Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#72027 06/06/10 02:26 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Preview of 19

"OK." Clark's head turned towards her, and her breath snagged again. "It's what I've always wanted ... to be married and raise a family."

Opposing floods of panic and relief clashed ferociously somewhere deep in her stomach. Clark wanted to get married! And he'd asked her for a date!

"Lois?" he said.

"Yes?"

"Don't you have a response?"

"That ... ah ... surprises me."

"What does?"

"That you want to get married. And that you aren't married yet. I can't imagine you would find it difficult to get dates."

"I don't want to get married," he clarified. "I want to marry the right girl."

"Do you think you will know when you find her?"

"I'm sure of it."

Lois determinedly pushed away any and all possible conclusions from his statement. She grinned casually and slipped him a sideways glance. "Oohh ... very confident, Mr Kent," she said. "Now, all you have to do is take that confidence onto the footy field, and we should win by ten goals."
FDK goes here.

Thanks.

Corrina.

M
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
M
Great story! hyper hyper hyper When is the next part coming?

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
this story is awesome.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"I love him," Lois said, and Clark's world crashed around his feet. "But only as a friend, not ... romantically."

The fragments of Clark's world magically reconnected. "Do you think that will ever change?"
I like your visuals as you write. Great part. More soon!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yippee!! Lunkhead Clark finally takes a chance! OK, so Lois turned him down, but he didn't give up! Plus, she told him the reasons for her fear in great detail. Even better, neither one of them has run away...they're still good friends! I'm loving this. Great progress in this chapter.

Oh, I just had to tell you. Late night American TV actually has an Aussie Rules highlight show. What game did it feature (among others)? Your Hawks destroying Carlton! I really must like this story if I'm watching footy highlights at one in the morning. Keep up the good work!

"Women frustrate men because they're too complicated. Men frustrate women because they're not complicated enough."
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Another splendid chapter!

I loved Clark and Lois skating together. It was almost like Clark was telling her, "What we did before wasn't dancing... this is dancing." In other words, going skating with Lois may have been the next best thing after flying with her (or at least the third best thing after dancing and flying with her)!

I just love your way of writing dialogue, and how you manage to make the words Lois and Clark say to each other convey so much meaning:

"So on my first day, you knew exactly what I was facing?"

"Sort of," Lois said. "I had no idea what you'd want, so all I could do was tell you what I wished someone had told me when I first arrived. Of course, it was possible that you didn't mind being different - perhaps you even liked it, but I tried to give you the choice to blend in if that made you more comfortable."

"I can't imagine a nicer welcome," he said.
There are several ways to read Clark's reply, but they all mean, "I have loved being with you, Lois".

I loved their discussion about the date and a possible relationship. The talk was complex and touched on many aspects, but it was never hostile. Lois really wanted to be understood. I loved how she explained her bad luck with men. I really felt sorry for Dan Scardino, and for the record, I always rather liked that guy.

As for Claude, we were never told his last name in the show, and I think you came up with the best ever:

Claude Cooper-Hyde
Cooper! As in "trying hard to look like Gary Cooper, Super-duper"!

Puttin\' on the Ritz

And Mr Hyde...need I say more?

[Linked Image]

Claude Cooper and Mr. Hyde?

I'm very happy that Clark told Lois that nothing happened between him and Esmeralda, and I'm glad he told her, more or less, about Mayson. I love how you build their conversation so carefully and give them the chance to discover each other's motives and backstories. Of course, I'm so impatient for him to tell her his secret. But I'm always impatient for him to tell her his secret.

I absolutely loved this:

"Just answer me this," she said. "Why would a man like you want to be with a journo from Melbourne with nothing in her head beyond football?"

"Because of who you are. Because of your loyalty, and your integrity, and your determination, and your incredible strength, and because you are honest and open. And because you care so deeply about people - like you cared for the people who love Fitzroy."

His words had brought a pink velvety colour to her cheeks. Clark wanted to lean over and drop a kiss on the softness of her warm skin.
It was completely adorable. *happy sigh*

Again, what a splendid fic this is, Corrina!

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
You are such a tease Female Hawk, just post part 19 already!(smiling)

You are such a great writer, the dialogue between Lois and Clark was so realistic, I practically saw the scene play out infront of me.

GREAT Job!!!
Plz post 19 nowww!!!

Have a great day

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Qeeen of Aces wrote:

Late night American TV actually has an Aussie Rules highlight show. What game did it feature (among others)? Your Hawks destroying Carlton!
Corrina, I'm so dense! I finally get it! You call yourself Female Hawk because you are a footy fan, and you barrack for the Hawks!!!

And you have named Lois's footy team the Hawthorns, in honour of the Hawks. Aaawwwwwww. I thought that "Hawthorns" sounded a bit sweet for a name of a macho footy team! laugh

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The hawthorn is in full bloom here in Sweden, after a miserable winter and a not much better spring. Today it's pouring down, but I was out cycling anyway, looking at the delightful hawthorn!

[img]http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/53...DDCC8C0A19A3CEE476841C278311D4CE3AE77CED[/img]

Who'd'a thunk that this beefcake of a bloke is really a flowerboy at heart? laugh

Ann

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
It's almost midnight, so I don't have the time to properly answer the feedback but I wanted to clear up this.

Ann said

And you have named Lois's footy team the Hawthorns, in honour of the Hawks. Aaawwwwwww. I thought that "Hawthorns" sounded a bit sweet for a name of a macho footy team!
Hawthorn is a suburb of Melbourne. All of the Melbourne football clubs are named after suburbs.

(I think in other countries, sports teams are named after the city or the state ... here, because there were eleven teams in one city, they are named after the suburbs.)

So, the Hawthorn may be a shrub, but that's not why the club is called Hawthorn.

The information in the fic about Hawthorn is all from RL - games, results, players, home ground (even the sausages!)

And yes, I'm Female Hawk because of my passion for my club (and Lois was Female Hawk in the Smiley episode laugh .)

Thanks to everyone for the lovely FDK.

I'll get to the replies tomorrow.

Corrina.

Ann - I can't see the final pic huh but I'm now really wondering who you showed there.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Glad you cleared that up Corinna. I saw Hawthorn play Carlton in a footy game here on American TV. I only lasted through the first quarter, but Hawthorn was wiping the floor with Carlton. And I saw your brown and gold cheer squad. I thought, "wow I know somebody in that crowd!"
Great story. Looking forward to more.
smile1
Artemis
footy alert

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois shrugged. "Decide what you want, consider all the ramifications, and, if it still seems good, go for it," she said nonchalantly.
Something she can use to determine Clark's worthiness as a potential mate laugh

"No worries," Lois said casually. "I think I'm either going to have to stay anchored to the railing or hold your hand. Do you mind?"

Clark only just managed to contain his snort. *Mind*? He took her hand and helped her onto the ice.
Certainly never expected the ice-rink. And I hope Lois is going to be able to get her hand back laugh

"You're welcome," Lois said. Then she burst into a grin. "See? I remember how to speak American."

"Can you still do an American accent?"

"Hi, there," Lois drawled. "Howdy. Welcome to Melborn. How're your folks?"

Clark laughed. "You still have it," he said.

"Yeah," Lois said. "I tried so hard to fit in here, and my accent set me apart so ... it had to go. But anything Australian annoys my mom, so whenever I see her, I'm an all-American girl again."
Don't know, but the whole accent-juggling sounds cute blush

"Sort of," Lois said. "I had no idea what you'd want, so all I could do was tell you what I wished someone had told me when I first arrived. Of course, it was possible that you didn't mind being different - perhaps you even liked it, but I tried to give you the choice to blend in if that made you more comfortable."
Good thing Lois learned to barrack way before highschool. Otherwise, proclaiming that she rooted for Hawthorn sure would have made her 'popular'. *SCNR* blush

They are probably falling all over themselves to get to you."

"It doesn't matter how many there are if I don't want them."

"So there have been a lot?" she questioned. "Hundreds of women?"

"Not hundreds, no," Clark said quickly. "Not even tens. Just a couple ... and no one like you."
At least as far as he knows. The other women just managed to not crash into walls, trees, lampposts, etc, until he was already around the corner.

Clark felt his mouth drop. "Excuse me?" he said.

"You're too good-looking."
Now there's a fault.

Clark shrugged and almost smiled. "One day, I'd had enough of being hunted, and I was extremely direct."
Let me guess...
"No, Mayson. Please. I... Can I take a rain check." - "What? No, no, it's just, this book I have to return right now..."

"That's the problem," she cut in. "I *do* love him ... but as a friend ... a brother even. I will always love him ... but
I was already engaged to Larry.
peep

She hadn't agreed to go on a date with him. But she hadn't said 'no' when he'd asked her to think about it.

He had a chance.

*They* had a chance.
Hmm... spider

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Yeah, a new part!

That was great, except for maybe the part where Lois didn't exactly say yes to the date wink But that's forgiven since lois shared some of her history/disasters with men and explained to Clark why.

Eagerly waiting for 19 (and also the rest of the story) hyper

Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
I'm a horrible FDKer... but I'm reading!!! And having a lot of fun with your story. Keep checking out the MBs every single day just to say if you've magically changed your mind and decided to start posting every day laugh (could settle for EOD :p )

And since I've finally made myself post... when are we getting Lois's answer?!?! I somehow think it might help her decide if Clark came clean about his secret...

Keep it coming! Please!!!! notworthy

Cris
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Meadowrose Thank you! Next part is posted.

Sarah Glad you're enjoying it. Thanks.

Artemis Clark couldn't lose Lois to Dan! Thanks.

And I saw your brown and gold cheer squad. I thought, "wow I know somebody in that crowd!"
Yep, third row of the cheer squad, either extreme left or extreme right.

QoA

Lunkhead Clark finally takes a chance!
He's only known Lois for three weeks. Compared with canon, he's moving at Superman pace!

Your Hawks destroying Carlton!
Good game to pick - we haven't destroyed too many teams this year.

Ann Claude Cooper-Hyde. I wanted something that sounded uppity ... and the Hyde bit tied in with him hiding his true motives from Lois.

The photos of the Hawthorn flowers are lovely, Ann.

Thanks for all of your comments. We will get to the secret, I promise. smile

Seme

I practically saw the scene play out infront of me.
Thank you!

Part 19 is posted.

Michael;

Something she can use to determine Clark's worthiness as a potential mate
Exactly!

Thanks, Michael.

DW She will say yes. smile

Thanks.

Cristina Thanks for taking the time to leave FDK. It's always wonderful to hear that people are reading and enjoying.

Once the fic is written, I'll think about EOD. I'm currently working on 28.

Thanks everyone,

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard