Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Clark Kent, may I introduce you to Lex Luthor? razz

Comments?

Bob

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Excellent, excellent! So did Clark crash to the floor merely at the sight of Lex... or did Lex have a certain green rock on his person? And why was Nigel out and about the night of the meteor strikes? Hmm, now feel the need to read the next chapter already!!!! Will be waiting with bated breath! laugh

Cheers
Elizabeth

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
The fact that we haven't heard from Jonathan and Martha is making me a bit nervous. I know the phones have been down, but now no one has any information on how Kansas fared. If they don’t survive, Clark will have a hard time forgiving himself when he remembers that he is Superman. They have many tornadoes so they should have a storm shelter that should protect them a bit. Right?!?!? grovel However, they may be trapped there if there is a lot of debris above them.

And now Clark has finally seen Luthor. I’m very curious at what Lois’ answer will be. I like the fact that she is taking a second look at him and seeing how fake he really is.

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I wondered about Jonathan and Martha too; you have made some very good points there, lcfan99. It would be terrible if they didn't survive and then Clark suffering over his loss and no doubt guilt.

Cheers
Elizabeth

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thanks for posting today!! smile1

I'm worried about Martha and Jonathan too, but if they are injured or dead, that is not the only thing that Clark is going to feel guilty about. He is likely to blame himself for every single bit of death and destruction, although none of it was his fault. I'm wondering how he is going to deal with it all when his memory comes back, or if it will even come back. Will Lois find a way to help him deal with it? Which one of them will realize that he's Superman first? What is Lex up to? Inquiring minds want to know! When will the next chapter be up?

P.S. And you destroyed a large part of Atlanta! What have y'all got against the South? sad

It was an excellent chapter!

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
“Can you tell me why I hate him?”
Oh good. At least he'll have his guard up.

Framework4
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
He was staring at Lex with an odd expression on his face. “Who is that?”

She followed his eyes. “That's Lex Luthor.”

He was silent for a few seconds. Then in a voice completely devoid of emotion he asked, “Can you tell me why I hate him?”
Great part, and what a snappy ending! I look forward to Lois's answer to that question, by the way. Maybe she will admit out loud to Clark and herself that she is feeling increasingly bad to about Lex herself.

Have you really killed Jonathan and Martha? It is not unreasonable if you have, given the nature of this story. I so wonder how it will affect Clark if his foster parents are indeed dead. And speaking about foster parents, when will he realize that he had biological parents, too? In other words, when will he realize that he is - or used to be - Superman? And like others have said, will he blame himself for the deaths that he wasn't able to prevent, when he failed to completely destroy or deflect Nightfall?

How interesting! I'm very much looking forward to more!

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Feeling hyper all at the same time!

I'm still convinced the Midwest-outage is just a red herring. M&J are okay since you're no fan of angst.

Something I wondered during the last part but forgot to put in there. Now it's all coming back:
There weren't that many buildings that were completely destroyed.
[...]
“Lois, my dear. I’m so pleased to see that you are unhurt. When I heard that your apartment had been destroyed, I had to hurry over and verify your safety. Since you turned down my invitation, I was afraid that you might have been in your apartment when the building collapsed.”
Lex most likely ordered Lois' apartment building brought drown by explosives.
“Yes, my dear. It was Nigel. He had some business that he seemed to feel was important enough to draw him out last night. He had the bad luck to have had his car crushed by a small Nightfall fragment. His loss is a great personal blow to me.”
And it was Nigel who executed the hit.

Before she could answer, she heard a crash and saw Clark sprawled on the floor. Lois hurried over to him only to find that he was sitting staring at Lex. “What happened? Are you all right?”

He was staring at Lex with an odd expression on his face. “Who is that?”

She followed his eyes. “That’s Lex Luthor.”

He was silent for a few seconds. Then in a voice completely devoid of emotion he asked, “Can you tell me why I hate him?”
Is it wrong if that totally cracked me up?

Something I'm wondering: How much satellite coverage does EPRAD still have? And couldn't Perry get some information from them on the Midwest?

So, next part tomorrow?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I vote with Michael. I totally believe that Nigel died while trying to destroy the one thing that Lex believes will keep Lois away from him.

I thought it was sweet that Clark felt sheepishly guilty at having lied. I'm not sure why he crashed to the floor, though.

I was surprised at where the worst damage turned out to be. When you said the South, I imagined Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississipi, Lousianna. I wouldn't have put Kansas or Missouri in the list; they're more Midwest. Perhaps you should call it portions of the South and the Midwest. I know I'm splitting hairs, but my internal map took me out of the story for a moment.

Elisabeth

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Like Michael said, it's a most interesting possibility that Nigel may have died while in the process of bombing Lois's apartment! In any case, I'm not too sorry about his loss!

Ann

bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
dance Happy Feedback Dance! dance

elizabeth:
You said:
So did Clark crash to the floor merely at the sight of Lex... or did Lex have a certain green rock on his person?
Great question. I’d answer but you’ll find out in the next chapter.

Lcfan99:
You said:
now Clark has finally seen Luthor. I’m very curious at what Lois’ answer will be. I like the fact that she is taking a second look at him and seeing how fake he really is.
Lois is seeing that Lex isn’t the person she thought he was. But she doesn’t know he is personally a criminal yet. In the show she completely overlooked the creepiness of the clone apartment. Based on that, I figure that she will still try to give him the benefit of the doubt.

c-mom:
You said:
And you destroyed a large part of Atlanta! What have y'all got against the South?
I love the South. I grew up in a wide spot in the road called Joyce, Louisiana. But rocks are falling all around. Lots of places are going to be damaged or destroyed. It’s almost unbelievable what something as small as a 200 meter chunk of iron or hard rock will do at 10 miles per second. Just because Metropolis was only hit by very small rocks, doesn’t mean other cities were so lucky.

Framework4
You said:
At least he'll have his guard up.
The advantage of his funny memory. Cat couldn’t confuse him and Lex will never surprise him.

Ann:
I’m glad you liked the ending. I see the Lois / Lex relationship as a journey. After all, at the beginning of this episode, the foundations of his being her boyfriend are already in place. We are only eight episodes shy of BatP. Now she’s learning about Lex and her eyes are open but she doesn’t know what we do.

Michael:
I figured that many satellites will be knocked out but I expect that some will survive. However, between the damage from impacts and the loss of satellites, I see communication being strained for quite some time.

Elisabeth:
Sorry for the geographic confusion. The line of peak destruction centered just south of the Missouri Compromise line at 36 degrees north latitude. There was destruction well away from this line, both north and south, but that was the center.

As for other speculations, RAFO.

On another note, I spent some time this weekend looking ahead and realized that some story restructuring is in order. There will not be 35 chapters after all. I suspect we will end up somewhere around 30 but the next post will be 12/?.

Thank you all so much for taking the time to share your comments. I appreciate it very much. smile

Bob

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard