Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Feedback goes here.

Many thanks.

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh that was so sad! Excellent writing and I look forward to more soon. Can't wait to see where you are taking this. How often will you be posting? Hope we are going to work towards a happy ending after all the angst. frown

Cheers
Elizabeth

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Wow beautiful and so sad. Although this does sound like Clark's lunkhead move of breaking up with Lois for her own good. Of course they should both be hit over the head. As hard as this is for them not talking about it is so much worse.

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com

robinson
R
Rac Offline
Columnist
Columnist
R
Clark, you idiot!

Ah well, he's always been more noble than bright. It is wrenching, but utterly believable to see these two characters "suffering in silence," letting themselves be driven apart by what is missing in their lives. Unable to find the contentment they once knew in each other. With luck, Clark grew somewhat wiser in the intervening seven years and won't let this idiotic plan of his fester and develop for too long.

Great first post.

Rac

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
first - you're back!
now, this is going to get better, right? angst is one thing, sad is another, and i think i'll go cry now too. still looking forward to more!

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
woh! what?!?!? craziness.... clark, clark, clark what are you thinking?? <sigh> anxiously awaiting how they get out of this one... loved the 1st chapter smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
AAAAAAAAAAAASUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

LOVED the part about Martha as a mom, always able to anticipate when her son needs her.

But then Clark had to go and be the world's biggest lunkhead!!! whinging

You MUST follow a quick posting schedule so we can get to a happy ending. wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

Top Banana
Top Banana
B.A.M.R (Bob's Angst Meter Reading) - High
LOL

But, seriously, thank you - I'm one of those who has difficulty with high angst, too, so I really appreciate the warning.

So now I'm curious - a BAMR but no Tank ending warning. ummmm

c.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What a heart-wrenching set-up. I love you're writing. This is really a great beginning for another wonderful story. I do hope for a happy ending, though laugh wink

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Ahh, that was so sad sad

Hopefully Lois won't accept the divorce or maybe she will get the papers in the mail unexpectedly ...

Hopefully it will end well, right?

More soon please!

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks for the FDK smile1

Elizabeth

How often will you be posting?
The plan is to post somewhere between daily and EOD.

Yes, it is sad. frown Thanks for your comments, Elizabeth.

Kathy

Although this does sound like Clark's lunkhead move of breaking up with Lois for her own good.
Exactly. I'm borrowing heavily from that.

Thanks, Kathy.

Rac

Ah well, he's always been more noble than bright.
Loved that comment. laugh

Thanks Rac, I'm glad you found it believable.

Sarah

angst is one thing, sad is another,
Yeah. To me, angst is people screaming at each other, but then Iolanthe kept commenting on how angsty this was, so I figured my definition was too narrow. Anyway, there's not a lot of anger and outright conflict type angst, but there's some emotional heartache.

Thanks, Sarah.

flowerpot Thanks. I loved your comment about wanting to see how they get out of this, because the fic is written. smile

cookiesmom Thanks. I thought that said a lot about Martha, seeing as she wasn't even Clark's biological mom, she had adapted to his needs really quickly.

ccmalo

So now I'm curious - a BAMR but no Tank ending warning.
No, no Tank ending - just some angst as we get to where we are going. Thanks for you FDK.

BTW - I thought the scale would be - None, Low, Moderate, High, Very High, Extreme, so on that scale, High isn't the worst by a long way.

bakasi Thanks! You're right about it being a sad set-up ... but that gives me another 14 parts to fix it!

DW Papers in the mail! Ouch! I didn't think of that.

Thanks for leaving FDK.

Thanks everyone!

Corrina.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
help

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks Michael. The BAMR was supposed to apply to the entire fic, not just the first part!

Thanks for your comments. smile

Corrina.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Corrina,

My first reaction when I saw this was: whinging !!!

I am a sucker for pitiful, heartbroken, obsessing Clark, putting Lois's happiness above all else. Yeah, he's a lunkhead, and yeah, he needs to be hit over the head with a 2 x 4, but gosh my heart just goes out to the big guy. Always did.

The meal he had made for Lois’s birthday was there – untouched - exactly as he had left it last night.
I love how you are able to tell us so much with this one little sentence.

He knew Lois mourned that, for them, making love could not result in the child they both wanted. He understood that the act had lost something of its beauty and power because it could only ever be for the here and now, never for the future.

But he hadn’t known it could bring her to tears.
Wow. That has got to be devastating. <shakes head> Poor, poor Clark. I have a feeling I'll be saying poor, poor Lois soon. Off to read (I presume) her side of the story in Part 2......

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh no! This is so sad! I can feel their pain... whinging

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard