Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Hope you found Lois' initial reaction to her kidnapping believable.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Great part and very believable. Of course Lois is going to try and escape. It was so funny - her internal conversation - thinking she was getting away with something while getting out of the cabin

She seems to have a small recognition of Clark at some level.

Very interested to see how this progresses. I hope Clark has a thick skin for any insults

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com
Great Chili Side Dishes

robinson
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Argh. I think I may need to wait for the archive. This is killin' me smile .

Oh, who am I kidding? We all know better...

:p

Why couldn't Clark show her anything more recent? Because he didn't want to taint her memory or she doesn't have anything more recent? That confused me a bit...

More... now would be good smile .

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm guessing Clark didn't want her reading about Superman. Even if Lois was smart and never put anything about Clark=Superman in her diaries, reading about her crush on Superman could confuse things, especially because there is no way that Superman would come to help her if she called.

And poor Lois . . . she actually thinks that Deter wants to help her to get her memory back.

Great chapter!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
smile1

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I agree that Clark wouldn't want Lois to read her recent diaries, because there is where she writes that Clark is Superman. Clark realizes, after all, that there is no guarantee that he will get the old Lois back:

“Well, no matter,” he said flatly. “We'll get you well and then if you want to go back to Deter...”
He is willing to let her go back to Deter, if he is convinced that her love for Deter is for real. Well, I hope he will reconsider that option. There is no way that Lois's infatuation with Deter can have natural causes. Of course she has been brainwashed by Deter, and I very much hope that this fact can be proven.

It was funny as well as painful to watch Lois's attempts to escape from the island and her complete distrust of Clark.

Great chapter! I'm looking forward to more!

Ann

Anyway, as for the fact that C = S... won't Lois realize that Superman must have been involved one way or another to get her and Clark to that island?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
After all, Max was the country’s foremost expert in memory loss. And he had promised her some intensive one on one therapy when they got to the south of France.
Yeah, I bet he did! That scummy weasel.

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
You had Lois getting sick. I'm hoping that is withdrawal from some of the drugs used to brainwash her.

Framework4
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Lois' barfing might have been a reaction to the chloroform. Some people even today have that reaction to anesthesia upon awakening, and we have much better drugs nowadays.

In a previous post, Ann wondered (I'm paraphrasing here) how Lois could access her "Mad Dog Lane" side if Deter had so completely changed her personality. The answer is that he hasn't done any such thing. All Deter did was facilitate a transfer of Lois' emotions about Clark - whom she could not consciously remember - to himself. It's a common effect in therapy anyway, and with a traumatic amnesiac patient the effect would be more pronounced. Deter just didn't take the steps he should have to prevent the transference. (The slimy worm.)

I like the way Clark is treating Lois so far. He's giving her all the space she wants and not forcing her to do anything, even eat or drink. I'm not surprised he couldn't look away when he saw Lois naked, but he's got to know that such images will make his self-appointed job harder.

A thought: If Lois remembers that Clark and Superman are the same person before she remembers that she loves Clark, what will she do? Will she start looking for kryptonite or throw herself into his arms and "convince" him to fly her back to the mainland? Or might she do nothing and wear Clark down so that he gives up and takes her back in a boat or a chopper?

This is an interesting premise. How do you gain the trust of someone you've taken against the person's will without creating an unhealthy codependent relationship? I'm looking for the next chapter now.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Same as the others - can't wait for the next part smile1

Wonder if Lois will find those more 'recent' journals, and where, if Clark hid them in the cabin?

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, general response part first: Loved it! More? /Waits impatiently until ML decides on a daily posting schedule or a whole day without more fic goes by/

She noticed Clark first, his head snapping up and swiveling in her direction. And suddenly she remembered what had transpired the night before. She might have been tempted to confront him but at the moment, she had more pressing concerns.

“Bathroom!” she demanded.

“Lois...” he began, obviously intending to talk to her.

“Sick!” she exclaimed in frustration, looking around in desperation.

Clark jumped to his feet and pointed, obviously finally understanding the urgency of the situation.
Sorry, but it *is* funny. From an outside perspective.
She cracked her eyes open finally and did her best to glare at him, although she was certain that in her current state it didn’t amount to much of a glare. Still, he seemed to understand her intent because his expression suddenly changed and he looked... hurt.
dizzy Oh, and please, stop making them so addictive and then stringing us along like that. /realizes how pathetic this sounds and goes hiding until new part is posted blush /

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
I'd like to put in my vote that we move this great story to a daily schedule.

Kathy
www.chili-everywaycom

robinson
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh yes! A daily schedule would be just awesome! I vote for that too. PLEASE!!! hyper

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
There's a vote?!

I'm in for daily posts!!!

Or this:

I would beg and grovel and offer all sorts of bribes for the Word-file with the entire story so I could read and leave comments inline. [Dizzy] Oh, and please, stop making them so addictive and then stringing us along like that.
I am not above doing such a thing. I think ML well knows that...

wink

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I think I may need to wait for the archive.
Carol, Carol, Carol. Have I taught you nothing yet? Never read anything that says 'Part 1' laugh

Why couldn't Clark show her anything more recent? Because he didn't want to taint her memory or she doesn't have anything more recent? That confused me a bit...
What makes you even think that there could even be more recent diaries? Wait! Are you saying that you think Clark might be holding something back from Lois? How could you even think such a thing? Would he really do something like that? wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Uhh... Votes don't count in a dictatorship.
LOL rotflol Nice one!

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
We were trying to overthrow you so we could get daily posts.

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com

robinson
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
We were trying to overthrow you so we could get daily posts.
wave

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Totally believable. In fact, I loved every minute of Lois trying to out-think Clark, and Clark totally calm while she figured out that she wasn't getting away from him.

Best moment for me, though? Him taking care of her while she was sick, wiping her face and neck with the cool cloth. I love them in love... so can we get Lois back there soon, ML? It's so hard to see her hurt him! He's supposed to be on his honeymoon, darn it. Speaking of which, I'm in a total waff mood right now, so I could do with some fun intimate-but-not-quite moments and Lois grabbing onto those vague memories of her and Clark together (cause you know they gotta be right there, right? Right at the edge, but she just can't quite grab onto them yet? At least, I'm hoping. I always was the sunny-side kind of girl).

I find myself a bit at a loss here with your posting schedule - I'm so used to reading your stories as a whole on the archive! How about giving us a fabulous new part to read soon? I'm going to need some reading material - apparently the mid-Atlantic is supposed to get walloped this weekend with a pretty big snowstorm... and I do love to read while I'm stuck inside. Just putting that out there. wink

Looking foward to part 4!

Tracey smile

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Oo ooo ooo

Tracey's right.

We're getting hit with yucky stuff tonight and tomorrow then again over the weekend.

Fic would be a great way to pass the time... New ML fic specifically.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard