Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#71869 05/28/10 03:26 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I should again thank my wonderful BRs - Iolanthe, Deja Vu, and Lynn. Thanks for your suggestions, encouragement, and help with the American parts of the fic. smile

FDK goes here.

Thanks,

Corrina.

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
This was a really great part, except for the end - now I am all curious to know Lois' answer to Clark's question.

I suspected Lois was born in the US, but wasn't sure since a lot about this story is different (in a good way smile )

You really described Lois and her loneliness well - what happened to Lucy though - and how the club made her feel at home smile1

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow, I was surprised about Lois being born in the US. I did sort of wonder why she was so versed in American idiom. That was a beautiful story about how Lois found a home in footy.
Two burning questions are left after this part:
Lois' answer to Clark's question about Dan Scardino.
And Clark's decision on whether to tell Lois what he heard at the Social club when the two guys saw Lois.
Keep it coming!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Another fantastic part. I marvel at how you manage to fill each chapter with so much story, so much emotion, so much - well, so much, purely and simply. Each new part is an adventure to read.

Oh yes, I too want to know what Clark will do with the information that he overheard. And what will Lois tell him about her and Dan Scardino?

And why do I get the feeling that Ellen and Lucy may be dead? And if they aren't, how did they manage to drop off the face of the Earth so thoroughly that they apparently never contacted Lois after they went back to America?

Again, this is a fantastic story. I absolutely adore the way you portray Clark's love for Lois. And I love your portrayal of Lois and her inner sadness, too. I love your explanation for her footy obsession, too. It is because some people at Hawthorn became her family when her real family let her down.

Ann

D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Ah, this has been so much fun to read! I've definitely felt honored to help BR it.

I love your description of Lois's childhood-- I think it really makes sense and explains a lot.

And I really love this:
Lois contemplated him. "You have something that means more to you than any story?"

"Yes."

"Something you would protect even if it meant giving up the biggest story of your life?"

"Yes."
Something like that is always fun for the reader, heh heh.

And I agree with Ann-- I love how you portray Clark's feelings for Lois. It really makes me smile! laugh

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
That was another heartfelt chapter... and with a cliffhanger like that I am anxiously awaiting the next part. Will it be soon? smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi Corrina,

I’m not sure if it was this part or the previous, but somewhere over the last two parts, I’ve gotten hooked on this story.

The explanation of how the Hawthorn family became Lois’s family was great. It provides a great deal of insight into Lois’s character and explains a lot about why she is the person that she is.

I was taken completely by surprise that she was born in Detroit. Is she estranged from her family or are they simply not important in her life? I also have to wonder if she kept her US citizenship or is she a citizen of Australia.

The loose ends were great if frustrating.

Was there more hidden meaning in the look that passed between Lois and Ron?
Clark extended his hand, and it was firmly taken in Ron's larger one. "Pleased to meet you, Ron," Clark said.

The words were barely out of his mouth when Ron looked down at Lois with a mischievous wink. She grinned - clearly understanding whatever had passed between them.
And what was this about?
Clark saw two men walk into the room, stop abruptly, and immediately turn and scuttle away. Without thinking too much, he turned on his super-hearing.

"That's Lois Lane," one of the men hissed.

"Why is she here? Do you think she knows something?"

"All she needs to know is that the merger will strengthen our position."
And of course I want to know her answer to the Scardino question!!

And I want to see how Clark does in footy. smile1

Corrina, as has happened before, I am in awe at your skill in crafting a complex and compelling story.

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I liked the links at the end. And in the video, you see the victorious players taking hold of a large silver trophy. Does that trophy have a name, like the Stanley Cup in hockey?

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
ahhhh, suspense!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Bob:
I also have to wonder if she kept her US citizenship or is she a citizen of Australia.
She can have both since she was born in the US.
My cousin's children have both because their parents have US citizenship because they were born here. The children were born in Australia, though.
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great part.
I'm just wondering what became of Lucy, Ellen and Sam....

Can't wait to see how everything will come together for our favorite couple

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, I never suspected Lois could have been born in the U.S. hyper I'm sensing a pattern here. And I think it reminds me of AMH, with their rapidly progressing contacting hyper wildguy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
DW Thanks for your FDK. I'm glad you liked Lois's backstory. In the show, I always felt they hinted that Lois was quite lonely before Clark came to Metropolis.

Artemis Remember that first day when Lois picked up Clark from the airport and gave him a rundown on Australian/American differences? She was speaking from experience.
laugh

Both of your questions will be answered.

Thanks!

Ann

I marvel at how you manage to fill each chapter with so much story, so much emotion,
Thank you. smile I am posting longer parts than I have been recently. No real reason - that's just how the fic worked out.

We will find out more about Lois's family.

I love your explanation for her footy obsession, too. It is because some people at Hawthorn became her family when her real family let her down.
I'm so glad this came through. For some people, footy is merely a sport. For many others, it is so much more than that.

Thanks for your comments, Ann.

Deja Vu Thanks for the FDK and also your beta reading. smile The fic is so often in Clark's head that it's been relatively easy to portray his feelings.

Elizabeth Thanks.

the next part. Will it be soon?
I hope to get 24 ready for my BRs tonight. Once that has been sent off, I'll have a look at 14 and get it ready to post ... so perhaps tonight, or tomorrow morning.

Bob

I’m not sure if it was this part or the previous, but somewhere over the last two parts, I’ve gotten hooked on this story.
Thanks for sticking with the fic during the set up/footy explanations.

The explanation of how the Hawthorn family became Lois’s family was great. It provides a great deal of insight into Lois’s character and explains a lot about why she is the person that she is.
Thank you - that's what I was hoping for. The scenes at Glenferrie Oval were some of the first that I wrote (well over a year ago). The main issue then became where exactly in the story Lois starts to reveal some of her life to Clark. Before this she has talked about football, and Australia, and given him helpful information, but has said very, very little about herself.

Was there more hidden meaning in the look that passed between Lois and Ron?
Only that Ron heard Clark's accent and looked at Lois with a 'so he's from home' look. Of course, Clark didn't understand it because at that stage he didn't know Lois was born in the USA.

Thanks, Bob.

Iolanthe

That is the Premiership Cup - other than that it doesn't have a name - but in terms of results, it's the only thing that matters. The footage shows Carlton celebrating after the 1995 Grand Final - which will be mentioned later in the fic.

Sarah Yeah - but we're moving forward, bit by bit smile Thanks!

Seme Thanks. Some of what you said isn't such a big part of the fic - the other part is (not surprisingly) the most important bit.

Michael

Re the AMH comment - yeah a couple of times I have seen some similarities, which is a bit huh because the bare bones of this fic pre-dated AMH by at least six months.

Lois is going to have a shot at being pregnant by the time Clark is supposed to go home
I don't remember ever saying that Lois wanted to get pregnant wink

Thanks, Michael.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard