Next Thread
Print Thread
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I think this is my favourite segment of all, CC...although I reserve the right to say that about all the other segments too. wink

I just love everything about this one. From poor Clark misunderstanding and his anger as he thinks she's been sent to spy on him and trap him, to the delightful family scene with Lucy and her boyfriend, and the conference room scene is just wonderful! Not to mention the way that Lois just manipulates everything into place to get Perry on her side and Clark railroaded into place. LOL! He just didn't have a chance did he? goofy

And then the perfect end line:

“…it’s lonely as hell.” He laughed softly at her surprise. “Finally, Lois Lane, I know exactly what you mean.” He extended his hand, taking hers in his. “Nice to meet you,” he said quietly. “Welcome to my world.”
<snuffle> mecry

Absolutely beautiful!

LabRat (who carefully trundled a wheelbarrow full of tissue boxes into place by the desk before she settled down to read...)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Bummer! I thought I was going to get to open this FDK thread and then LabRat beat me to it <g>.

Anyway, great part, CC. I agree with LabRat in that I love that Clark's first reaction was paranoia (sp?) when Lois told him her story. It seems like such a natural reaction for an Alt Clark based on his history with Lana.

Also just loved the part when Lois and Clark "laid their cards on the table". Lois opening up hoping that in doing so she would gain a friend in Clark - really poignant.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about, Lois. And that has pretty much been the case since hello.”
I was cracking up over this line - could really imagine Clark saying this! smile

Can't wait to see how the dynamic duo get Lois back to her world. But how come I have this horrible feeling that poor Alt Clark is going to end up so alone...

Great Job! thumbsup
Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Kerth
Kerth
thumbsup thumbsup

I'm curious now about that visit of Clark to Lucy and Ellen confused

more soon hyper

Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey CC, truly wonderful!! smile1

Keep it coming!

~Liz

PS. Nice work fixing the Perry dilemma!

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is terrific, CC! Moving along nicely!

That revelation was great! goofy

So... more, whenever you're ready? wildguy wildguy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

“Mrs. Ellen Lane’s room, please,” Clark smiled broadly at the very bored lady behind the desk.

She wasn’t having any of it.

“Visiting hours are over, Mr. Kent.”

“Ms. Gladys, I know. Work took a bit longer today and I couldn’t make it any sooner, but…” Clark presented the bouquet of flowers he was holding with a flourish, “I’m here now, and I won’t stay long.”
Why is Lois mother in a hospital?

“The other Lois Lane, the one who belongs in this world. I looked her up on your laptop last night. I decided there had to be one, and that instead of trying to avoid her, I should find her or what became of her, see if I could borrow her life, so to speak. She’s been missing in the Congo for almost five years, never found. And it would seem she has been completely forgotten.” Lois’ voice trailed off on that last part. “She was a reporter of some merit,” she frowned. “Why haven’t you heard of her?”
Is Lois going to search for Lois[2]? confused

“I see,” Lois replied thoughtfully. “But you wanted to know why you’re my last hope. And it isn’t because I knew you were stronger and faster than anyone else here. That won’t help me. It’s simpler than that. I need to find a man named Tempus, the man who brought me here. I need a job. Being a reporter is who I am. I need a friend. And a place to stay until I can figure out if…I’m staying. If you can be my friend-,” She moved across the room to stand in front of him. “-and it’s asking a lot, then I can stay sane. If I can tell you the truth, level with you in a way that I couldn’t with anyone else here, then I can be real here. If I’m only real to me…”
They can't find Tempus. He is from another universe.
Where is Wells? confused

More soon, please.

MAF thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Nicely set up. All the players seem to be in a place where they can start the necessary process of doing what needs to be done.

The flow of time seems a bit quicker in Lois' home universe as I gather Clark and everyone has been without Lois for a lot longer than the two weeks Lois has been in the alt world.

Lois' story is going to be fun and interesting. Clark's time without Lois will be... not exactly boring, but let's just say... less compelling. wink

More

Tank (who is having trouble getting back into the swing of things here after being gone for a while)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow This was the best part yet. He actually believes her. Well that is a start. nOw how do you get Lois back to her CLark and Clark in this universe to find his Lois. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Very nice, CC!! This was the best part of all -- the cute family scene with Clark and Lucy, the revelation . . . wow! I love it!

- Laura laugh

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
CC

WOW! I love this! smile1
Please post the next part soon.

Tricia cool

Blogger
Blogger
I can't figure out for the life of me where you are going to end up with this story. confused Is Lois going to end up staying and making a life with alt-Clark while our Clark continues to live his life through "both sets of eyes"? Is Lois going to find her way home and leave alt-Clark more alone than ever? Or will they (I hope!) find alt-Lois first? The only thing I do know is that I am completely hooked! thumbsup

I can' wait for the next part! Keep up the terrific work! dance
Terry

Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, I let a big portion of Saturday blow by before I got the chance to pop back in here. Part 4 just now posted.

To those of you still reading along and commenting, I am so grateful for and appreciative of your comments.

Keep going, we're almost there!

CC- Sorry so rushed, my two-year old is currently "helping" me type.

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Features Writer
Features Writer
CC,
great part
ditto others
more
merry

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard