comes home, she finds the watch, hears noises, comes knocking, kicks in the door, finds Clark tied up to all for bedposts
Score - 4.5/6 cool

Sarah I assume that's aimed at Esmeralda, not Trask? wink

Cristina

YOu know what? After the angst of the last two parts, I think we deserve part 23 asap
You're probably right - but I didn't draw out the angst for multiple parts as many seemed to think I would wildguy wink wink

Thanks, Cristina.

Bob Re Trask - thank you. I tried to make his thought patterns logical - in a crazed way.

Esmeralda - it's not really friction I'm after ...

Thanks, Bob.

Ann Thanks for reading and FDKing even though you're tired.

It might not be exactly canon that Lois can inspire Clark to super-powered deeds, but it was close enough. And, like you, I enjoyed the idea.

Elizabeth Dame Edna Everage laugh

Now, if Esmeralda were Dame Edna Everage, wouldn't Clark be in for a shock!!!! eek eek

(For anyone not aware, Dame Edna Everage is the creation of Australian comedian, Barry Humphries, so under Edna's flowery dresses is ... well ... a male body)

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Barry+Humphries

Thanks, Elizabeth.

QoA Thanks. I can't reply without giving too much away. Except for ... the future angst you refer to will be addressed very early in the next part.

Shadow

This isn't fixing it.
That depends on whether you consider Esmeralda to be more dangerous than Trask + green rock!!!!

Thanks.

Corrina.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Love this story to pieces, its unlike anything I've read, very original.
Great story Female Hawk, I'm dying here, plz post 23 and 24 now or else I'm coming for you.

ExCelLent stoRy

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
whinging Talk about a rude awakening in the morning whinging

Michael blush

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Seme
Thanks. 23, 24 and 25 are all posted. smile

Michael There's a new part posted now, Michael. wink

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard