Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#7214 10/18/03 11:17 AM
BarbP Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hope you like this one. Here's a challenge -- I'm sure some of you found words I didn't use. Let's see some of them.

Thanks for all the support and input.

Barb.

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Nice little story, Barb. Bravo! clap clap

Loved Clark's idea smile

How about a sequel? I'd love to see what's coming up next!

And as for your challenge (well, it's 1.45 am here, but I couldn't resist - I love this game):

For the first set: sense, loop, net, pot, stone, spy, ten, nest, envy, son, pose, tune, pen, tool, ton...

For the second set: care, American (is it allowed?), nap, clerk, pearl, lame, rank, pen, make, sun, real, seal, leap, man, name, crap, leak, lake, lick, claim, sail, rare, sure, can, mark, cape, use, puma, ruin, male, mail, mile, are, lurk, sane...

What do I win? <g>

AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Merriwether
Merriwether
Very cute, Barb ... a neat twist on the episode and the revelation!

Though Anna's comment brings up a point -- maybe you need to explain the rules in the story? (That the letters all need to be touching and used in order to count.) I assumed everyone would know the game, but there might be different rules in different countries. smile

Fun story. smile

Kathy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That was just adorable. But I want to know what her reaction to the news and the kiss at the same time was. (and should that be in the nfic section)<g> What a good idea! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
B
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
B
Barb, that was such a cute revelation!!!! I love that he cheated to get the letters, and how she figures it out and how calm he is. "It boggles the mind, doesn't it?" LOL!

I'd say it doesn't need a sequel, unless of course you want to write one -- this stands alone very well as it is.

Bethy

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great story. thumbsup

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I've never heard of this game, but it didn't get in the way of the story for me. I had all the information necessary to figure out the gist of it.

This was lovely, Barb - very cute!

“You mean love, and you. I saw them, Lois,” he said and smiled at her.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

And LOL on the revelation - very sweet!

clap

What a perfect start to a lazy Sunday morning.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
This was very funny, Barb. And a very clever revelation. smile Love the last line!

So we get more SP soon? wildguy

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Blogger
Blogger
Hi all,

I had never heard of the game Boggle (not sure if that's because of my country or me wink ), before I read this cute story. Barb gave me this link. You can find the rules and an example there!

Thanks for writing this, I love it smile

Anne dance

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Barb

This is wonderful. smile1

Here in Australia we play the game differently. The letters do not have to be touching or used in order. You can use any combination of the letters displayed to make a word.

Tricia cool

BarbP Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Awwwwww

Thanks everyone.

This was a fun one to do, and I'm so glad you liked it. Yes, Sas -- between you and Anne (Laswa) nagging, I guess I have to get back to my SP world.

Unless, of course, I can think of another diversion <g>.

Barb.

Kerth
Kerth
Cute and lovely, Barb blush

Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
LOL! laugh "It boggles the mind". This was a sweet little vignette, Barb, and a very cute revelation.

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Here in Australia we play the game differently. The letters do not have to be touching or used in order. You can use any combination of the letters displayed to make a word.
I thought these were the rules blush

Here in Greece we actually have to make a crossword using the cubes. But it's not a very popular game anyway.

AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
BarbP Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Again, I'd like to thank everyone for the nice comments here and on the list.

Apparently, there are many ways to play the game in different parts of the world -- but that's what makes this group so much fun -- we learn so many new and interesting things. And, I guess what we learn more than anything else, is that diversity is a wonderful thing to value and to celebrate.

Barb.

Merriwether
Merriwether
There are apparently multiple ways to play it here, too! wink

I play it just how the link says. Likely because they're the same rules as the box has. laugh

But Lois and Clark played it differently. And a friend of mine confirms having played it as they do.

Maybe because that makes more sense with two or three players? But when you have a whole bunch or players, the other way works better?

Anyway, Boggle rules aside, this was a fun and clever little fic. Thanks, Barb! smile

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Features Writer
Features Writer
Barb
cute story
merry

Top Banana
Top Banana
What a great story! I'm still smiling.

Loved the "It Boggles the mind" comment from Clark. And yeah - he made the move.

Really lovely little thing. I enjoyed it so much.
smile smile smile
Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh wow! What a wonderful, funny, little piece! I almost whooped out loud at the end, but could contain it in time. laugh Doesn't come so good if you're sitting in a public computer room.

This story simply made my day!
notworthy

Sira - thouroughly impressed

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard