I hope I didn't make anyone wait too long for the last installment. I wish it could have lasted longer, but I couldn't think of anything else to do to these two. Remember, this was entirely fluff, but hopefully decent enough to be at least a little enjoyable.

I want to issue a warning on this part. I know part six was pulled briefly because of the limits I pushed with the love scene. I apologize for offending anyone. It wasn't intentional. This part doesn't specifically have a love scene. However, L&C do have a frank discussion about sex. I hope it doesn't make anyone uncomfortable. I did my best to make sure it was as tame as it could be without taking anything away from the conversation.

Again, thanks to everyone who read and commented. I've enjoyed reading the remarks you all left. I wish I'd had time to answer each and every one. Someone did ask in the last batch of feedback if there was another story lurking. If I can manage to get the muse to cooperate for edits, I have two more stories waiting only for final polishing before they're posted. Unfortunately, the muse has other ideas. She's ready to write another story altogether! But hopefully it won't be long before I'm bothering the gentle readers with another batch of craziness.

Thanks again and enjoy!

++++

Lois slowly opened her eyes, half fearing to find out that last night had been a dream. After sharing the news of their engagement, Clark had flown Lois back to Metropolis to his penthouse. She'd been impressed, although she'd informed him that she preferred the small apartment on Clinton. However, they decided to take advantage of what the expensive apartment had to offer, spending a relaxing hour in the hot tub in the expansive master bath. They'd enjoyed a whole lot more than just the hot water, slowly and deliberately reaquainting themselves physically as well. From there, they'd ended up in the kitchen. Preferring Clark to anything he had in the fridge, Lois had backed him against the island and explained to him why she liked his body so much. And she hadn't said a word.

She'd never forget the sounds he made when she touched him so intimately. No man had ever made her feel so empowered or sexy. When they'd spent their weekend together, they'd made love many times. Yet, every time was just as thrilling and just as breathtaking. Clark might be the strongest man in the world, but a small woman had nearly brought him to his knees. They'd shamelessly given and received pleasure from one another in the light shining through the wall of windows that made up one side of his kitchen. Slowly, reverently she'd worshiped his body and Lois had been introduced to Clark's true sexual being. If he hadn't already been named Superman, she would have named him last night.

It hadn't been a dream. Clark was looking back at her with a beautiful smile on his face.

"Good morning," he said in that low, sexy rumble that drove her wild. He leaned over and kissed her softly.

"Mmmm," Lois moaned when he leaned back. "I was afraid I was dreaming."

"Then I won't wake you," he told her with a waggle of his brows.

She laughed softly as she pushed herself up slightly on her pillows so she could look at him. She would be happy to do that and only that for the rest of the day.

"What?" he asked after a moment.

"I just... like looking at you."

He leaned to kiss her nose. "Look all you want, but you'll get tired of me being around."

"Not a chance." She reached out to smooth her hand down his arm.

"Have you changed your mind?"

"About what?"

"Becoming my wife."

Her smile faded and she placed her hand over his cheek. "There is nothing I want more."

"Even with all of this craziness?" He reached behind him to retrieve the newspaper from the nightstand. A picture of them kissing was plastered all over the front page. It had been taken the night they'd left for Smallville. He'd met her coming out of the gallery and had been completely unable to stop himself.

Lois glanced at it. "Oh, they'll get tired of us smooching on each other."

Clark pushed himself up into a sitting position against the headboard. "Wait until the news of our engagement hits the press."

"Clark, I'll be glad when it hits." He furrowed his brows. "I want the world to know that you're mine." She'd told him that before. When was he going to believe her?

His lips slowly spread into a smile and he leaned over to kiss her. "Last night was incredible."

"You ain't seen nothing yet," she told him as she pushed up and straddled him.

He grunted. "This is a nice position," he told her, grasping her hips.

"Very nice," she agreed as she grinned at him. "Very, very nice."

Clark squeezed her hips. "Oh, baby."

Baby. He'd said that many times the night before. She never thought she'd allow a man to call her baby. This man could call her anything he wanted to. She'd decided that after he'd taken her to heights she'd never been the night before. The things he could do. Did he have any idea just how different he was from other men? That made her stop and open her eyes to look at Clark.

"What's wrong?" he asked, immediately concerned.

"How many women have you done this with?"

"What?"

"Sex... how many women have you had sex with?"

"Why?"

"I want to know."

"Right now?" He looked pained. "I'm kinda... feeling the moment, honey."

She moved to get up. "I'll get dressed."

He reached out to grasp her arm. "Baby, wait. I'll tell you anything you want to know. And the answer is two. You and Lana are the only women I've ever slept with."

Lois looked back at him. "Really?" She turned around to face him. "All those women you've dated..."

"*Dated*," he elaborated. "You *can* date without having sex."

"I know that," she replied.

"Where did all of this come from?"

"I was thinking about last night. You were... incredible. I mean, you were incredible the weekend we spent together, but last night was..."

"I was hoping I didn't scare you."

"Scare me? Clark, the things you did to me! I've never felt like that in my life." That caused him to smile, a hint of red tinting his cheeks. That was so adorable. Even after the night they'd shared, he could still blush around her. "I don't know. I guess I was just wondering how much practice you've had."

"Ahh..." Clark pulled Lois closer to him. "Last night was the first time I've ever had sex like that. Correction. That was the first time I'd ever made love like that. Something came over me. It was like I was someone else altogether. I wanted you in a way that almost made me ashamed of myself. I tuned all of my senses into what I was doing and just... let go. That's the first time I've ever let go."

"That's the first time I've ever let go," Lois told him as she looked down at his chest. "I wanted to eat you up. And the more I had, the more I wanted."

"That's what I felt like." He cupped her cheek. "Every time we make love will be very special and very dear to me. But when we share nights like last night, I will never be able to deny that I've found my soul mate."

Lois leaned over to kiss him. In no time at all the kiss grew out of control.

"Dammit, woman!" he breathed when he drew away from the kiss. "You have more power than Kryptonite," he told her before losing himself in another kiss. It was long minutes later before Clark leaned back to look at her. This time he was grinning down at her. "Proud of yourself?" she repeated what he'd asked her the very first time they'd made love.

"Very," was the same answer as he kissed her again. "I think we need a shower."

"Ya' think?" Lois asked through a soft laugh, but neither moved.

"I can't wait for you to become my wife," Clark said out of nowhere.

"I can't wait for you to become my husband." Lois smoothed her fingers in the hair above his ear. "Dammit, woman?" she asked.

Clark began to laugh and hugged her to his chest. She squeezed him tight, deciding she'd never heard a phrase like that sound as sexy. And her heart soared to know she alone had made him say it. Lois Lane, owner of a little gallery on Market Row, had the power to bring Superman to his knees.

"What's Kryptonite?" she asked as they made their way toward the bathroom.

Neither had been able to wait to get married, so the media event of all time didn't even become news until a week after they'd married. The wedding had taken place on a small island in the south Pacific just two months after the New Year. Members of a quaint little village, who owed a favor to their savior, played host to nearly a hundred of Lois and Clark's closest friends and family. The only press there had been Jimmy, of course, and Nunk. The couple had grown quite fond of the frustrating reporter and had allowed him to be there with the understanding that the Planet would announce their union to the world through the prose and photography of James Olsen.

Sam Lane had walked his daughter down the isle. Martha Kent had shed tears of joy. Lucy had caught the bouquet. Scott had shamelessly flirted with everybody. The first dance, the first kiss as man and wife- it had been the best day of their lives. The world would even get a picture of the 'super' couple- Clark, dressed as Superman, with Lois by his side. It had been perfect.

They'd spent their wedding night and the following week tucked away inside Clark's little apartment back in Metropolis while their guests were treated to a week on the island. When they surfaced again, Superman returned everyone home, with Sam's help as pilot of a small jet.

With a deep breath, Clark faced Lois. "Ready?" They'd decided to make their appearance from the penthouse. While he could easily sneak in and out of their place on Clinton, Lois couldn't. So, they'd decided that they'd live in the penthouse and use the loft for getaways. Clark had beefed up security for his new bride and she'd assured him a million times this was what she wanted.

Jimmy's article had hit the streets the day before, making waves across the globe. The Inquisitor had played host to the wedding of the century just that morning. Sam had called to say he'd given a short statement praising his new son-in-law. Lucy was basking in the glow of her new relationship with Jimmy, too preoccupied to let the press bother her. The Kents were off on a book tour to promote Clark's new book. They had loved it and was more than thrilled for him to release it. Scott, Deb, and the rest of the gang had already been introduced to the press through their friendship with Clark, so the wedding was just a natural transition for them.

Lois grasped his hand as the doors of the elevator opened.

"Good morning, Mr. and Mrs. Kent," came the friendly voice of the doorman.

"Good morning," they returned in unison.

"It's a mob out there," he told them as he moved to hold the door.

"We have to face them sometime," Clark replied.

"Yes, sir!" And with that he pulled the door open.

The flashes began immediately, but when Lois and Clark stepped out onto the sidewalk, they were given a wide berth.

"Congratulations, Superman," came a voice from the crowd.

"Congratulations, Mr. Kent," came another voice.

"Congratulation, Ms. Lane." The voice of Howard Nunk caused the crowd to become completely silent.

"Thank you, Mr. Nunk," Lois replied.

The silence lasted only a second before the questions started.

"How does it feel being married to Superman?"

"Where did you get married?" That bit was not revealed to the public.

"Why didn't you invite the press?"

"Will Lois help you campaign for good?"

"Should we refer to you as Ms. Lane or Mrs. Kent?"

Question after question was fired at them.

"How was the honeymoon?"

"Super," Lois spoke up, causing everyone to laugh.

Clark held up his hand. "If you'll allow us, we'll give you a statement." He waited for everyone to get quiet. "We chose for our ceremony to be private and that's the way it will stay. You've all read the coverage in the Planet and the Inquisitor. Lois and I will live here in the penthouse, but after the new wears off, I'd appreciate you guys leaving us alone. We're just like every other couple. We love each other passionately and we'd like to have time to grow comfortable in our new life. And yes, the honeymoon was super." He grinned down at Lois. "My wife will have to answer the questions pertaining to her. I wouldn't presume to answer for her."

"Good boy," came the reply of a female reporter in the crowd, causing another round of laughter.

"It feels wonderful being married to Clark. To me, that's who he is. Superman is just what he can do."

"And I have to speak up and tell you all that she whipped Superman's butt in a snowball fight over Christmas."

More laughter.

"I will help Superman as much as I can, but art is my passion. I've begun painting again and I'll continue to promote other artists through my gallery. In the art world, I'm Lois Lane. In my husband's world, I'm Lois Kent."

"Okay, guys, that's enough for today. I've got a new book to promote and Lois has a gallery to open." Clark pulled Lois out onto the sidewalk, out from under the canopy on the building.

"How do like your ride to work?" came another question.

"It's the only way to travel," Lois told them as she wrapped her arms around Clark's neck and he lifted them into the air. The flashes continued as they left the ground behind.

"Still sure?"

"I'm right where I want to be," Lois assured him. "In your arms." She smiled up at him.

"You know, I'm glad I wondered into that little gallery on Market Row that day," Clark replied as he held her close.

"Me, too, honey. Me, too."

(end)