Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#71959 06/03/10 06:17 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
A huge thank you to my BRs - Iolanthe, Deja Vu, and Lynn who speedily looked at a last-minute change to this chapter. You guys are great clap

Preview of Part 17 ...

She stared at him, her eyes still damp.

"What?" he asked.

"You understand, don't you?" she said in a tone of wonder.

"Understand what?"

"You understand about needing to belong somewhere," Lois said. "About how whether it's a family or a football club or anything else, we all need to belong somewhere."

"Yes," Clark said gravely. "I understand."

She smiled. "I didn't think you would."

"Why?"

"Because you have a family - you didn't have to find one for yourself. You're not different. Or alone."
FDK goes here.

Thanks,

Corrina.

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
i need the next part, like NEEED it NOW!!!!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I NEEEED the next part too, like NOW... LOL... we didn't get enough Lois/Clark interaction to last us through the weekend - and it's a LOOOONG weekend here in NZ (Queen's Birthday Weekend - holiday on Monday).

Pretty please!? LOL

thumbsup
Elizabeth

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
...and with that teaser - you tease, you! - I'm just hanging out for the next part.

hyper

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
It was because of this ...

we didn't get enough Lois/Clark interaction
that you got this ...

...and with that teaser
laugh laugh laugh

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
LOL, you sure know how to keep us in suspense!

Great story! It is playing out nicely.

Cheers
Elizabeth

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You're not different. Or alone.
Exactly. After all, he's just a Kryptonian in America. Lois, on the other hand, is an American in Oz. Plus, he's got an instant wife, so x-nay on the being alone, too.

The whole part through, I kept expecting... something. Like Lois showing up or being there when he get's back to his unit.

Bluey laughed. "Not in a million years," he said. "Browny's not stupid enough to let Flinders do a Hawthorn game. Particularly not against his beloved Blues. That would be guaranteed anarchy." He grinned. "It'd be fun to watch, though."
Now, there's a thought. If just for the outtakes/bloopers reel at the end of the story laugh

Lois shook her head. Men were unfathomable.
Maybe she should simply push him on his back, sit on top of him, and stay there until he explains himself laugh

He smiled his boyishly endearing smile - the smile Lois knew he kept as insurance for when he felt he was about to say something that could get him into trouble. "It's just that the whole Claude thing ... Lois, I *never* want to see you get that hurt again."
/growls/ Claude? Who's he? The french star footy player import who broke Lois's heart and then every Hawthorn rule before they fed him to the crocs?

"Yeah," Gazza agreed. "Flinders doesn't even say anything; she just looks at you with that smarmy smile and that haughty expression as if she knew all along that the Hawks would win."
laugh

"Not that it'll be a problem for you," Gazza said. "Seeing as you decided to barrack for Hawthorn." His tone held deep regret mixed with a heavy dose of reproach.

Clark decided any response was likely to do him no good, so instead he picked up his glass and drank from his beer.
while trying out his freshly silenced Lois-Lane-patented smarmy smile and haughty expression cool

"Yeah," Bluey added. "Deano had to skulk off to Yankee-land with finals just around the corner 'cause he couldn't hack being around Flinders, since she shafted him."

*She* shafted *him*? Whatever had happened, Clark didn't need speculation to figure out that Scardino had the sympathies of the men.
You know, at first I thought, shafted just meant dumped him. And Clark seems to agree. But from your dictionary at the bottom, it's not *that* clear. Could also mean that he broke her heart/up with her and then she started treating him badly.

But not only was she there, she was also nonchalantly leaning back in her seat with her feet perched on her desk. On her lap was a paperback that looked suspiciously like a trashy novel. And she appeared to be engrossed in it.

Clark stared. It was one thing to be so enamoured with a novel that she would read it surreptitiously at the office. It was quite another to do it so obviously ... it was as if Lois *wanted* people to notice.
Wonder what's the deeper meaning of this. Or maybe, it's because Lois knows Browny ignores her after loosing to the Hawks clap

I didn't even notice the lack of L&C interaction. There's so much depth in this story. And the next part is still so far away mecry

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Yes, I would also like the next part very soon, and by "soon" I mean like Saturday sometime smile

I would like to know how Lois is going to treat Clark when they are out on their story - most likely cold and distant until that teaser moment happens.

And who is this version of Claude?

My favourite line from this part:

"And get that smug, smirking, swaggering, crowing, insolent brown-and-gold minx out of my newsroom."
Excellently written clap

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Like they said, what a teaser!!!! And you left us hanging!!!! wallbash

But hey, Clark, now - or in the next chapter - you'll have the chance. Tell her how different and alone you really are, and explain why you have thrown her out while you're at it!

"It's just that the whole Claude thing ... Lois, I *never* want to see you get that hurt again."
Claude was here? In this fic, too? wallbash

[Linked Image]

Not Kilroy! Claude! Gaaaahhh!!

"That was nothing," he said. "You should see what's coming out of Coober Pedy this year."

"Opal?"

"Crystal opal. Beautiful blues and greens like I've never seen before."
Corrina, do you realize how much this sounds like kryptonite???? eek

"Expensive?"

Seb gave a low whistle. "I'm having a two-day expo in September - culminating in an auction. I'm expecting the prices to skyrocket."
An auction? Who will be bidding? Trask? Luthor? Mayson?? Or... Dan Scardino? Clark himself wondered if anything was going on between Mayson and Dan. What would that mean for Clark? For Lois?

"Wonder how Deano is going?"

There were a few shrugs and grunts.

"Poor bloke," Gazza said.
The guys feel sorry for Dan Scardino, and they blame Lois for whatever has happened to him. Is Dan blaming her, too?

Michael said:

I didn't even notice the lack of L&C interaction. There's so much depth in this story.
Indeed, there is wonderful depth in this story. In this chapter you told us so much about Lois - Lois and Seb, Lois and Browny, Lois and the reporter blokes. And of course you told us a lot about clark, too. I loved this:

Clark sipped from his beer, not understanding all of the words, but understanding enough of the tone that he didn't think it was complimentary to Lois. "Lois isn't here," he said. "Perhaps we shouldn't be talking about her."
Yes!!! Go, Clark!

I loved this, too:

He wanted to use the powers he had been given.

And then, he wanted to come home.

To Lois.
Aaawwwwwwwwww....

I want him to come home to Lois too, Corrina! So I'm so much looking forward to the next chapter!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What a great part and what a horrible teaser. I'm thinking that the Olympics are going to come into play here somehow. Or the tram they're ridding to Fitzroy will crash and Clark will have to save Lois and the train. More soon! Or soonest!
cool
Artemis peep

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"That was nothing," he said. "You should see what's coming out of Coober Pedy this year."

"Opal?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Corrina, do you realize how much this sounds like kryptonite????
Oh now there's a good thought, Ann! That never even crossed my mind. I suppose Kryptonite could have landed anywhere on the planet really. If it turns out to be Kryptonite that could make for an interesting angle in this story.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by elizabeth:
[QUOTE] quote:

"Opal?"

Corrina, do you realize how much this sounds like kryptonite????
Oh now there's a good thought, Ann! That never even crossed my mind. I suppose Kryptonite could have landed anywhere on the planet really. If it turns out to be Kryptonite that could make for an interesting angle in this story. /QUOTE]

I agree that it would make for an interesting angle, but wouldn't a jeweler be able to discern the difference between an unusually coloured opal and a substance that is completely novel to him? Even the shiniest opal fully polished surely wouldn't glow in the dark the way kryptonite does!

Joy,
Lynn

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Sorry it's been awhile since I've posted feedback. The end of the school year was a busy one! Now I'm on summer break, though, so expect me to post regularly on this wonderful story.

I love the back story you've given Lois: A lonely American in Oz who finds her way home, not by the yellow brick road, but through her love of footy. Hopefully, your emerald "opals" won't cause problems for our resident superhero and his Aussie gal.

Oh, and feel free to have Dan "distract" Mayson right out of this story. LOL! OK, so you shouldn't really do that, but he could help her see the error of her ways.

I've enjoyed the development of the relationship between Lois and Clark thus far. It was a fairly quick friendship, but it is deepening with each passing day. Lois seems to be giving Clark a nice opening in the preview. Could you please keep Lunkhead Clark locked up somewhere so that his intelligent alter ego can tell Lois what she needs to know??? smile

I'm looking forward to more!

Oh, and some of the references in your Aussie dictionary are well understood by Americans: shaft and my old man for example.

"Women frustrate men because they're too complicated. Men frustrate women because they're not complicated enough."
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Sarah Next part is posted!

Elizabeth We get the Queen's birthday holiday next weekend - which is kind of strange considering her birthday is in April! smile1 Thank you!

DW You got it Saturday morning, my time. smile

Thanks, DW.

Ann

Uhmm - Claude. Let's see, Lois is about 28 in this fic. It is unreasonable to think that she's had no romance in her life to this point. However, as with canon, her previous relationships have to be unhappy - to contrast with finding her true love. (And if they were happy, why isn't she married already?)

So, I needed some sad relationship history for Lois and borrowed Claude. As Lynn said in the beta, he's pond scum - but you'd probably already figured that.

I'm glad that the glimpse into Lois's life made up for not much LnC togetherness.

Thanks, Ann.

Artemis The Olympics will have a very small part in this. No tram crashes though!

Thanks!

QoA Thanks for your comment re Lois's backstory. I hope that the Lois we know - had she been put in the situation I've described - would be something like how I've written her.

Regarding the Aussie dictionary - if I'm not sure, I put it in. Also, my BRs come from different parts of the USA and there have been times when one has been familiar with a word/term and another one hasn't.

Thanks for taking the time to leave FDK.

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Elizabeth We get the Queen's birthday holiday next weekend - which is kind of strange considering her birthday is in April! [Huh]
Blame it on the English weather. It's usually soggy in Britain in April, so they moved the birthday celebration to June.
Cheers to the Commonwealth!
Artemis thumbsup

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I've read FB, but still can't work out what you're alluding to
About 2/5 through, Clark uses ton's of l-words to describe Lois. Lovely. Lissome. Lucky. You get the picture laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Artemis I'm not sure whether the English celebrate the birthday in April or June.

I've always assumed that we moved it from April because IIRC, her birthday is April 26th and April 25th is ANZAC Day. This would explain why NZ moved it too.

Michael Thanks for the explanation - I see the connection now.

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Artemis I'm not sure whether the English celebrate the birthday in April or June.
It's June. It's the big parade with all the Horseguards and is a big tourist draw. That's another reason they moved it to June. When the Queen was younger, she rode her horse Burmese in full uniform. Now that she's older, she uses one of the state carriages.
Someday I'd really like to see that.
I use as my authority Majesty magazine, the magazine of all things royal. My ancestors emigrated from Scotland, England and Ireland three generations ago and I've got nostalgia for the old sod.
And speaking of ANZAC day, we've seen the Memorial in Sydney and saw the movie "Gallipoli" there too.
regards and pip pip
Artemis
Turns out King Edward moved the Birthday Celebration to June.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen%27s_Birthday_Parade

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard