Comments go here. smile

Bob

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Yes! Lois is back with Clark!

I love how they long to reach out to the other one so much, but are so scared of putting a foot wrong. It was so sweet when Clark reached for Lois's hand when she was so upset, and Lois gratefully took it.

Lex, yeeeach. What a creep. But Lois is staying with Clark now! Hooray!

And I wonder if Clark will be able to shave at all next morning, or if too much of his invulnerability will have returned?

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The bit about Lex being probably in between Jimmy and Perry completely cracked me up. But given how curious Clark was about him, why didn't he turn on the TV? I'm sure the Superman-statement must be on a constant rerun on LNN smile1
Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I am so intrigued by this idea of Clark being in touch with his emotions and not his cognitive memories. It leaves him no choice but to go with his gut instincts. Maybe it's that vulnerability on Clark's part that has allowed Lois to be more honest about her own feelings. This Clark is letting her see his heart in a way that cannon Clark wouldn't do in the first season.

We often talk about Lois as having high emotional boundaries, but Clark was also shutting her out in the first season, even if he didn't realize it. His insistence that 'Clark is who I am, Superman is what I do,' kept him from letting her see all of him. Until she's in on the secret, she can only know half of him at a time.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
HappyGirl has a very good point here. You've written a Clark who has a chance at showing all of himself to Lois, curiously through being "damaged".

I wonder when she'll start putting the pieces together...

And I'm squeeing that Lois is starting to change her mind about Clark as a romantic possibility!

bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hello all. Thanks for the feedback.

I need to report that unfortunately my posting rate will be taking a hit. I was notified last week that my company is closing my workplace. smile1 This is key but your whole section describes what I'm trying to explore. Lois has boundaries but Clark's secrecy is the source of the problem.

Iolanthe:
And I'm squeeing that Lois is starting to change her mind about Clark as a romantic possibility!
When I look at what happened in GGGoH, PML and HiM, I think she was ready. Clark just had to come clean about his feelings. But under normal circumstances, that would never happen.

Thanks again.
Bob

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
So sorry you have to move, Bob. frown I would hate it too. I hope you're going to be happy once you've settled in and taken care of all the necessary hassle of moving (like getting a new house, moving all your furniture and other belongings there, getting to know your new town and, perhaps, understanding the slightly different "culture" there, getting used to your new job, etc. Then of course your wife - and you! - will have to settle in and find new friends, etc.).

I just wanted to add that I loved Happygirl's summary of what makes Lois and Clark's relationship so great here. It is, just like Happygirl said, because Clark is in touch with his emotions and not with his cognitive memories, so he is acting on his emotions. And I agree with you that Clark's secrecy is the greatest impediment to Lois and Calrk's relationship, although I know that many others think that the problem is mostly Lois's fault.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck, and I look forward to the continuation of this story.

Ann

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard