OP Offline
Top Banana
smile1 Only three chapters to go. smile1

Comments here please.

Bob

Kerth
Kerth
Bob, Bob, that was beautiful.

I read chapter 22 late last night and decided I was too tired to leave any FDK worthy of the amazing end you gave us to that part.

And this part was just as good. The start was fantastic, the end was even better and the confusion in the middle was the perfect lead-in to the final few paragraphs.

Lois got out of bed and headed across the room.
smile1 smile1 smile1 smile1 smile1 smile1 smile1 smile1 smile1 smile1

And Cat ... who would have thought she could be so nice?

This fic just keeps getting better, Bob.

Corrina.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
That's wonderful, Bob! sloppy sloppy sloppy

We are used to thinking that Clark needs Lois. But the Clark you have created, with most of his memories gone and his incorruptible, instinctive love for Lois as the one thing, really, that grounds him, the idea of Clark losing Lois was incredibly painful to me. I have to tell you that I don't often feel so strongly about Clark's need for Lois, so I just want you to know how much your fic has touched me.

And I'm so glad that Lois said yes! Yes to marrying Clark! sloppy sloppy sloppy

This, however, is my favorite quote from this part:

Everything happened last night. Sure, we didn't have…we weren't intimate last night. But something much more important happened. You told me that you loved me. That's far more important than…sex.”

“I never! Clark Kent, if you think I said those words you were dreaming.”

“No, you didn't say it with words. You said it with actions. I was out of it yesterday but I remember everything clearly. I remember how you took care of me. I remember how you kept me going. And I remember how you slept with me, with no sex on the menu, to keep me from being alone when the single thing I needed the most was to not be alone. When I woke up this morning and found you there, it was wonderful. But the best part of all was that I woke up with the woman I love knowing that despite her fears, she loved me.”
That's wonderful! Thank you!

Ann

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Good part. Now we need the rest, ASAP.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
When he woke up the next morning, Clark thought that his senses must not be working right. The temperature in the bed seemed to be warmer than it should. As his awareness of his surroundings grew, he realized that his right hand wasn't touching the fabric of the sheets on his bed. A slight movement of his fingers verified that this wasn't cloth at all, he was touching skin. And it wasn't his.
laugh

The entire waking up bit was just too cute clap

And finally, what in the world had she been she thinking this morning? Lois had always thought that if she ever woke up in bed with a man that she wasn’t either married to, or at least seriously involved with, it would be a race to see who could leave quickest and pretend nothing ever happened. But, no. Instead of jumping out of bed and running, she had encouraged him. Joking about morning breath and kissing. Several times too! What in the world had come over her? She *never* woke up in a good mood.
Ooh, intrigue!

She was so busy watching his smile that she almost missed his hand reaching toward hers. Before his hand could make contact, she pulled her had away and said briskly, “I have a lot of work to do today.” In a deliberately dismissive action, she turned back to her workstation and when through the motions of work. Out of the corner of her eye she noticed that Clark stood there for a few seconds and then turned away and went back to his desk. She didn’t have to see his face to know she’d hurt him. Well, better a little pain now than worse later.
Hmm… Given Clark’s memory loss, Lois’s reaction makes her really cruel to him. All he know are his feelings for Lois and that she’s been there for him since day one. Now she shuts down and leaves him handing. mad

Cat was nice eek

One was that they had finally slept together and Clark was such a loser in bed that Lois was looking for a way out as quickly as possible.
laugh Well, he did forget everything he knew. And no one knows he didn’t know before, either laugh

Lois had even noticed that some of the more adventurous, or possibly simply more aggressive young women that worked in various roles for the Planet, suddenly developed excuses to talk with Clark today.
Interesting. They probably must subscribe to the second theory and are now trying to comfort him.

Clark paused as if gathering himself. “Lois, will you marry me?”
clap I saw never saw the second half of this part coming shock

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi all,

I hope everyone could tolerate my “Lois’s last gasp of relationship reluctance.” I felt like we had to have a “Lois slams the door” moment in this story. Like their date in “Lucky Leon”, everything was going too perfectly.

I wanted to look at the extreme of Lois behaviors. She was playful and affectionate when they woke up in bed. On the way to work, the fear hit her and she flipped into full retreat mode. She didn’t mean to hurt Clark. She was just so scared she didn’t realize what she was doing.

I had fun having Cat play the “good guy.” I’ve always loved the version of Cat that appears in Margaret Brignell’s “Only You: Fantasy”. I’ve always felt that even canon Cat has a lot of potential for more mature behavior. I tend to think that much of her public face is just as much the real person as Superman’s suit is for Clark. It’s a mask that allows her to do her job.

Clark has always needed Lois way more than he ever shows. I would argue that the big difference between my Clark and canon Clark is that without his memories and fears to get in the way, he can see how important Lois is to him.

As for Clark’s proposal, it was part “act of desperation” and part realizing that Lois’s reaction during the day really was nothing more than fear. More than anything else it was Clark looking for a way to get Lois to move in some direction.

Thank you all for the feedback. I hope the last few chapters will be entertaining. Chapter 24 will be up shortly.

Bob

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard