Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Martha Kent is such a great character. K Callan did a wonderful job...

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Deciding to do a bit of reading, I picked up Crime and Punishment. I approached the end of the novel fairly swiftly, and I was just to the point where Raskolnikov confesses his crime to the police when there was a knock at the door. Frowning, I looked at my watch and saw that it was noon.
rotflol

I wish I could speed-read like Superman. He could knock out the 50-book challenge in a week or so.

I'm getting to where I'd like to knock some sense into Clark's head. I'm sure that Martha and Jonathan feel the same thing, but there is only so much you can do to influence your children when they become adults. You can't tell them what to do, you have to be more subtle about it. I am glad that Clark has decided not to use the Kryptonite just yet, because otherwise he would not be able to save Lois. I assume he will gradually come to realize that his powers are a good thing.

Wondering if there is any significance to the visitor from San Francisco . . .

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Originally posted by Cookiesmom:

I'm getting to where I'd like to knock some sense into Clark's head.
Me too. It's not that I don't feel sorry for Clark. I don't doubt that he has been through something horrible, and that he has horrified himself by something he has done by accident. On top of this Clark is carrying the existential burden of knowing, or at least believing, that he is forever a stranger in a strange land and the only one of his kind.

For all of that, I, too, would like to slap some sense into Clark. Clark, I have a diagnosis for you. You are sulking.

Mom turned around and noticed me, her face filling with delight. She set her dish aside and stepped forward to hug me. But I had set up rules against even my parents touching me—out of guilt, out of worry, out of sadness . . . or maybe something else.
This "something else" you are talking about is sulking, Clark. You are punishing yourself because you feel bad. But then you just have to punish other people too because you yourself are feeling bad. That's sulking. And it means that you are being stubborn. Clark, you aren't being very mature. I do feel sorry for you, I know you have been through something horrible, but your behaviour now isn't helping.

But, aha! Clark decided against irradiating himself with the shard this night, so that he could save Lois on the Prometheus as well as all the other passangers there the next morning if need be. Good, Clark! Now you are being mature and reasonable. Or maybe you are just falling in love? Hey, I'm not complaining! laugh

Ann

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Yeah, knocking sense into Clark sounds good!

Also, I'm guessing that the locket won't only stay closed for that night and I;m suspecting he might even later on use it less and less (or something like that)?

Now the question is - what will Lois think of the guy dressed in black when he swallows the bomb? Will she recognise him (a little) as he probably needs to pull of/ lift up the ski mask to swallow the bomb or will he simply turn his back and then swallow?

Can't wait for 10 smile

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Huh, you moved the launch to in the morning. Interesting. Just a random change or something more sinister? And Lois told Clark what she's about to do laugh

I opened my palm and let the locket inside fall against my chest. For tonight only, it would remain closed.
Then I'm hoping tomorrow is going to come soon wink

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Martha and Jonathan care. I wonder if Clark has ever told them what happened. It doesn't sound as if he's talked to anyone about this major trauma in his life.

And to cut himself off from touch... that's so wrong of him. He's definitely got the crazy thinking going on.

Hopefully, being around Lois will re-set his compass. And I'm glad he left the locket closed.

And won't Lois wonder why the locket was painted?

D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Thanks for the responses!

Cookiesmom--
I wish I could speed-read like Superman. He could knock out the 50-book challenge in a week or so.
Hahah. No kidding! Wouldn't that be awesome?

I'm getting to where I'd like to knock some sense into Clark's head. I'm sure that Martha and Jonathan feel the same thing, but there is only so much you can do to influence your children when they become adults. You can't tell them what to do, you have to be more subtle about it.
Exactly. Just have to try other methods, heh.

Wondering if there is any significance to the visitor from San Francisco . . .
To be honest, there isn't. It was just me trying to give a little extra detail and choosing a random big city. blush

Ann--
On top of this Clark is carrying the existential burden of knowing, or at least believing, that he is forever a stranger in a strange land and the only one of his kind.
Yeah, that definitely has to be hard.

For all of that, I, too, would like to slap some sense into Clark. Clark, I have a diagnosis for you. You are sulking.
LOL. Everything summed down to one word.

Good, Clark! Now you are being mature and reasonable. Or maybe you are just falling in love? Hey, I'm not complaining!
Hahaha. Love causing someone to act more mature? Guess that it's usually the reverse of that, heh, if Shakespeare's plays are to be believed.

DW--
Can't wait for 10
Hurrah!

Michael--
Huh, you moved the launch to in the morning. Interesting. Just a random change or something more sinister?
I honestly was just trying to go off the script in regard to time, heh. The script has the launch at dawn. I can't remember what the actual episode has it as...I guess I just assumed it was something similar.

BTW, that apartment-scene was great but she never did get to see Clark nine, erm... naked.
LOL.

And then Lois tries to kick him where it is supposed to hurt, yelling 'terrorist on board!'
Hahahahaha.

IolantheAlias--
He's definitely got the crazy thinking going on.
LOL. He does, at that...

Thanks again for your responses. laugh

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard