Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#71606 05/10/10 01:16 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
That's it for a week, FoLCs - I'll be away and won't have any computer access until next Monday.

Thanks for all your FDK so far.

Thanks to Bob for helping me with an American's impressions of Australia - particularly with regards to coffee.

Corrina.

#71607 05/10/10 02:02 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Another good part.

Just one quibble: The electric water heater looks sufficiently like our electric coffee makers (minus the compartment where you put the coffee grounds), that a typical American (even a non coffee drinker like me) would have had no trouble figuring it out. Not to mention that we also have electric water heaters here, albeit they are much larger and are usually used in the context of catering...But then again, this is Clark "My eyes are my beverage heater" Kent we are talking about...

Nice setup for part nine, which I am eagerly awaiting.

Have a good week.

cheers,
Lynn

#71608 05/10/10 02:55 AM
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Loved this part and definitely cannot wait to see how the Friday evening will unfold smile

Our pies here look the same - we just have different fillings, such as chicken mushroom, sausage, chilli steak and so forth. And they are very popular especially for lunch.

Anyway, waiting for part 9 hyper hyper hyper

#71609 05/10/10 05:07 AM
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
so clarks a hawk, wonder why...great part - can't wait for the rest of the story to unfold

#71610 05/10/10 05:24 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Yes, another great part! hyper hyper hyper

I love how Clark is so aware of Lois all the time. I have to admit that her absences make me worry a bit - are you planning to force Clark to use his powers to get her out of trouble?

And Banjo warned Clark about Lois. He should be minding his own business, I think. His warning to Clark made me feel clearly less favorably disposed towards him. I thought his warning was sexist, as if Banjo was looking out for the new guy, but taking little interest in his long-time colleague because she is a woman.

And Lois went to a fish and chips bar! I like that, although I can't say I like fish and chips much. I had it in England once, wrapped in newspaper pages. The grease on the inky paper didn't whet my appetite! Still, if you don't mind my saying so, I like that fish and chips would be an Australian thing, too, not just a British tradition. Clearly you have inherited it from your British ancestors, but surely you should keep some of the things that you got from the Brits and mix them with things that are from other cultures and still other things that are purely your own, right? smile

I liked the footy talk in the fish and chips place, too. You really portray Melbourne in a fascinating light, Corrina! smile

Ann

#71611 05/10/10 08:47 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great part as usual. Can't wait to see how Lois and Clark will act around each other on Friday night. Guess Lois is gonna need alot of will power to not get involve with Clark.

#71612 05/10/10 09:43 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
In no particular order:

Clark joining the Hawk fans. Well. Big surprise. And to his colleagues, it sure looks like he's carrying a torch for someone.

Wonder what's up with Lois being relationship-trouble. Lot's of strangeness going on. In Metropolis it would be clear. But down under? huh

And speaking of. What's with Lois being absent for a day? Is it just Clark fussing or a more sinister plot bunny rearing it's ugly head?

The last scene, with Lois taking off to buy milk. Oh boy. Oh boy. Oh boy. In Metropolis, Lois would already be dangling from a cliff somewhere. But here? And you're leaving us dangling, too? mecry

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#71613 05/10/10 02:16 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part, I'm already looking forward to next week! Man those highlights are just nuts; there has to be a word for 'ability to jump over everyone'...I believe it's called 'awesome'... cool

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#71614 05/11/10 09:10 AM
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Yeah, Lois going for milk is scary. Luckabee and Smith arent out there somewhwere I hope.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
#71615 05/13/10 04:12 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just caught up with the whole list of parts I missed while I was gone. What a great story! I loved it all - the walk on the beach, Bessie Bellweather's story, Leamington's and fish and chips.
I have fish and chips anytime anywhere they can be good. I just had them at the The Fish House in Stanley Park in Vancouver. Yes, the Canadians do fish and chips too.
I love how the Aussie's take very basic, simple ingredients and make them into special desserts, like Leamington's and Peach Melba. Something that takes a whole lot of hand beating. In the past, they didn't have electric beaters and did it all by hand.
And I feel a shoe dropping with Lois off to the milk bar alone.
Looking forward to more.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#71616 05/15/10 01:11 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks for all the FDK everyone.

I'm home from the trip, but have to leave shortly to go to the footy, so I have no time for fuller replies.

I did want to explain about Lois going for the milk ... Parts 8 and 9 were originally one huge part. I split it at about half way, purely for size reasons, but didn't realise it would seem as if something sinister was looming.

For the story, I needed Lois and Clark apart for a few minutes, but if you're hoping for a big Lois rescue in part 9, you're going to be disappointed.

When I get in from the footy, I'll read over part 9. If it's good to go, I'll post it. If it needs a little more work, you'll get it tomorrow morning.

Thanks again for the FDK smile1

Corrina.

#71617 05/15/10 02:03 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Corrina,

I've been reading your story and eagerly await the next part as soon as I finish reading them. I don't usually comment on stories just because I'm busy most of the time, but please know that I AM reading it and enjoying it.

As a Brazilian, I understand some of the fanaticism people can have over a sports team (even though it's with soccer instead of Australian football).

Can you believe that only now I noticed your avatar and made the connection? laugh Oh, and your screen name, too...

Hope you had a good time at the footy,

malu

#71618 05/17/10 01:30 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Lynn Thanks for your comments. Re boiling the water, I figured if one American wasn't quite sure how Americans boil water, Clark would be that person!

DW We have other varieties of pies too - but you usually get them from a bakery. The generic 'pie' from a milk bar is usually beef.

Thanks.

Sarah Thanks for your FDK. There is still a lot of story to come.

Ann I think fish and chips did originate in England, but I also think we have probably developed some tastes of our own - flake being an example. My English parents initially found the idea of eating gummy shark to be quite offputting, prefering whiting.

Friday night is the huge night for fish and chips - most of the shops are packed from about 5:30 to 8:30.

Years ago, we would get our chips wrapped in newspaper too!

Thanks, Ann.

Seme

Guess Lois is gonna need alot of will power to not get involve with Clark.
If she has too much will power, it's not going to be a great story!

Thanks.

Michael

What's with Lois being absent for a day?
Mostly, I'm just trying to be realistic. I don't think someone on exchange would be partnered with one person all the time. Also, as I mentioned in the original A/N, I can't go into much detail in some of Lois's investigations - so the way around it is to separate Lois and Clark and write from his POV.

Thanks, Michael.

JD Thanks. In my opinion, Aussie Rules is the best spectator sport. It has everything - speed, skill, strength, regular scoring - and you get two hours of almost non-stop action in every game.

And occasionally someone flies over the pack and takes a truly memorable 'specky'.

SJH Luckabee wallbash will *not* be making an appearance in my fic!

Thanks for your FDK.

Artemis No shoe - not yet, anyway.

Thanks for you comments.

Malu I'm so glad to hear you are reading and enjoying.

Yes - Brazilians are very passionate about sport - I guess your country is looking forward to the World Cup with great anticipation.

Thanks for leaving FDK.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard