Kerth
FDK goes here.

Thanks,

Corrina.

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
ooooh yeah, this is getting good - make that, better than good!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
ooooohhhhh yeahhhhhh. That's what I wanted. notworthy notworthy sloppy twins love hail
Lois gulped, her throat as dry as the desert and her knees as fluid as the wind-blown sand. From the scattered mass that had once been her brain, she managed one thought - this year, *someone* was going to look great. Better than great.
And all the rest of the great description.
Wait, was there an A plot? I must have blacked out there.
Athough, more seriously, too bad for Fitzroy's fans.
Oh, and an esky looks just like our coolers. A popular brand is Coleman. But we just say cooler.
We don't use the term pergola in daily use, but we know what they are. If there are vines over the top, blooming or not, it's an arbor.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
That bit where Lois is checking out Clark in his footy outfit... sensational!

And this bit...

"Shoulders high," Lois said sharply. He jumped at her tone and forced his shoulders back further. "Legs straight and slightly apart," she continued. "Chin up, arms crossed ... good ... now look at me with purpose and intent in your eyes ... look at me like you know what you want, and anyone who gets in your way might not live to regret it."
Reminded me of Clark as Superman! thumbsup

Loved it. More soon as, please?

Cheers
Elizabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"How are you finding Australia?"
"Well, it isn't difficult. I fly over the Pacific Ocean, and there it is, right there in the Southern Hemisphere." laugh

Bluey told him there was no need to return to the pergola and the table loaded with food because only women ate salad.
wink again!

Who could have imagined that Clark kept all this hidden under jeans and loose-fitting shirts?
Hubba, hubba!

Top Banana
Top Banana
I really enjoyed this part. There is a lot here that begs for more. For example:
"There was a ... difficult situation. Divided loyalties. And Lois figured the men would stick together."
Interesting… I have some ideas but I’ll keep them to myself for now.

I’m surprised he said anything about this:
Clark felt his stomach sink. "Lois," he hissed. "I can't get into any 'scuffles'."
I’d think he’d either say nothing at all or if he felt like he had to say something, tell a minor fib and explain that he hurt someone once in a “scuffle” and avoids them out of concern for the other people.

I love the Lois section that ends with this:
Because if you do, you are going to get your heart so badly shattered it will never recover.
Except that I have a hard time believing that in theses circumstances Lois hasn’t noticed Clark’s … interest in her. Of course, she probably sees his interest but has no way of knowing how strongly Clark feels.

Nice bit of football plot at the end. Lois seemed particularly upset by the news.

Bob

S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Getting a little touchy feely there Lois? I'm suprised Clark didnt confess all after that pull on his shorts.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Lovely as always! drool

Under her hand, she could feel his arm burning up.
So he would sure shine like a beacon in an infrared image, then? laugh

[Linked Image]

Clearly this is not Clark, because his physique is all wrong. But I like his blushing neck! I can imagine Clark in footy gear unwillingly showing his blushing red neck! laugh

Don't.

Don't go there, Lois.

Don't.

Just don't.

Don't.

Don't even think about it.

Don't.

Because if you do, you are going to get your heart so badly shattered it will never recover.
Yes, do! Please do! Don't you know how much we all want you to, Lois?

And then Fitzroy was killed. Is Hawthorn safe, I wonder?

Like Bob, I wonder what this was all about:

"There was a ... difficult situation. Divided loyalties. And Lois figured the men would stick together."
And I don't even have a good guess to offer. clap

Ann

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
That was great, especially the part with Clark in the footy uniform and Lois' reaction (which I think was similar to all us girls' reaction to imagining Clark in that outfit) hyper hyper

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap

The barbecue was... interesting. Clark and Lois in this setting certainly keeps me off-kilter. That's probably the best way to describe it. For instance, every time Lois and Clark get separated because of the male/female grouping occurring has my inner LnCian screaming 'Lois wouldn't stand for that.' huh Not that I mind. As I said. It just keeps me off-kilter.

This definitely qualifies for wildguy wildguy
"There was a ... difficult situation. Divided loyalties. And Lois figured the men would stick together." From the front of the house came the chimes of the doorbell, and Narelle stood. "Maybe that will be her now."
When Lois posed Clark as Superman, that was laugh

So she had been friendly - because he was safe.
[...]
So she doesn't want to set herself up to heartbreak. Okay. So does everyone else. Still doesn't explain this version of Lois's particular hangups and troubles with men. At least, because it feels like there's much more to the story and you have this evil habit of applying a virtual pair of scissors to story before posting it. spider

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
This has been a pleasantly enjoyable story so far, but I feel we are poised for 'something' that actually affects Lois and Clark to happen.

The Fitzroy story makes for an okay backdrop for what goes on for this group of reporters at their paper, but it is not a significant story for someone of Lois and/or Clark's talents.

I still think that we wil be seeing Superman come into play somehow soon. Whether it will be an actual physical presence, or just a situation where the interuption impacts Clark is some inopportune way.

This will then have consequences for Lois. How those consequences will play out is what I'm waiting to see.

Tank (who finds it interesting that in all the time that Clark has been in Australia he has only had one 'call to duty')

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Sarah Glad you're enjoying it smile

Artemis The vines weren't blooming because it's winter, so they let in the sun. In summer, they grow 'shade'. However all that was far too much to explain in the fic! Thanks for your FDK, Artemis.

Elizabeth

Reminded me of Clark as Superman!
Funny that!! wink

Thanks!

Iolanthe

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well, it isn't difficult. I fly over the Pacific Ocean, and there it is, right there in the Southern Hemisphere."
Would Americans term it like that? Or is it just us Aussies?

Thanks, Iolanthe. smile

Bob

I’d think he’d either say nothing at all or if he felt like he had to say something, tell a minor fib and explain that he hurt someone once in a “scuffle” and avoids them out of concern for the other people.
Canon-Clark dithered, particularly in his relationship with Lois. This Clark has only three months. At times, he sails close to the wind - ie warming her socks with his heat vision.

Had Lois followed up with a question asking for clarification, he might have told her a minor fib - but she didn't.

RE Lois - she has made some assumptions about Clark that will come out later - hopefully they will make her actions seem logical.

SJH Surprised Clark didn't confess what?? wink laugh

Thanks for leaving FDK.

Ann

Just for clarification - she did touch bare skin here, didn't she?
Yes - long-sleeved footy jumpers are available, but the overwhelming majority are sleeveless.

I'll try to remember to make it clearer when I edit for the archive.

Thanks, Ann.

DW I did say we would get an occasional scene from Lois's POV - this one *had* to be from hers!

Thanks.

Michael

Clark get separated because of the male/female grouping occurring has my inner LnCian screaming 'Lois wouldn't stand for that.'
As a woman who works in an all-male environment, who writes stories about men, and who interviews men - maybe she likes a little female company occasionally.

When Lois posed Clark as Superman,
cool

I will, eventually, put the scissors away and give you the whole story. But for now, like Clark, you're just going to have to find out piece by piece wink

Thanks, Michael.

Tank

The Fitzroy story makes for an okay backdrop for what goes on for this group of reporters at their paper, but it is not a significant story for someone of Lois and/or Clark's talents.
Actually, the Fitzroy story was huge, and would have involved a lot of investigation that would have suited Lois and her skills perfectly. Unfortunately, because I'm dealing with RL people, and because there is still disagreement on exactly who did what, I couldn't showcase Lois's talents. (And it's not really relevant to the story, anyway.)

Certainly, this Superman is different to the one we saw on the show. But that Superman had Lois.

Thanks for your FDK, Tank.

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
quote: quote:

"Well, it isn't difficult. I fly over the Pacific Ocean, and there it is, right there in the Southern Hemisphere."

Would Americans term it like that? Or is it just us Aussies?
Oh, Americans would put it that way too. I'm just being a smart alec. wink

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
"But how can you be sure that you have really found Australia?"

"That's easy, too. I just make sure that the constellations and the guys' tattoos match."

[Linked Image]

The Southern Cross over Hawaii (wrong place, you know...)

[Linked Image]

And a guy with a Southern Cross tattoo in Australia! Right place! laugh

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Corinna:
The vines weren't blooming because it's winter, so they let in the sun. In summer, they grow 'shade'.
Right, I got that. We have them, too. It's just that we call them arbors. If it's freestanding, it's a gazebo. I live in a place like the outback.
More story soon! I can't wait until Clark plays footy and kicks it into the stand. I'll put his right foot against Dan's left foot any day!
regards
Artemis

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
maybe she likes a little female company occasionally.
dizzy I never thought of this. Basically, since aside from the occasional early S1 Lucy moment, show-Lois only hangs out with Clark blush

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Iolanthe Smart alec or not, it was an amusing answer. Pity Clark couldn't use it!

Ann

Beneath the Southern Cross I stand
Sprig of wattle in my hand
Native of my native land
Australia ... you beauty

That is the victory chant of the Australian cricket team.

Thanks for the great pics, Ann.

Artemis I got a bit stuck on the phrasing because my BRs come from different parts of the USA and they used different terminology. I'm in Clark's POV, so I have Narelle call it a pergola, which for us is an outdoor room attached to the house.

From the pics I could find, both an arbour and a gazebo are usually not attached to a house???

I can't wait until Clark plays footy and kicks it into the stand. I'll put his right foot against Dan's left foot any day!
Agreed! Though for reasons that are not clear, left-footers are almost always better, longer, and more-accurate kicks. huh

And left-footedness does not always equal left-handedness.

Michael Yeah. I think the show left holes for us to fill as we saw fit. Lois didn't seem to have any female friends, did she? Or a life away from the Planet?

Thanks

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
From the pics I could find, both an arbour and a gazebo are usually not attached to a house???
Right. Usually freestanding. If it's attached to the house, out west here we say "covered patio" for both solid roof and pergola style.
Pergola did sound Aussie. I used to watch the home improvement show on BBC and they were forever building free standing pergolas with water features.
Anyway, it worked in the story.
cool
Artemis

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
If it was an English show you watched, the pronunciation would be different.

I think the English say - perg-a-la.

We say per-gol-a, with the final two syllables rhyming with cola.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard