Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
A short, silly crossover of a vignette. The thought of a vampire (It could have been any vampire, really; I just chose Janette because I enjoy the show Forever Knight) getting a toothache from trying to draw blood from Clark just struck my funny bone.

Feedback is, as always, welcomed.

cheers,
Lynn

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
So funny! Clark vs. vampire ends in a draw, except vampire doesn't draw Clark's blood, but may have to have its incisors pulled instead due to a Clark-induced toothache! rotflol

(I wonder if there are false teeth to be had for vampires?) laugh

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm guess these vampires are 'natural' as opposed to 'vile magic'?

Since Clark is susceptible to magic... peep

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by Dandello:
I'm guess these vampires are 'natural' as opposed to 'vile magic'?
Forever Knight never discusses the origin of the first vampire. Subsequent vampires are made by being bitten by a vampire who does not entirely drain you of blood. The protagonist of the show was a reluctant vampire trying to go "cold turkey" on human blood (he drank cow's blood for nourishment) because of the moral issues. Although he struggled with it the way a recovering alcoholic or a drug addict would struggle with staying on the wagon if surrounded by their substance of choice, the fact that he was attempting, even if with only mixed success, to stop would make me lean toward the "natural causes" type of explanation.

But to be completely honest, I tend to forget the "vile magic" parts of the LnC show, since I really don't like those episodes...

cheers,
Lynn

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
But to be completely honest, I tend to forget the "vile magic" parts of the LnC show, since I really don't like those episodes...
And if you don't like the "vile magic" aspect of the LnC show and the LnC universe, then the vampire in your fic, who lives in your version of the LnC universe, doesn't possess any such magic. smile

Ann

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by TOC:
And if you don't like the "vile magic" aspect of the LnC show and the LnC universe, then the vampire in your fic, who lives in your version of the LnC universe, doesn't possess any such magic. smile
That works for me. :-)

I am sure that Forever Knight intentionally left that topic open to personal interpretation; but to me, it always seemed that vampirism was almost like a virus that changed one's nutritional requirements and had some positive side effects (enhanced strength, for example). One's basic personality seemed to remain unchanged, except for the natural consequences of having to survive by killing humans. (The Forever Knight vampires considered themselves to be a different species, for what that is worth.) I will say that the protagonist considered himself to be damned for being a vampire, but he seemed to be alone among vampires in that belief. I see his view as saying more about his character than it does about the essence of vampires in general in the FK universe.

But Ann is right -- in my interpretation of the FK universe, at least, there is no vile magic...

cheers,
Lynn

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard