Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
sunrei Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Whew! Hopefully that was a good lengthy part to get us back in the swing of things. I rearranged some RL stuff because my brain needed a muse break.

This part didn't have too much dialogue, but that's because there was a lot going on that needed to happen in a relatively short span of 'time'. Now the fun can begin wink

~sonia

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Clark! You are a COMPLETE MORON! What makes you think your life is more important than Lois' life? What right do you have to destroy her career just because you wanted to talk to her? Are your feelings more important than the livelihood of dozens of people? Are you that self-centered?

Sheesh. I could understand his stomping off in anger or slouching away in disappointment, but to stand there beside Lois and yell at her when she keeps telling him 'Not now!' is so very childish and immature! Martha is going to box his ears when he gets home, and I hope she uses Kryptonite gloves!

Well. Now that I have that off my chest, this was an excellent chapter. I really liked the role reversal as Clark discovers Lois' secret identity and gets unreasonably angry. If he loved her - I mean really loved her - he'd let her explain on her own terms and in her own time without pulling open her shirt and yanking off her wig. So he's got some serious explaining to do.

Of course, so does Lois, and she doesn't have any time to set up something. I think she should just go ahead with the planned show as herself, right after she explains that she didn't want to trade on her mother's legacy and that she wanted to make it on her own. And Perry should take Clark aside and explain to him that he's a thick-headed numbskull with delusions of humanity, assuming Chloe lets him live.

Of course, now that we have this out of the way, we can get to the heart of Clark's insistence on staying on the farm - he's afraid. And Lois may belong on stage or in college or in the studio, but she definitely does not belong on the Kent farm, even if Roscoe is pining for her. He's going to have to step out of his cocoon and blossom, and he can't force Lois to do or be anything just to please him.

The scene with the fence falling apart when he gets distracted was pure genius. It signifies that his life - which he's been trying to hide from - isn't at all stable and can be destroyed by any little distraction. It's both analysis and foreshadowing.

Oh, by the way, I really like this story! I've missed it and I'm ready for the next chapter. You have to make up for all the time we've spent waiting, you know.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
dizzy dizzy dizzy dizzy dizzy dizzy dizzy dizzy dizzy dizzy

You know, this started all harmless and fun and nice and then, just when it looked like he would simply notice her on the stage, or catches her when she falls off the catwalk, he goes 22. Am guessing 22 stands for backstage-bumpkin or Kryptonian invasion, no wait, that's 39. And the whole scene. He's really, utterly, totally, oh boy.

So, please get back here and give us more. Otherwise, this cliffhanger could result in some major vertigo.

Michael

PS: It's um, been a while. Did I read the clue's right. Lois didn't just kiss him but full on seduced him and it's only birth control on her side preventing the usual LnC outcome of such an event?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
uh oh

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I loved the whole rock-concert description. Perhaps you've been to a Hannah Montana concert?

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I loved Terry's feedback. I can't come up with anything to compete with it. Michael's too, was very good and to the point:

He's really, utterly, totally, oh boy.
Exactly!

But this was very moving too, and you gave us a lot of insight into the character of Clark Kent.

Like Terry said:

He's going to have to step out of his cocoon and blossom, and he can't force Lois to do or be anything just to please him.
Exactly.

Sorry to quote other feedbackers rather than you. But this chapter was so well worded and crafted, as it usually is when it is written by you.

Ann

sunrei Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks All!

I'm glad you are still enjoying the twists and turns as the plot thickens. This was kind of one of those necessary evils- a stirring of the pot, of sorts. It couldn't be all fun *all* the time could it? Well, probably... but my mind doesn't work that way.

Are you that self-centered?
...Methinks, yes.

If he loved her - I mean really loved her - he'd let her explain on her own terms and in her own time without pulling open her shirt and yanking off her wig.
Are you inferring that Clark's not in love... or that he doesn't know what love is? Hmmmm. *thoughtful pose* Curiouser and curiouser.

And the whole scene. He's really, utterly, totally, oh boy.
Yep.

It's um, been a while. Did I read the clue's right. Lois didn't just kiss him but full on seduced him and it's only birth control on her side preventing the usual LnC outcome of such an event?
Clues correctly interpreted, Watson... except I'm not sure she planned... to have to plan, you know?

uh oh
I agree.

I loved the whole rock-concert description. Perhaps you've been to a Hannah Montana concert?
No, but does it count if my niece has?

Sorry to quote other feedbackers rather than you. But this chapter was so well worded and crafted, as it usually is when it is written by you.
It's okay. I appreciate all I can get!

~s

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Right now, "yikes" is mostly going through my head. I don't think I can really be coherent right now. Clark, Clark, Clark...Yikes. Yikes. Yikes.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard