Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Comments here.

Thanks.

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Lois is a fighter, and now she knows that she may have to fight to win Clark back. That is good, because now I don't expect her to passively accept Clark's idiocy.

Looking forward to the next part.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
When she’d told him on that park bench that she only loved him as a friend ... his love had survived that.

When she’d gone perilously close to marrying Lex Luthor ... his love had survived that.

When she’d gotten so hurt and angry after his proposal had morphed into an earth-shattering revelation ... his love had survived that.

When she’d been swapped for a clone and he’d married a sham bride ... his love had survived that.

When she’d lost her memory and told him she was in love with a kooky psychiatrist ... his love had survived that.

When Zara and Ching had come and urged him to accompany them to New Krypton ... his love for Lois Lane had only grown stronger.

The one absolute in her life – a life that often spiralled way beyond weird – was Clark’s love for her.
1. This is really sweet.
2. The TV writers sure wrote some crazy stuff on the show, didn't they? wink

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Great part. I loved how you shared Lois' thought processes and insights and aha moments. Clark might have had a lunkhead moment thinking divorce is the answer but it seems he has tried in the past to work with Lois on their life together.

Did she do what her father did and ignored everyone for the sake of the job.

I am glad she is finally figuring out what she has done.

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com

robinson
R
Rac Offline
Columnist
Columnist
R
Excellent part, Corrina. I, too, am glad to see that Lois is realizing just what she's done to her marriage. She's done her level best to encourage the belief that Clark does not come first in her life. No matter how big an idiot Clark is (and here, he's being an enormous, thundering dolt), he's not wrong in believing that Lois is using work to distract her from her home life.

I have nothing against Lucy Lane, but perhaps her horrible marriage to Dan and his loutish behavior are exactly what Lois and Clark need to realize what they have and how much pain you can cause someone who loves you when your words and actions don't make clear that they come first in your life.

Oh, and Dan Scardino sucks. Period. wink I am having a tough time seeing him married to Lucy. Going after one sister and then the other is a bit weird, especially since he was so obviously crazy about Lois.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Ditto what everyone else has said. I'm very glad to see Lois realizing what has happened to her marriage, and determined to change it.

Although staying late at the office to mull over the harmful effect that staying late at the office is having on her marriage seems a strange way to begin fixing things!

You did an excellent job of describing Lois's realization of how lonely Clark must have been during all this. And her realization that Clark's love is not easily detered. That's a start. I can't wait to see what she plans to do about it!

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Yeah, ditto to what everyone said.

You really bring across the emotions Lois and Clark feels really well ... Will Lois fight to save her marriage? Will Clark realize that divorce is not going to solve the problem(s)?

Looking forward to the next part smile

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Another fine part clap

“Aww, Clark,” Lois muttered. “I still love you. Please know that.”
huh

I just can't help it but for now, I just keep reading between the lines the buildup to Lois realizing Clark's pulling away and then forming all the wrong conclusions. spider

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
are you promising a happy ending? cuz i think i'm gonna need to stop reading this now...so sad.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
are you promising a happy ending? cuz i think i'm gonna need to stop reading this now...so sad.
No! No! Don't stop reading! Yes, there is angst and sadness, but it'll get better. And the fic is so rewarding!

/must remain silent as to actual happenings due to beta oath, but will give wink-and-nod that a happy ending might ensue/

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
cookiesmom You're right - now Lois has realised some of the situation, she can begin to try to fix it. Thanks for your FDK.

Iolanthe Thanks! Yep, they gave us plenty of scope for delving into the absurd.

Kathy Interesting take on her father - he *did* do that too, didn't he? Thanks.

Rac

Firstly, yes, Lucy and Dan are in this fic to support where I am trying to go with Lois and Clark.

Oh, and Dan Scardino sucks. Period. I am having a tough time seeing him married to Lucy. Going after one sister and then the other is a bit weird, especially since he was so obviously crazy about Lois.
I'm assuming there was a time break between sisters. Also, I saw Scardino as being charming and personable, but also a little shallow. That is what contrasted him with Clark.

Thanks for the comments.

Vicki

Although staying late at the office to mull over the harmful effect that staying late at the office is having on her marriage seems a strange way to begin fixing things!
LOL. She needed to think. And she'd already called home and knew Clark wasn't there.

Thanks, Vicki.

DW

Will Lois fight to save her marriage? Will Clark realize that divorce is not going to solve the problem(s)?
I think if the first one happens the second one will naturally follow.

Thanks.

Michael

I just can't help it but for now, I just keep reading between the lines the buildup to Lois realizing Clark's pulling away and then forming all the wrong conclusions.
Would I do that? wink

Sarah Thanks for continuing to read. I've just posted part 7 which is the beginning of happier times. And yes, you will get a happy ending.

Iolanthe wink wink

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard