Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Thanks to everyone for their help with information about healing crystals and the Declaration of Independence. This was my first attempt at writing Star (I think) and it was a challenge. You guys and gals helped a lot. It was amusing, however, seeing how many people thought that the advice on crystals was related to Clark.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Absolutely loved it! But I've got to go to work, so maybe I'll post more later.

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Great part with Star. She is always so upbeat and fun.
I loved the scene with Perry and the fish.

Great part all around.

Now since the Olympics starts this week I am hoping the posting schedule will accelerate. We would not want you to take any chances and miss any curling.

We are just thinking of you.

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com

robinson
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
so how many parts is this gonna go? the angst is getting to me!
love star!

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
You wrote a great Star - very believable!

Lois won't take off the engagement ring, right?

Wonder what will happen when Lois finds those more recent diaries and if she'll wonder whether it's fake or something (or if she really wrote it)?

Can we get part 9 early? Pretty please? Maybe as an early present for Valentine's day, maybe?

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
One of the great parts of writing PG-13 is that I don't have to deal with issues like this.
Hmm… Nope, not buying it. I am willing to buy that Lois is too messed up to consider it, though wink

You guys and gals helped a lot. It was amusing, however, seeing how many people thought that the advice on crystals was related to Clark.
I’d have to go check but did you hint at amnesia? Actually, doesn’t matter because what FoLC would remember Lois having amnesia? That’s something blocked out of the populous’ collective memory to keep us sane wink And then you come and twist it and fix it and make this sordid affair into a beautiful Valentine’s story laugh

Your Lois-thinking-last-night-through scene felt really weird. Um, no that’s not right. It’s not weird-weird, it’s Lois trying to think what she ‘knows’ she’s supposed to think while neither her heart nor her body were into it. And this makes Lois feel wrong to me. Which of course is exactly what you want to accomplish here wave

PS: Are you using a story-structure approach or winging it? Just asking because with a 15-part story last night was the big midpoint twist and all. And of course, Operation Fool Kent the failed attempt during the response-part.

Edit:
PPS: The thread from FFR on crystal healing

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I remember the crystals questions! You were implying Clark! And therefore an ASU rewrite - you sneaky author you!

I read this on the treadmill this morning and have very little recollection what I was going to say smirk. And kids with Valentine's demanding attention...

I did love Star though! And the fish convo wink .

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Now since the Olympics starts this week I am hoping the posting schedule will accelerate. We would not want you to take any chances and miss any curling.
You've got a good point. Maybe I shouldn't post when the olympics are on. After all, you will all have better things to do than read stories.

so how many parts is this gonna go? the angst is getting to me!
Sorry about that. I suppose I could wrap it up quickly. Okay so... Star fails. Five years later, Lois, still in love with Deter, finally convinces Clark that he's failed and he takes her back to Metropolis. She runs off with the only man she loves and Clark goes back to Kansas to take a job at the Smallville Post. The end.

Did that help? wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Okay - so someone else said Clark and you didn't correct them.

I call that implication by omission wink .

And just for that you should give us part 9... wink .

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
You've got a good point. Maybe I shouldn't post when the olympics are on. After all, you will all have better things to do than read stories.
Nope, some of us aren't really winter sports fans, and since everything else goes on hold for the Olympics, we have NOTHING to do. So that means we need at least one chapter a night until the story is over. laugh

OK, I do watch the skating . . .

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great job! Love the sexual tension between them! Star is a nice addition and Perry's way of finding out if she is ok was great. More soon. laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
She loved only Max. Could Clark be right? After all, whenever she thought about her feelings for Max, that was how she always thought of them - like words running through her mind.
Yay! She knows something is off. And her mind won't stop worrying about that little inconsistency. Once she starts thinking about it, it'll tantalize her and taunt her until she lets the sunshine in.

Clark Kent was the most annoyingly annoying man she had ever met! Now there was someone she could easily describe her feelings for. He was...

“Annoying,” she said. “Infuriating. Maddening. Loathsome. Despicable. Arrogant. Presumptuous. Overbearing. Sexy...”
This was great!

“Superman!” Star exclaimed when she noticed Superman floating outside her window. She rushed over, throwing the window open. “I didn’t expect to see you today. I was sort of expecting to hear something from Clark, though.”
wink wink wink

So... the plan to escape wasn’t dead. If she could look at the diaries, read them, and figure out why he’d hidden them from her, she might be able to find a new way off this island. Besides, the very fact that he’d hidden them from her told her this was something she needed to see.
Uh-oh! What's going to happen first - Lois regaining her memory or Lois finding out the secret? Or simultaneously?

She pushed the thought away with a growl, refusing to dwell on that aspect of last night. Whether or not she had enjoyed herself was irrelevant. It wasn’t as if it were going to happen ever again.

So why exactly did that thought leave her feeling vaguely depressed?
Yes, that is a very depressing thought.

“Now, I’m sure Clark must have some herbal... Oh, great! Perfect choice. Rosemary."
Ah, rosemary for remembrance!

“Whoa. Talk about your powerful sexual energy. If that had been any hotter, the entire cabin would have burst into flames."
hyper

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Outstanding chapter! Delightful Star!

“Superman!” Star exclaimed when she noticed Superman floating outside her window. She rushed over, throwing the window open. “I didn't expect to see you today. I was sort of expecting to hear something from Clark, though.” She knocked her head with her fist. “Gotta get this thing fixed.”
laugh

“No. It was all over the news. Everywhere you'd go. Big pictures. "Have you seen this couple?' You'd have had to be blind and deaf not to know. Or I guess even then, if you could read Braille, you'd probably still know. I wonder how they do pictures in Braille? I guess it wouldn't matter in this case. It's not as if a blind person is going to walk up to a complete stranger and start feeling his face and say, "hey, I know you - you're the person who's face I felt in the paper this morning.' Can I do something for you, Superman?”
hyper hyper hyper hyper

Ann

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
She’s basically being unfaithful to Max, cheating on him with Clark and she doesn’t even feel guilty about it. It’s more of a ‘not a good idea’ kind of thing compared to ‘Why I’m cheating on the man I-love?’ or ‘I love the other guy more so I cheat on Max’. Her compass is really off.
Michael, I've been thinking about this statement and I disagree with you on this. Lois doesn't feel guilty about betraying Max because she didn't betray Max. Lois didn't betray anyone. She made love to her financee - and even though her head may not know this, her heart does.

Guilt is not a product of the head. It's a product of the heart. If you have ever done something wrong and then tried to convince yourself that you weren't in the wrong, you'll know this because you will still feel guilty.

So there is nothing wrong with Lois' moral compus. Her heart made love to the man she loved. She didn't sell her body. She's not being casual about sex. Her heart is just fine. Her heart knows she made love to her soulmate.

It's only her head that is having problems. But because her heart doesn't have a problem, she feels no guilt in relation to Max. Now, she does feel guilt in relation to Clark - because her heart knows that she hurt him.

Hope that clarifies things for you. I think you're looking at this story as if Lois really does love Max. She doesn't. She just has words with no feelings behind it running through her mind that prevent her from admitting to her conscious self what her feelings are for either Max or Clark.

ML wave

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I also think you did a great job with Star's voice. Her babbling and flashes of psychic insight on the show were always amusing to me and you didn't disappoint here.

It's interesting to see that Lois apparently feels a familiarity with Star. She doesn't know why, but she's comfortable letting Star putter around in her kitchen. As far as I can remember, there was at least one scene of Lois and Star eating ice cream together (the aluminum foil helmet episode, yeah?), so the idea that they got together to chat over tea seems completely plausible. I'm glad that you brought her into the story.

So, if Lois senses a familiarity with Star, but no one else (Clark, Perry, Jimmy, her parents, Superman), then what's the difference? Is it because Star's female? Or is it because Deter didn't know about her and didn't have a chance to prejudice Lois' mind against Star?

Loved, *loved* the discussion between Perry and Superman about Lois' fish. lol And Star's response to Lois and Clark's night together and the heat between them was very entertaining.

More soon?
BJ

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hmm, I guess I should have substituted 'feeling' with 'knowing'. You're right, of course, that Lois in her heart isn't cheating on Max. But at the same time, she 'knows' she's in love with Max and she knows the social norms for behaving towards other people when you're in a 'relationship'. True, Lois and Max aren't dating yet but since she's thinking of Max as her only love, shouldn't this make her pause really hard because she's emotionally very inclined to sex with Clark while she 'knows' she's in love with Max. And no matter the feelings, social norms tell Lois that she's doing wrong by herself and by max when she's sleeping with Clark and enjoying it. So, she's basically ignoring the fabric of our society and the intellectual reaction to this would be knowing to feel guilt. Since she's subconsciously not doing any of these 'bad' things, she's not 'feeling' guilt and this dichotomy is the big black hole that makes Lois feel wrong, like she's been programmed, and not very carefully to resemble a decent human being. The surprising part is, that Lois is also ignoring these aspects of her personality and now I'm going in circles.

No idea if this makes better sense. Given how messed up Lois is because of the brainwashing, it's not really surprising and makes my head hurt almost as much as time travel conundrums.

Michael blush

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I completely agree with ML, Michael, but I think I see what you mean. Lois thinks that she is in love with Deter - it's a mantra she keeps repeating - but in spite of that she has made love to CLark. Her heart knows that this was alright, because she and Clark are engaged and love each other very much, but her head really ought to think that this lovemaking was wrong. Lois isn't troubled, however, because she is listening to her heart rather than to her confused mind.

I think Michael's concern is precisely that Lois doesn't seem to be troubled by her apparent unfaithfulness. Lois's conscious mind should know, in spite of her amnesia, that it is considered very wrong to have sex with one man if you have publicly professed your love for another. Lois keeps declaring her love for Deter, yet she had sex with Clark, and therefore she should be troubled by her apparent unfaithfulness. And the fact that she isn't feeling troubled about it should give her pause. Why isn't she feeling guilty? We know of course that the real reason is that she doesn't love Deter at all, but shouldn't Lois herself be wondering about her strange reaction? Then again, Lois has been utterly uninterested in examining her own motives and her own reasons for doing anything. She just keeps repeating that she loves only Max! Sigh!

Well, there have been little signs that the old Lois Lane curiosity is returning. I'm impatiently looking forward to seeing more of Lois's old self!

Ann

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
That's it exactly, Ann! Thanks for taking my jumbled thoughts and making them presentable notworthy

Michael

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Michael, would it help if I let you know that she does deal with this issue later?

Until then, I think it's sort of like someone with leprosy who stubs their toe. They don't feel it so their mind doesn't immediately register that it's something that they have to deal with. Same here. Guilt is a god-given gift to prod us when we do something wrong. Lois has no guilt over cheating on Max, so until she directs her mind to that question, there is nothing to prod her in that direction. And there are only so many things that any of us can think about at one time.

Now, in the not too distant future, Lois will direct her mind to the question - and you will see the consequences of it. But at the moment, she is dealing with a lot of other issues. And since her heart isn't telling her that she did something wrong in regards to Max, she isn't addressing it. But don't worry. She will.

ML wave

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/understanding lights up/

Now, for the second part of your reply...
Now, in the not too distant future
I want this to mean you will post part 9 any minute now but since it's late over here and I'm probably already fast asleep by the time you post, it's probably a moot point dance

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard