Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
I read Debbie Stark's delightful work Shortest L&C Story Ever and took it as a challenge. I didn't think I could come up with a story shorter than 14 words using a regular narrative style, so I decided to go for a haiku instead. I trimmed four words off her record. (Admittedly my story isn't as funny, though.)

- Lynn

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I think this would make a great challenge, especially for those FoLCs who do not write often (like me).

And yours did a great job of forming a picture in my mind.

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by cookiesmom:
I think this would make a great challenge, especially for those FoLCs who do not write often (like me).
Then by all means consider the challenge made...This is like a variation of the old "Name That Tune" game show, in which one contestant would say, "I can Name That Tune in X notes!" and the other contestant would either claim to be able to name it in fewer than X notes or else issue the challenge, "Name that tune!"

So...I can Write That Story in ten words! Anyone for nine or fewer? smile

cheers,
Lynn

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I love the perfect haiku style of it.

I googled "haiku" to find a picture to go with this poem. I came up with this woman who reminds me somewhat of a Japanese Lois, although she does look more like a geisha than a reporter who would be annoyed because the papers on her desk are being scattered.

[Linked Image]

Ann

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by TOC:
I love the perfect haiku style of it.
I came up with this woman who reminds me somewhat of a Japanese Lois,
Definitely first season Lois. (I can imagine Tank reaching for the virtual scissors even as I type...)

BTW, I wasn't sure whether to subtitle this
"A LnC Haiku" or "An LnC Haiku". Do you all read "LnC" as the names of the three letters, do you read it as "L and C," or do you expand it in your mind to read it as "Lois and Clark"? From my choice of indefinite article, you can deduce how I read it...

Just curious...

- Lynn

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Aw, that was cute! smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard