Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Kerth
Kerth
Lovely finish to a wonderful fic, Bob.

I had always been expecting M&J to return, so I would have been surprised if they didn't.

Thanks for writing this smile

Corrina.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I agree that M&J will be great to have along in the sequel! thumbsup

And of course we need a sequel, because there are so many loose ends here - like, what happened to Luthor? (Or did you have him captured or killed, Bob, and I missed it??)

Of course, I, too, think that A-plots are overrated and B-plots underrated, but there is so much potential for a fantastic B-plot in a sequel! hyper

Ann

Blogger
Blogger
One last thing (I think):
Originally posted by bobbart:
I meant to respond to this but I missed it:
I was also thrilled to discover an "aggressive verisimilitude" in your work...
I love that stuff. The original reason I started writing was to present my KE ideas for Superman's powers.
The verisimilitude also resonates with this engineer. Suspension of disbelief should not be a challenge. Things have to make sense for me. I really love that your stories have thoughtfully explanations of things and characters who actually think things through.

Also:
I love this relationship and have a hard time staying away from it. A-plot is overrated anyway.
I suspect that a lot of people here feel that way. It may explain why L&C:TNAOS fanfic boards are still so active *13 YEARS* after the end of the series, while Movieverse fics have slowed to barely a trickle a mere 4 years after the last film's release. I love the A-Plot and the Movieverse, but I think the L&C:TNAOS B-Plot (the L&C Relationship) is what keeps people emotionally engaged with the characters and inspires the muses in this fandom.

-Brian

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Originally posted by Bobbart:

And as for the Lois and Clark relationship. She really did save him. But he was saving her as well.
Absolutely! Not only did he save her life by lessening the impact of Nightfall, but he saved her emotionally, too, by saving her from Luthor and giving her himself!

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I have to ask. Was this for M&J or for the floating? Or what probably happened prior to the floating?
Um... no, with 'ending' referring to part 26 in general as the ending of this story blush

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
EvelynC:
Thank you. I love happy endings. And while I was struggling with the “artistic necessity” of how to end this story, I was glad to find a reason to go with the more upbeat finish.

I showed your response to Bev. She laughed and pointed out that good things always happen when I listen to her. But then I’ve known that for 29 years.

Corrina:
I was fairly sure that many readers would have figured out that I might end up with M&J alive. I’m glad I didn’t disappoint you.

Ann:
Lex is still out there. He disappeared into the Metropolis sewers and hasn’t been seen.

As for the sequel, I see almost too much A and B plot potential. Unfortunately, as I said earlier I don’t see any development happening for a while. I need some recovery time.

Brian:
I would rather hand no explanation at all than a really bad explanation. For example, I’ve always hated the “higher molecular density” explanation for Superman’s powers. You could almost explain his invulnerability with something like that, but then he would have to weigh haw many thousands of pounds. Also, how do you reconcile invulnerability with human-feeling soft skin?

Just last night I watched “The Core.” It’s always a movie that pops up on my “worst science in a movie” list. (But to be honest, I enjoy it in spite of the stupidity of the science.)

As for the B-plot factor in the strength and longevity of this fandom, I absolutely agree. In many cases the stories in LnC were as weak as any show but they achieved a chemistry in the relationship that transcended the stories. (At least, that is my opinion.) That’s the magic that has me here and convinced this old number crunching software engineer to try writing relationship-driven fiction.

Michael:
Thanks. Sorry for the confusion.

Again, thank you all for the wonderful comments. It has all been so nice that – even though I can hardly believe it – ideas for the sequel are actually swirling in my mind.

But it will be a while. smile

Bob

rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Unresolved Issues: 1. Where were Martha and Jonathan?
The Elder Kents: I knew right from the beginning that there was no place for them in this story. In fact, in the initial draft they did die. The Fabulous Beverly didn’t like that answer and convinced me that all that was really necessary for this story was for them to be missing.
I was afraid you were going to kill them off for real, but hoped thatyou would not. Though exploring the depths of clark's pain and anger when he realized that they were gone would be a task. As someone else said, he is the King of "If only". I don't know what his reaction will be when it really hits him that 100 million people died because he didn't forsee the future.

In my eagerness to believe that M&J were not dead, my thought was that they had left Smallville immediately upon learning that Superman did not make it back. Probably were majorly sidetracked in Kansas City. Knowing those two, they stopped to help despite the fact they desperately wanted to find Clark. Maybe they couldn't get out of or around Kansas City. But I felt that they were helping somewhere because that is just who they are and who they taught their son to be.

Excellent story!

thanks!

rkn
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi, rkn. wave

I don't know what his reaction will be when it really hits him that 100 million people died because he didn't forsee the future.
When I first considered a sequel, my first thought was that it would be a relatively simple "Superman Returns" story. However, I quickly realized that part of the challenge would be to see how Clark dealt with those people who were going to blame Superman for the Nightfall disaster. It was only when I was well into SkyFall that I realized that there would be two sides to that problem.

Framing the next story may prove to be a daunting task. I'm afraid that it may be a very serious tale.

Thanks for the note.
Bob

Columnist
Columnist
This was splendid! I'm glad that trailer video led me here! lol

Would love to know if there was ever/still will be a sequel that covers those points you discussed in the end.

Great job!

.talk nerdy to me.
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi, MrsLuthor.

I had almost forgotten that I had promised a sequel. Well, I dug out my notes yesterday and am going to spend some time this week making another run at the rest of the story. (Or at least getting started on it. smile )

Having looked at my notes, I now remember why this never got anywhere. I know the story that I want to tell - and I think it's a good story - but I'm not sure I can do it justice. However, I am going to do my best to bring it together.

Thank you for the note.
Wish me luck...
Bob

Columnist
Columnist
Hi, MrsLuthor.

I had almost forgotten that I had promised a sequel. Well, I dug out my notes yesterday and am going to spend some time this week making another run at the rest of the story. (Or at least getting started on it. smile )

Having looked at my notes, I now remember why this never got anywhere. I know the story that I want to tell - and I think it's a good story - but I'm not sure I can do it justice. However, I am going to do my best to bring it together.

Thank you for the note.
Wish me luck...
Bob
Def. understand that! Good luck & I'm really looking forward to reading what you come up with! I'm sure you're just being hard on yourself. smile

.talk nerdy to me.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, I dug out my notes yesterday and am going to spend some time this week making another run at the rest of the story. (Or at least getting started on it. smile )
YAY! hyper hyper hyper

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A sequel! Yay! thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard