Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#71467 05/02/10 12:03 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Re the hospitals. There is an underground passage that links the two hospitals. I don't know if Geelong players (or anyone) actually use the tunnel as described.

Thanks,

Corrina.

#71468 05/02/10 03:48 AM
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Ah, we finally find out what Rubber means! I like your explanation better than what the others suggested, expecially since it wasn't embarrasing.

Great part and still looking forward to the rest smile1

#71469 05/02/10 04:33 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
*Happy sigh* I love a good WAFFy read. Thank you!

I never would have gotten the real explanation for Clark's nickname; at least not without having engaged in an Internet search which I really didn't want to conduct. (I can only imagine the sort of pages that might show up if I were to conduct a search with "rubber" as one of the search terms...) But the explanation does make perfect sense, once you know about the company.

Thanks also for including the picture links. They give me a much better feel for the locale. I've taken to following the links before I even read the story parts, for that very reason.

cheers,
Lynn

#71470 05/02/10 06:46 AM
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
i'm all warm and fuzzy now too. love this!

#71471 05/02/10 11:05 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! blush

Clark's totally besotted with Lois clap

Clark Rubber laugh Now that you could only figure out if you know about Clark Rubber laugh

I did notice that you keep pushing Clark's first visual footy experience away, part after part. Not that I mind but it feels like a build-up to something.

Michael

PS: I'm not embarrassed to ask again if you're already finished typing this up so EOD could commence. spider

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#71472 05/02/10 01:12 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I, too, absolutely loved the waff here!!! sloppy sloppy sloppy

It is interesting how the first tiny steps toward what might later become intimacy are so charged with electricity and meaning and sweetness. I loved how they dipped their feet into the cold water together, and how Clark used his powers rather daringly to warm Lois's feet up. And of course, I love how Lois made Clark admit what he had thought that his nickname meant, and how she told him the truth about it.

(Interesting, to me "rubber" means an eraser. I once asked an American girl I was sitting next to if she could lend me a "rubber", and I couldn't understand why she looked so embarrassed and offended!)

I loved the pictures you included from Geelong, especially the panorama view. But Corrina, didn't you know it would drive me crazy to see a number of bright stars in the sky of that picture and not be able to identify them? wink

Looking forward to the next chapter!

Ann

#71473 05/04/10 12:44 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
DW Thanks - if you've never heard of Clark Rubber, it wasn't something you were going to work out. smile

Lynn LOL to google search for 'rubber'.

Glad you like the picture links. Thanks for your FDK!

Sarah Yeah, this part was a little taste of WAFF - so glad you enjoyed it. Thanks.

Michael

I did notice that you keep pushing Clark's first visual footy experience away, part after part.
It's just that I take so long to move through the days. Clark's only been there for three days, and I've needed five parts.

PS: I'm not embarrassed to ask again if you're already finished typing this up so EOD could commence.
I'm working on Part 17. I've been writing about 2 parts a week. I estimate there could be about 12 parts left, so it's going to take another 6 weeks to finish. In other words, thanks for asking, but sorry, Michael, EOD posting isn't going to happen just yet smile

Thanks, Michael.

Ann

It is interesting how the first tiny steps toward what might later become intimacy are so charged with electricity and meaning and sweetness.
I agree. It's easy to want them to move on quickly, but then we miss out on so much good stuff just getting there.

Ah ... stars. The Southern Cross?? Sorry, I know very little about astronomy.

Thanks for the FDK, Ann.

Corrina.

#71474 05/04/10 04:21 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Another great part.

Was hoping Rubber would have been something to make Clark blush.

Love the connection between Lois and Clark

#71475 05/04/10 09:41 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It's just that I take so long to move through the days. Clark's only been there for three days, and I've needed five parts.
That's more than half a day per part. That's really fast. /mutters about a story that took fifteen (?) parts to detail the events of one evening./

Michael, waiting (im-)patiently... wink

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

#71476 05/04/10 04:44 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi Corrina, grumble ) I have been following it and am enjoying it very much.

I thoroughly enjoyed this part. I liked Lois’s approach to investigating. I was also able to appreciate the seriousness that she brings to both her interest and her reporting of footy.

Obviously, I loved the developments at the beach. twins Up until now, I was convinced that Lois was in a relationship with Scardino. Now I’m much less sure. She was clearly reacting to Dan’s absence earlier on in the story but it sure seemed to me that the interest at the beach was mutual. I’m starting to think that perhaps there was a reason that Danno took off to the US. Clark was running away from Mayson. Was Danno also running away? (I hope so!!!)

And what is Clark going to do about Superman’s pending relocation? Should he be making some appearances in Metropolis? Of course, he could announce that he feels unappreciated in Metropolis and start a round-the-world search for a new city. How about appearances in:
London
Paris
Moscow
Dehli
Tokyo
Melbourne!!!
And there he might meet a footy reporter… love

Bob

#71477 05/04/10 04:49 PM
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
going through withdrawal now...it could be the lack of sleep now that i'm finishing up with final exams...
come back and post, please?

#71478 05/05/10 12:18 PM
T
Blogger
Blogger
T
I'm absolutely gobsmacked.

Somehow I hadn't paid attention when you first started posting this story, and so when I saw #5 I went back to the beginning. This is fantastic! I'm learning so much and love, love, loving the story! Wow. Great job!

The dialogue, in particular, is really fun, hearing the terminology differences and navigating it with Clark.

thumbsup

#71479 05/06/10 11:55 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Seme Thanks. Clark blushing? Maybe - though not over his nickname.

Michael Six parts, three days. At this rate, three months = 180 parts!! dizzy

Bob I like some of your speculation Bob. Thanks for taking the time to read and leave some FDK.

Sarah Six is up now! Thanks.

The Source It's always good to hear that when someone reads multiple parts, it still makes sense. Thanks for your comments.

Corrina.

#71480 05/09/10 09:04 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, cool. 180 parts? hyper Now you have to start posting EOD because even then it's going to be a year-long ride clap Although, I have no idea how Labby's going to find a GE for an 180 parts story evil

Michael

PS: Yes, I remember you mentioning 30-pdd parts a part or two ago blush

#71481 05/10/10 01:58 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I really appreciate your enthusiasm, Michael. Latest estimate is 30-34 parts.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard