Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
sunrei Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Yep, believe it or not, it looks like this will all come to an end in three more chapters!

That said, what do you all think of this one?
~s

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
“This is Jonathan Jonnz for LNN Newsline Reports. Good evening.”
Well, if the Martian Manhunter can't find her, no one can!

Clark's reaction was not surprising to me. Nor was Lois' reaction. But I am puzzled as to where she is now. I suspect that Chloe knows, but there's no way she's going to spill the beans.

I'm glad Lois and Chloe did the song, although it wasn't clear to me until later that they started out playing together. It's too bad that Lois cut short her concert, though. I think the crowd would have loved the Roscoe song.

I like the way you're working in different secondary characters in this alternate beginning. Loved the Wanda Detroit reveal! And I even like this Chloe (surprising to me since I actively dislike the 'Smallville' series). My only complaint is that you have given us only tiny glimpses of Ellen 'Ella' Lane. I'd like for Clark to take some time to dig up some old records of hers and play them. Maybe then he might realize what Lois had to go through as a child losing her mother. And I want Sam to talk to Lois about Ellen, too. Let him share some of his best memories with his daughter. I think it would help her come to terms with her musical legacy.

Glad you're back with this! Hope the rest is as top-notch as the last two parts. Maybe that forced layoff let the story simmer and mature in your mind. At any rate, it's excellent and I want the next chapter very soon. Please? Please with major ninth arpeggios on top?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
So glad you're back with more! This is a fabulous alternate universe, and I cannot wait to find out what happens!

smile Amber

T
Blogger
Blogger
T
I've really loved the last posts! Thank you so much for bringing this one back to us.

I absolutely concur with suggestion to have Clark dig out some Ella Lane albums. He could listen to them with Martha and hear her memories too.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Terry beat me to it....

“This is Jonathan Jonnz for LNN Newsline Reports. Good evening.”
[Linked Image]

J'onn J'onzz, the Martian Manhunter! I love it!!!

I completely loved this, too:

I may not be a maven in the music business like Bobby Big Mouth
Bobby Bigmouth as a maven in the music business! Isn't it lovely that Bobby Bigmouth always seems ot be an expert in fields that are related to Lois Lane? clap

Fantastic fic. Clark outs Lois the first chance he gets. What a twist! Fans have worried for so long that Lois would out Superman - hey, I remember a Lois Lane comic from the sixties where Lois found out about Superman's secret identity and then inadvertently revealed it by talking in her sleep - and then in your fic Clark outs Lois. I have to wonder if that has ever been done before. Interestingly, by outing Lois, Clark sort-of-outed himself, too - at least he attracted a lot of unwanted attention and turned himself into a household name by doing what he did. It will surely be harder for him to "hide in plain sight" as Superman after he pulled that little stunt with Lois.

I loved this, too:

“Clark, you have an irrational need to control things—selfishly. I hate to say it, but I think your father and I helped to make you feel that way, with the way we kept you sheltered and… hidden.”
Wow! What an insight on Martha's part! Yes, imagine growing up and being told that you had better watch out or people will dissect you like a frog. No wonder Clark would grow up needing to control everything. No wonder, too, that he would get quite self-centered and only think about his own an dhis family's safety. Other people's needs and wishes would have to take a back seat to this scared boy's needs.

Indeed, Clark needs to get out in the world. Martha was so right to send him off to college. As for what will happen to Clark and Lois, I wonder if you will really have time to fix things between them in only three more parts. Perhaps they are not meant to be together ever after in this particular fic?

Very much looking forward to how you will resolve this!

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sonia wave

At first, I wondered if Lois fled back to Smallville. But apparently, no. Wonder where she really is. Probably not going to meet Clark in college.

And just three more parts mecry

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Poor Clark! I'd say he's definitely punishing himself enough.

It's great that things won't be too bad for Lois if she returns to the music business...but that doesn't seem to be what she intends. I haveta wonder if she's wanting to take journalism classes herself. laugh

Great chapter. I love how you handled Martha.

I'll be sad that it's going to end soon, though. *sniff*

sunrei Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks!

And I even like this Chloe (surprising to me since I actively dislike the 'Smallville' series).
Believe me. I try to make Chloe likable for my own sanity bc I don't like her on the show. It's been fun sticking characters in here and there. Some of them just get a mention while others get to play. 'Tis the nature of secondary characters I guess.

This is a fabulous alternate universe, and I cannot wait to find out what happens!
Well, in that case, stay tuned...

Thank you so much for bringing this one back to us.
Thanks for having me back wink

I wonder if you will really have time to fix things between them in only three more parts. Perhaps they are not meant to be together ever after in this particular fic?
Hmmm. Good question. I don't know...

Wonder where she really is. Probably not going to meet Clark in college.
Probably not.

Poor Clark! I'd say he's definitely punishing himself enough.
Would we say the same had it been Lois who outed Superman? Just wondering wink

Okay folks, next chapter comin' up. Thanks again for the comments.
~sonia

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard