OP Offline
Top Banana
I love hearing what you think. smile1

Bob

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Wow. Very well done. The body count and the attack on Superman are very interesting.

I hope the recording of Luthor's last message to Superman is somewhere.

I was delighted with all the tiny bits, Clark's memory, the internal pain report, so forth.

Looking forward to more.

Framework4
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oooh, a new chapter! I'm going to have to go back and read some of the earlier chapters again, to refresh my memory of exactly what did happen out in space.

As the news they are hearing gets more and more depressing, I do wonder where this is going to end up. We still don't know anything about Martha and Jonathan's fate, but you've already wiped out almost every city I've ever lived in.

Interesting explanation of the lack of a tidal wave.

I assume/hope they will be able to do something to bring Lex down. Looking forward to the next chapter(s).

Update: just re-read Chapter 3. Because Superman got the "release now" message (which triggered Lex's message and the Kryptonite gas) at 55 seconds in the countdown, it sounds like there was some sort of malfunction. (The tearing sound?) I had to do a fast re-read (so I could leave for work) so I'm still not sure at what point in the countdown Superman was supposed to release the ship. I assume all will be made clear in a later chapter.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm tired and not very focussed, so I will mostly echo what Patrick said. I want to say, too, that it is absolutely horrible to consider that Lex has wrought all this uspeakable death just so that he can (hopefully, for him) get rid of Superman, and make the world hate Superman.

I loved the romantic bits in this part, too.

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/shudders/

As she watched Clark hurry through the door and head for the bathroom, the hastiness of his movement convinced Lois that Clark’s first stop was not going to be the shower. She chuckled lightly at the thought. They were going to have to work out a protocol that would provide Clark with more timely access to the bathroom.
clap I guess, it's going to take a while before he gets his super bladder control back wink

Nice way of adding the nuclear winter. I think I've been wondering about that a part ago or so blush

Looking forward to meeting Bernie!

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Somehow I don't think Clark will be too happy to get his memory back.

The devastation and death toll will crush him. Even though it wasn't, he's going to think it was his fault.

Quite a predicament you've created for our poor addled hero.

Looking forward to more.

Tank (who thinks that Lois is going to be taxed to the max as support once the memory comes back... if it ever does)

bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Framework4:
From the moment I decided to explore the idea of a failed Nightfall intercept, I know that there had to be serious consequences. Having a non-trivial body count was part of that.

c-mom:
you've already wiped out almost every city I've ever lived in.
I’m sorry. I swear that I didn’t do that on purpose.
I'm still not sure at what point in the countdown Superman was supposed to release the ship. I assume all will be made clear in a later chapter.
He was supposed to release the ship only a few seconds before impact. I may need to make that more clear. Sorry for the confusion.

Ann:
As for what Lex was thinking. Hmmm… Anyway, I don’t think he ever imagined that the consequences of a malfunction would be so significant.

Michael:
I couldn’t resist the bathroom humor. Given the floor plan of his apartment, if you make the bedroom into a separate space, that’s what you get.

Tank:
The worst case scenario would be that he finds out that he’s Superman but doesn’t remember what happened. I’d have to be seriously evil to do that to him. Hmmm… angel-devil

Thanks all. I’m working as hard as I can to get the next part ready.

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just what do you have against St. Louis????

James, a GREAT fan of the Cardinals and ST. Louis!

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
James!!! hyper hyper It's so great to see you post! hyper hyper hyper
Just what do you have against St. Louis????
Who, me? huh

I love St. Louis. I can't help it that someone put St. Louis in the same general region of the United States as ... Smallville. The main body of Nightfall had to land somewhere.

Besides, St. Louis came off much better than Kansas Ctiy. (For the record, I like them too.)

Bob

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard