Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Just a bit of un-beta'd silliness on a sunny afternoon. A sort of dipping my toe back into the water to convince myself that I haven't entirely lost all writing ability and that Man Under will eventually get finished. wink

Enjoy!

This *is* my happily ever after.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
<groan> And I thought that the punch line was going to be that she was marrying an as-yet-unknown son of Luthor...

Now that you have wet your toes, come dive into the water! :-)

cheers,
Lynn

Kerth
Kerth
Considering how often Lois breaks the law a lawyer in the family could be very useful!

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I was a little confused when I read the punchline, but then I remembered... oh yes, in the United States they keep telling all those lawyer jokes! laugh

So the punchline didn't do all that for me, but I chuckled at Marcus' comment. Yep, Lois could use a lawyer! laugh

Anyway, I enjoyed this little glimpse into the domestic bliss of Lois and Clark after thirty years of marriage. And it's very good to have you back here with a new fic, Happygirl! thumbsup

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Anti-Lawyer, huh, Lois? I suppose next you'll say they should have their own schools!

Cute fic! goofy

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The trouble with lawyers is that ninety-nine percent give a bad name to the other one percent.

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
> marring a lawyer!

Perhaps you mean marrying a lawyer?

Framework4
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Now that's a slip of the keyboard. Thanks for the catch, Framework. It's fixed now.

Actually, in the show Lois does have an anti-lawyer prejudice. Maybe I noticed it because I did, in fact, marry (not mar) a lawyer. Well, he was only a lawyer-to-be when I married him, but still...

This bit of silliness came to me as I was discussing our latest foster care case with my daughter. I've noticed that there are two factors which seem to move a case toward reunification pretty quickly--having the child's father involved and the parents having lawyers.

Marcus, now that Joanna's taken care of the lawyer, maybe Lois and Clark have another child who can marry (or maybe become?) a plumber. Everybody needs one of those in the family. (Shades of Terry Pratchett and Nanny Og)

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
By the way, for a different take on lawyer jokes in the LnC universe, try reading Sue S.'s excellent Risorgimento

cheers,
Lynn

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
The punch line was actually funny - you'd think that marrying into Superman's family would be more of something to come to terms with, yet it is the laywer fiancee that does it for Lois smile

And yes, you should come dive into the water - you haven't lost you writing ability.

Great fic smile

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I agree with u Marcus. lol

For some reason, Lois reminded me of her mother Ellen. I would have thought she would try not to be like her mom.

Enjoyed reading this story anyway.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Of course, from the title I wondered what homage to "Guess who's coming to dinner" you would pull. Didn't expect a lawyer though. Maybe Larry Luthor. Oh, then there' Leo Nunk's illegitimate son working for the Star or some other trashy paper.

clap

Michael

PS: Yay for mentioning MUtS. There're just two parts left, aren't there?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Two or three, Michael. Part 28 is off to the betas, but I'm not going to start posting again until I've got the end finished. Life is a little too nutty here for predictable writing time just now. BTW, MUTS is an unfortunate acronym. I hadn't even thought about that when I picked the title.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard