bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Feedback here as usual. smile

Bob

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Awwww. That was a wonderful date!!!! laugh I thought it was cute the way they kept the game up.

I keep wondering if Dr. Plinkton or Dr. Klein will figure out the truth about Clark. Not to mention Lois!!

I still hope Martha and Jonathan made it. Or if they didn’t, I at least hope that Clark will recover memories of them.

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I started reading, but I just had to stop so I could comment on this:

“You mean that you might think about eating a chilidog at a football game and new memories will come flooding out?”
So Clark may need a version of Marcel Proust's Madeleine cookies and limeflower tea to remember, eh? wink

I'll be back after I've read more!

Ann

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Okay, I'm back! I just want to say that that was an adorable date. I'm delighted that Clark has begun to remember, and I'm really scared of what Lex might do (but then, I hate villains and don't much like A-plots).

Ann

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I thought the kiss with Lois might trigger more of Clark's memories, but it didn't. Delightful description of their first date!

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful part.
It was a wonderful feeling and familiar in a vague sort of way.
More clues for Lois about Clark's dual identity.
“He thought it was likely. His guess is that there may be other ‘key thoughts’ that might unlock more memories. Unfortunately, until I happen to think the right thing, there will be no way to know it’s going to trigger anything.”
  • Clipping file
  • old story notes
  • scrawled margin notes in the books in his apartment, especially the NON-English books,

Now would be a good time for Clark to start noticing he needs less sleep than Lois. This would give him the time he needs to work his way through this other material and the privacy when something does click.

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Now would be a good time for Clark to start noticing he needs less sleep than Lois.
Except, I'm thinking, that since Metropolis hasn't had a sunny day, and Clark still isn't close to getting his powers back, that right now he needs a lot of sleep so he can heal.

But you have a good idea. I wonder if Clark or Lois will think of it?

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Aww... Very nice date smile1 Fun!

Michael wave

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
A White Knight on her left and a farmer on her right. Both were waiting for her to go to one of them. But they only waited. They never competed or tried to be anything other than what they were. It was way over-the-top romantic but it did seem to fit.
Wow. That says a lot about Clark that he would think he has a chance against Superman.

As for the rest of the part, it was just lovely, Bob. I laughed when Lois had to spell it out for Clark that she wanted a real date with him. And I loved how they overcame the awkwardness of living together.

Corrina.

bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi everyone. I hope you enjoyed the WAFFY diversion from A-plot. I couldn’t let too many chapters go by without having another ending with a kiss.

Lcfan99:
I keep wondering if Dr. Plinkton or Dr. Klein will figure out the truth about Clark. Not to mention Lois!!
Well, remember that it’s only been 10 days since Nightfall. Lois has had the face-time and the opportunity but she’s convinced that Superman is dead so she's less likely to notice the clues. I’m following a lead that others have laid out before me. People see what they expect.

Ann:
So Clark may need a version of Marcel Proust's Madeleine cookies and limeflower tea to remember
I thought this made for a beautiful symmetry. If Clark thinks the right thought, some memories may return. However, without his memory he has no idea what might be special.
I hate villains and don't much like A-plots
I was thinking that my version of this would be: “I hate A-plots and don’t much like villains.” jump

c-mom:
I thought the kiss with Lois might trigger more of Clark's memories, but it didn't.
Too easy. devil But who knows what might do it… laugh

Framework4:
Now would be a good time for Clark to start noticing he needs less sleep than Lois.
Iolanthe hit it but I’ll verify. He has healed enough in the week since Nightfall that his injuries are not noteworthy on a day-to-day basis but he still has a ways to go.

In case it wasn’t obvious from context, his initial Kryptonite exposure was minimal. He only got enough to allow the nerve gas to work. However, when he crashed, the canister broke open and he got a massive exposure. That’s when he lost his powers. It took several days for his system to flush out all of the Kryptonite from that exposure. Then he has to heal. Unfortunately, because of the impact winter effect, there is no sunlight to boost his recovery.

Iolanthe:
Except, I'm thinking, that since Metropolis hasn't had a sunny day, and Clark still isn't close to getting his powers back, that right now he needs a lot of sleep so he can heal.
Bingo!

Michael:
Thanks, I’m glad you enjoyed it.

Corrina:
I laughed when Lois had to spell it out for Clark that she wanted a real date with him.
I couldn’t resist writing clueless Clark for that bit. I mean really, in S1 he really does act just about this bad much of the time.

Thanks everyone. We’ll have to see about getting back to that A-plot before too long.

Bob

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard