Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Ok, according to this new family tree, Utopa would be founded by Lois and her gene pool and Jonathan and his gene pool-no Clark/Superman genes.Poor Clark. He is really, really alone.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
wow... that just went in a whole different direction! i agree with others' comments/reactions.... the ick factor, the fact that the child still wouldn't be clark's biological child.

they both seem so suited to be mentors to the teens, I think they would make great foster/ adoptive parents. esp. from clark's POV, having been adopted himself by the kents.

personally, i think it would be very difficult: having considered jonathan as a father figure all these years, to have him as the father of your child...and for the child growing up, as he/she learns about his/her biological origins.

regardless of their decision, I'm loving the fact that I'm being constantly surprised by the twists/turns of your story... with vivienne, then the fire, and now the kents' news... hmm, so there'll be 2 more installments to look fwd to??

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
When's the next chapter up? After reading all this FDK I'm dying to read the next part.

hyper
Elizabeth

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Working on it now - possibly half an hour.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wonderful! Thank you!

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Ann, your post has a lot of phrases such as 'the unspoken implication,' 'I think,' and 'in my opinion.'

I wrote the fic, you have interpreted it a certain way. I don't agree with your conclusions, you don't agree with how I wrote the fic.

No problems - it would be a boring world if we all agreed with each other all the time.

SJH - you said
Poor Clark. He is really, really alone.
That was one of themes of this fic. I think it gets overlooked far too often. It cannot be easy being the only one of your kind - even when it comes with certain advantages.

Thanks for you comments, flowerpot.

Corrina.

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I really do not have an easy answer. I guess a big part of me has not figured out exactly why means could not be found to make Clark the biological father. Maybe his sperm will not naturally join with human, but why not artificially.

On the other hand, I guess for the purposes of this story I have to accept that won't work.

I have to go with Evelyn and say adoption is the better option. Especially as pointed out, if they try to pass the child off as their biological child people will have a high probability of thinking Lois was cheating on Clark.

Maybe the local adoption agency hates them, and they could not adopt in New Troy. However even there, there are probably multiple adoption agencies. However International adoptions are always an option. If Lois can avoid getting kidnapped for a year as editor, she can make adoption meetings work. It is all about priorities.

Of course I have to admit I do not worry too much about the issue here. I start with the religious view that a sentient being from another planet would be biologically compatible enough with an earth-human to reproduce, and expect things to work out. I know that is a cop out of the real issues, but it is what I figure the situation would really be.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
With the above discussion of fertility cycles, this explains why I have known so many women who went back to school to get advanced degrees after having children. It is really tough even then for other reasons, but it may be the best way to balance getting an advanced degree and having children.

On the other hand I have to admit that I am more conflicted about this than some people. In Tonga there are people who have children to then give them away to their relatives who can't. I guess that is a little different than the issues of articficial insemination an in vitro fertilization, but I do have to say that biological parentage is not the only possibility. "descendants" are not neccesarily biological ones, especially if you hold them out as your biological children. Wells might not have even known the child was not Clark's. People might just assume that the thinks that create Superpowers do not activate with a half-kryptonian child.

John Pack Lambert
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard