Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
And so, some answers come...

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow, it'll be interesting if Clark's warning saves Platt, given all the people who *have* died in this story and not the original. And Platt's wife is dead? That's a mysterious change; I'm sure you'll get into it at some point....

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
To me, the big mystery here is what has happened in Clark's past which has made him irradiate himself with kryptonite all the time.
Finally, I braced myself against the stall, using it as support. I tried to think about the picture nestled in the locket. I always attempted to think of happier things whenever I exposed that photograph to the world.
Happier times, eh? And they ended, more or less, when he was ten?
“Nice locket. Is that some kind of weird farmboy tradition, wearing girls’ jewelry?”

Gritting my teeth and knowing the jab wasn’t exactly undeserved, I told her, “It was my grandmother’s.”

“Oh.” She didn’t seem to know what to think, and part of me wondered if I should have been proud that I had brought her to the point of speechlessness.

I could have just left it at that, but I didn’t. “Not that you care, but I was close to her until she died when I was ten . . . . Her picture is inside it.”
His grandmother died when he was ten. Her picture is in the locket. Surely he didn't have anything to do with her death? His powers wouldn't have begun manifesting themselves when he was ten, would they?

But I do believe he killed someone, and that's why he is using that kryptonite on himself all the time. He reminds me of a monk who keeps beating himself up with a whip to do repentance. It's interesting that he sees himself as such a force of evil, although I'll admit that it must have been such an awful shock to lose control of oneself and kill another person. But think of all the people you might have saved if you had had your powers, Clark!

I worry about Platt and the colonists, and I'm not particularly looking forward to the White Orchid Ball. I hated how Lois was taken in by Luthor in the show. Can I hope she will be a bit smarter here?

Ann

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I like the way you have turned so many things around.

Hmmm, Clark's grandmother died when he was ten, so unless his powers came in very early in this version, he can't be feeling guilty over hurting her. But he obviously is willing to torture himself over something. I'm not going to try to guess where this is going, I'll just wait anxiously for the next chapter.

hyper hyper hyper

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Intriguing and so many possibilities ... guess we'll have to wait to see how the story goes!

Can't wait for the next part smile1

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Interesting to see Platt's wife is dead. Wonder how this is going to become significant.

And the theories have become fact! clap Of course, now that CLark is going to take frequent hits and will look unwell from time to time, rumors could easily spread about drug habits, etc.

And in the next part, we will learn whether it really was Lex Luthor. Although, it's just 2 days since he was shot. He shouldn't be up and about again so soon. But if it wasn't Luthor, then Lois will dance with him and Clark won't be able to interfere.

Oh the intrigue clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Thank you for the feedback, everyone. It's been a rough week, and this was certainly a bright spot.

AmyPrime-- It's been interesting making little changes here and there. Some are significant, and some aren't, but I wanted to add just a little bit of a different "feel."

Ann--
To me, the big mystery here is what has happened in Clark's past which has made him irradiate himself with kryptonite all the time.
That is the big question, isn't it?

As for Luthor, well, I guess that will be revealed in time....

cookiesmom--
I like the way you have turned so many things around.
I'm glad! It's kind of hard to do an episode rewrite when there are certain things you want to keep the same...

DW--
Intriguing and so many possibilities ... guess we'll have to wait to see how the story goes!
That's the great things about fanfiction-- the possibilities!

Michael--
And the theories have become fact!
Hahaha. Yep!!

Oh the intrigue
Heh heh. Well, I hope I don't disappoint!

Thanks again, folks!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard