Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#71763 05/21/10 12:10 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Lois refers to a meeting regarding the merger - this meeting did happen in RL. The only difference is that in my fic, I moved it two weeks later because that suited the timing of the story!

AND ... Another big thank you to my BRs - Iolanthe and Deja Vu ... and Lynn who read over this part for me before I posted it. All of you made this a better fic - Thanks smile

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes!!!! Me pumps fist in air.
"Not at all," Lois said. "We don't believe in mixed marriages."
rotflol
How about marrying an alien, Lois, hmmmm? Maybe if the alien barracks for Hawthorne it's O.K.?
Great way to bring Jason Trask's paranoia into the story and I loved the discussion of Superman's abilities.
I think Supes needs to visit Down Under on a rescue so Lois can see him up close, hmmmm?
Great story and nice bit of waffy near the end.
"Man From Snowy River" and "Gallipoli" are both great movies and quite popular here.
More soon
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Awwwwwwwwww I loved this part and I love this Lois. She's so sweet and caring.

Great job!!!

S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Holy Bat Cave! Stop the presses! Mayson Drake has some serious pull! Her uncle is on the Planet board?! Clark's fears are understanable.
Clark should come clean with Lois right now. I think he will be needing a friend (and some love) sooner than he thinks.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Mmm. Waffiness.

I think Clark should pick out a specific journalist in Metropolis who isn't named Mayson Drake and give an in-depth interview to refute the base propaganda Mayson slipped past Perry. And maybe he should offer to buy lunch for Jason Trask at one of Metropolis' finest restaurants. Perhaps his good manners and good taste would discredit Trask's accusations. (I have no hope that such an engagement would actually change Trask's mind about "the alien.")

I liked Lois' fire and determination in condemning Mayson's scurrilous attack on Superman. Clark is right that Perry would never allow such hateful drivel to be published if he were completely healthy, and I'm glad that Lois was hesitant to slam it but did so without reservation once she was sure Clark really wanted to hear what she thought.

I'm on tenterhooks waiting to see when Clark asks Lois about her feelings for him, or, failing that, confesses his feelings for her. As mixed up as he is right now, that will throw her into a tizzy.

And I really like the line about Trask having the roos loose in his top paddock! I'm going to remember that one!

More soon, please?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Fantastic part! And the waffiness is so warm and snuggly and delightful that it is positively heartwarming! clap )

Ann

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I loved the part with Clark and Lois having dinner together and watching the movie - so sweet and waffy smile

Also, I was a little .... uhm, worried, concerned ... about what Lois' reaction to the propaganda story about Superman. Reason is that we haven't exactly seen/read a lot about Lois' feelings and thoughts and so forth, but I liked her reaction and loved this line: And that Trask definitely has a few kangaroos loose in the top paddock. clap

This is a great line and I'm going to make a note to remember it too smile

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
My only defence is that Perry is still in the hospital, and I hope you'll believe me when I say that there is no way he would have allowed this to be printed if he'd been at the helm.
Indeed. And I think I smell a rat. Only question is, did they slip Perry the Avaap blossoms after the accident-cum-sabotage or did they stage both the heart attack and the derailment?

Awwwwww on their togetherness. And they watched in the classic very-close-friend/dating pose clap

More, soonest! spider (Pretty please?)

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
loved lois and clark.
trask - can't he go away?
can't wait for more, this is better than any addiction

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Corrina:
We just saw the first quarter of Carlton vs. Hawthorne. The Hawks were doing very well, but it's our bedtime. Could you post the link to Australian Rules Football again? Hubby was very fascinated.
Thanks
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm just catching up, but have to say how much I'm enjoying this story! And thanks so much for the helpful hints on what things are/what different words and expressions mean; it's such a help!

Wonderful story -- you have me totally hooked!! Poor Clark needs Lois so much; and wow what a different Mayson Drake, a witch hunting her prey; poor Superman, no wonder he gets so nervous whenever he goes to a rescue, besides having to deal with the accident and deaths. Whew!

hyper Ready for more asap!

EvelynC
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Sorry, have limited time.

Artemis, I'm not sure which link you wanted, but here are a few -

Introduction to Australian football (from an American perspective)
(3:29)

Music video celebrating all aspects of footy, especially the fans - 'That's the Thing about Football' by Greg Champion.
(2:22)

Highlights from 2007
(3:19)

Some of the best speckies (high marks) of all time
(8:01)

I hope that helps.

Thanks to all for your FDK - I will answer more fully later ... and I'll try to get 12 up tomorrow.

Corrina.

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Artemis Some of what you said is going to happen, some not. wink Thanks for your comments!

Seme I've enjoyed taking more S3 and S4 Lois and having her meet Clark. But that doesn't mean we won't see some of her other attributes later in the fic.

Thanks.

SJH Thanks for your FDK.

Clark's fears are understanable.
It is always so good to hear that something in the fic makes sense to someone else.

Terry

I liked Lois' fire and determination in condemning Mayson's scurrilous attack on Superman.
We hadn't really seen that side of her until now. More to come!

As mixed up as he is right now,
I'm so glad you've picked up on this. A major theme in this fic is that Clark has been struggling to be Superman because he hasn't had Lois. Of course, that's hard to say outright in the story because I've mostly been in Clark's POV and although he quickly realises how much Clark needs Lois, he doesn't instantly realise that Superman does too.

Thanks, Terry.

Ann Regarding Mayson, I have certainly taken her dislike for Superman and pushed it a few more levels.

Regarding Lois not being starstruck by Superman - she's never seen him up close (well, she *thinks* she hasn't) and she's used to mingling with AFL footballers, who in Melbourne are very definitely big celebrities.

I'm so glad you like this Lois - I know I've tweaked her personality a bit. There is more to come about why she is how she is.

Thanks, Ann.

DW It's true that the story has spent very little time in Lois's mind. I'm hoping that the scenes from her POV have greater impact because they are so scarce.

Thanks for commenting.

Michael You *always* smell a rat, Michael! The shoe will drop, but it will have nothing to do with avaap ( laugh ) leaves!

Thanks!

Sarah Trask has a purpose, then we'll get rid of him!

Thanks.

Evelyn Great to hear from you, Evelyn.

Poor Clark needs Lois so much;
Exactly!

And as you said, Clark having to deal with Mayson both as Clark and as Superman hasn't made his life any easier.

Thanks.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard