Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#71795 05/23/10 03:41 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
The meeting did happen, in Bruswick, late on a Tuesday night - and despite expectations that the merger deal would be signed, nothing was decided. As mentioned before, I've moved it two weeks later.

Thanks!

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
OOOOOOh. I can't wait to imagine Rubber in his kit, trying to not knock down the other guys! Here's for the barbie!
Great story. Keep it coming.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
what Artemis said.
clark in those shorts and top? only he could really pull it off....

Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi Corrina,

I enjoyed this part. Now, being me, I am still looking for more relationship (there can NEVER be too much WAFFy B-plot smile ) but I am in this for the long haul.

I like the fact that Martha already knows he's fallen for Lois. When I visualize that scene I keep seeing Clark's attention wander and him developing a dopey grin on his face whenever he thinks about Lois.

I know I've said this before, but between Mayson and Trask, Clark should be looking for a new home. He doesn't need to quit being Superman, just leave in a very public way.

I can see the press release now.
In the London Times!
"I'm not a threat, but I don't want to make anyone afraid. If the people of Metropolis and the United States don't want me, I will respect those wishes. Therefore I regretfully announce that I have left the United States. I am presently searching the world for another city to call home."
Side note 1: I was able to follow the Hawks on TV Saturday night. I only watched the first quarter but they looked awfully good.

Side note 2: I enjoyed Snowy River but I wanted to see more relationship. (Do you sense a theme here?) When it was over Bev and I agreed that it was a nice horse movie. We are planning to see part 2.

Bob

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful tale. I'm just catching up with it and I need to go back and read the 5-9 parts to be up to speed.

Clearly the subway wreck was an attempt to get at Superman, and likely Perry's heart attack was arranged, I hope Lois will point this out to Clark.

Since Clark is NOT in Metropolis, I also hope Lois will convince Clark that Superman's best move is to spread himself around the rest of the Planet, ignoring the USA and Trask.

It would be nice if Superman could give an interview in France and England, indeed in several other parts of the world.

Framework4
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm really enjoying this fic so much, although this very part was a bit short on B-plot. (What Bob said. laugh )

But hey, you need some A-plot too! (Maybe.) I definitely agree that Clark needs to leave the United States for while. If Trask and Mayson are regarded as guilty of having chased Superman out of the United States, chances are that people in the States will send Trask and Mayson running themselves so that Superman can come back. The paranoid pair will not score many popularity points by harrassing the superhero, certainly not when The Man of Steel is seen doing heroic deeds in other countries!

I, too, am looking forward to Clark playing footy, even though I want him watch the sequel to "The Man from Snowy River" with Lois even more! laugh

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You know, there are so many possibilities how this could play out from here. Clark leaving. Nor arriving. Trask being committed. Mayson marrying Trask. huh I guess the really burning question is if Perry will be able to salvage the Daily Planet after this.

This was not good.

This was not good at all.
Wonder if Clark is worried because of strength-issues or because he thinks Lois is going to play with him on the same team.

Michael

PS: Is it time for part 13, yet?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Loved this part and would also like to see more relationship stuff.

Cannot wait to see how the "barbie" will unfold smile

And I would also like to know if it's time for 13 yet?

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Artemis
I can't wait to imagine Rubber in his kit,
Maybe we should slip into Lois's POV for that scene!!

Thanks, Artemis.

Sarah Clark could certainly pull it off, but many of the AFL footballers pull it off pretty well too wink

Thanks.

Bob Hi, Bob

Not *every* part can be chock-full of B-plot - although if anyone could do it, you probably could.

Side note 1 - The Hawks have had a horrible season to date - Sunday's game was finally a taste of what we know our team can do.

Side note 2 - Glad you enjoyed TMFSR. IMHO, the sequel is nowhere near the quality of the first movie. I think they tried to surpass 1 and somehow lost something vital. Also, try to get the DVD release, not the original movie release. In the movie, they didn't include the wedding scene huh wallbash wallbash wallbash ; in the DVD release, the wedding scene is back, and there is also an interview with the director who said he knew almost from the moment the movie was released that he had made a mistake in omitting the wedding.

Thanks, Bob.

Framework Hi, Patrick.

Clearly the subway wreck was an attempt to get at Superman, and likely Perry's heart attack was arranged, I hope Lois will point this out to Clark.
On the first point, you're probably right, but I'm not really sure how anyone could organise a heart attack without Perry also being in on the conspiracy.

Reagarding Lois and Superman - your idea is right, but I'm going a different path to get there.

Thanks for leaving FDK.

Ann Some of what you said is so close to how this will eventuate, but again, the outworking will be different.

I don't think Lois and Clark will ever get to TMFSR2, partly because I find the movie disappointing and partly because I have some other, more fun, things planned for them. laugh

Thanks for all your FDK, Ann.

Michael

You know, there are so many possibilities how this could play out from here.
And I reckon you could probably think of many more than I could, Michael!

Nor arriving.
eek Where did *that* come from??

Thanks, Michael.

DW Seeing how many people have mentioned a lack of B-plot in this part, I will say that the fic gets B-plot-heavy very soon.

Perhaps people will then be hankering for some A-plot???? wink wink

As for Part 13, my buffer has gone from 12 parts to 10, but I will keep the parts coming reasonably regularly.

Thanks, DW.

Corrina.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Still enjoying this story.
can't wait to see LnC get more involved.

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
RL hasn't allowed me much time lately, but I have been lurking a bit and reading your story. I'm still enjoying the originality and the change of venue. I find the relationship between Clark and Lois fascinating and Mayson and Trask frightening.

Maybe we should slip into Lois's POV for that scene!!
Yes, please! I'm enjoying reading a story from Clark's POV (which IMHO is a rare thing), but am practically salivating to know what's going on in Lois' mind.

BJ

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Seme Thanks. Lois and Clark *will* get more involved!

Brenda

Yes, please! I'm enjoying reading a story from Clark's POV (which IMHO is a rare thing),
I still haven't read a huge amount of fanfic on the archive, so this surprises me - in a good way. I didn't set out to be particularly unusual, I just thought it worked best for this fic.

Thanks for the FDK, Brenda.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard