Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Project Nemean Lion apparently doesn't involve spiders...Alas.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
lol. Great addition.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I guess I prefer Shelby the dog over spiders. Tell me, Deja Vu, did Shelby get its powers from kryptonite?

And has Luthor managed to give himself superpowers out of kryptonite? shock shock shock

And Keira Fisher is dead. Well, when she said that she wanted to look into who had torched the Sallya Technology Building and do it all on her own, without any help, that felt like a Star Trek moment to me. I remember that in the old Star Trek show from the sixties, Captain Kirk would order a couple of up-until-then-completely-unheard-of crew members to accompany him to the surface of a just-discovered planet, and you just knew that those crew members would not return. They were cannon fodder, whose deaths were important to bring home the dangers that threatened Captain Kirk, but so unknown that we couldn't possibly miss them when they were dead. Ah well.

I guess I like the idea of Clark with a dog. Something tells me that the dog will play an important role sooner or later in this fic, probably protecting Clark from Luthor. And then Clark, Lois and Shelby will set up house? Or maybe not, because Shelby will suffer its own Star Trek moment?

Ann

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Will this Lois also be allergic to Shelby?

Liked the part and Shelby must play an important part somewhere in the fic - wondering what that will be?

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It was fun waiting for each new OC to pop up and backtracking the name. The weird thing is, if you hadn't gotten that name-mix-up in the last part, I would have probably had this weird feeling of deja vu while reading, with the solution dangling just out of grasp. Keira Kightely especially, since her participation in Star Wars hasn't had that high a profile. And LOL for mixing names between OT and PT.

Okay, enough with the Star Wars geeking and on to Smallville. This one, I would not have guessed in a million years. Not on the LnC fanfic board wink But it did mean I came up with a picture of Keira:
[Linked Image]
And the idea of, hey, if she got herself exposed, too, she'd be invulnerable and the perfect girlfriend for touchophobic Clark.

And then you got the dumpster out. eek Btw, Ann's right. Massive Star Trek expendo-body alert.

Evil plot-twist warning:
Lois figured out that if Keira were allowed to acquire her powers, she would one day become a threat to Lois's own romantic destiny and so the intrepid reporter chose the only option she had and dumped Keira. evil

Wonder what's up with the subsidiary. The only reason Lex would do this, would be to circumvent antitrust laws because he wouldn't worry about the government fearing him becoming too powerful per-se. Not while he's the East-Coast's golden boy.

Okay, head's spinning now. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I'm pretty sure you put a lot of things in that part that have some bearing on where this story is going. And there is one other thing you keep mentioning that I'm certain is important, but I'm not going to comment on it until I find out if I'm right!

This story is getting more intriguing with every post!

Amber

D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Seme--
lol. Great addition.
Thanks. laugh

Ann--
I guess I prefer Shelby the dog over spiders. Tell me, Deja Vu, did Shelby get its powers from kryptonite?
laugh

They were cannon fodder, whose deaths were important to bring home the dangers that threatened Captain Kirk, but so unknown that we couldn't possibly miss them when they were dead.
Heh. I guess you're right. Keira was a redshirt, wasn't she? Guess right now's the part where I apologize for how bad I am at A-plot, haha. blush

I guess I like the idea of Clark with a dog.
I'm glad!

Or maybe not, because Shelby will suffer its own Star Trek moment?
That would make a lot of redshirt moments, wouldn't it?

DW--
Liked the part and Shelby must play an important part somewhere in the fic - wondering what that will be?
So many possibilities...

Michael--
It was fun waiting for each new OC to pop up and backtracking the name.
I'm glad! It was fun doing it.

The weird thing is, if you hadn't gotten that name-mix-up in the last part, I would have probably had this weird feeling of deja vu while reading, with the solution dangling just out of grasp.
Heh. The actors' real names are really engrained in my head, it seems!

Keira Kightely especially, since her participation in Star Wars hasn't had that high a profile. And LOL for mixing names between OT and PT.
Heh. I accidentally put "Keira Knightley" at one point. It's definitely been difficult keeping things straight!

Okay, enough with the Star Wars geeking and on to Smallville. This one, I would not have guessed in a million years. Not on the LnC fanfic board
Hahaha. I guess you're referring to Shelby. It was just something I really wanted to do, so I went ahead and did it!

Love the picture of "Keira."

And then you got the dumpster out.
Hahaha. Sorry. No super-powered Keira/Chloes here...

Btw, Ann's right. Massive Star Trek expendo-body alert.
Guess I could have let her live a little longer, eh? :p

Evil plot-twist warning:
Lois figured out that if Keira were allowed to acquire her powers, she would one day become a threat to Lois's own romantic destiny and so the intrepid reporter chose the only option she had and dumped Keira.
Hahaha. No dumpster diving allowed for Clark!

Amber--
And there is one other thing you keep mentioning that I'm certain is important, but I'm not going to comment on it until I find out if I'm right!
Well, now you've made me curious! :p

This story is getting more intriguing with every post!
I am glad to hear that!

--
Thanks for the feedback, folks!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I had to laugh at the "red shirt" comment - when you saw those guys on the show, beaming down to a planet with Capt. Kirk - you just knew they weren't going to make it back to the Enterprise.

And kudos for going in a totally new direction!

Still wondering: what's the big trauma in Clark's past; how can he convince Lois that Luthor is bad news; what's the scoop on Project Nemean Lion; has Lex gotten hold of any of Clark's DNA by some strange means - maybe he found the spaceship? Why hasn't the globe spoken to Clark yet? Will there be some thing that makes Clark decide that he can't keep exposing himself to meteor rock, that he has to be available at top potential at every moment?

Ah, so many questions!

D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
IolantheAlias--
I had to laugh at the "red shirt" comment - when you saw those guys on the show, beaming down to a planet with Capt. Kirk - you just knew they weren't going to make it back to the Enterprise.
Heheh. I rather like when they make fun of it in Galaxy Quest. laugh

And kudos for going in a totally new direction!
Thanks! It was fun.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard