Comments?

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper Awesome! /goes looking for mop for cleaning up puddle of goo/

M&J getting angry was really nicely done smile

LOLed at the way they 'discussed' things in front of Lois, eventually telling her most of the stuff he can do without them being aware of it laugh

“I was hoping to be intelligent life from another planet,” I said quietly.
Yeah, well, hopes and dreams. I hope he is willing to settle for 'being life from another planet'.

“That’s amazing, Clark!” she said. “Really, truly awesome.”
Yeah, now they can be BF and GF again smile

Why wouldn’t I want to date you?
Because he makes Steve look smart?

And then, like every time I kissed Lois, the sounds of the house around us disappeared, and all I could hear was her heartbeat in my ears.
And that's were said mop comes into play blush

You know what's truly wonderful though? I figured, what a great ending. And there's still six more parts to go with waffiness spider You may commence posting at any time now wink

Michael

Edit:
Lois laughed. “Of course not. I don’t even believe in aliens. I meant like the ones on Star Trek. The Borg, maybe? I can’t recall. One of them is always saying they need to be constantly vigilant.”
Nancy, that bit cracked me up. Check out part 2 of The Wild-Goose Chase if you want to grin wink

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Posted to the wrong part.

That was wonderful. I love how you are exploring Clark's feelings about himself as a teenager. And Lois is still Lois - so matter of fact.

I especially love the last line.

"And then, like every time I kissed Lois, the sounds of the house around us disappeared, and all I could hear was her heartbeat in my ears. " I was a pile of mush after reading that.

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com

--------------------

robinson
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful. So now Lois can wander the world with Clark.

Framework4
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Michael's right about the best part being the six installments still to come. smile

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
eek! love this!!!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“Really,” Lois giggled. “If you are an alien, I’d like to meet some others from your planet. Determine if you’re all lunkheads or that’s just you.”
Don't have much time to post but just wanted to say that the above had me chuckling!

Also, glad to see that the secret is out and Lois is taking it pretty well. Love that M&J are the blabbers in this situation.

A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
So, I have to admit - Martha and Jonathan scenes tend to be my favorite in this fic, but I'm not sure where, so I loved writing this - loved how much of Clark's secret kept eeking out before he even told Lois anything. So, I'm glad you all enjoyed it, too.

Michael -

I hope he is willing to settle for 'being life from another planet'.
lol

Just a warning about the six coming parts - they aren't all waffy. Honestly, I'm glad this felt like an ending to you, as it is in some ways, but I don't really feel like the story is done yet. In my head, this isn't a story about Lois and Clark finding their way together, it's about Clark becoming comfortable with who he is and finding a way to integrate his gifts into his life in a way that's less fragmented than the Boy in Black. So far, he hasn't done that.

But resolving things with Lois, telling her his secret, is an important step in that - both as she's pivotal to the rest, but mainly as his not trying to find some other (barely believable) explanation shows some modicum of comfort on his part. It's not much, but it's a start.

And I'll be checking out Part 2 of the Wild Goose Chase soon... Part 1 really left me hanging...

Thanks, Kathy!

Thanks, Patrick. Alas, that would have been a great idea, but no, Lois won't be traveling the world with Clark.

Thanks, Amy! Just as a warning, there's sort of only four parts left to come. The last two are epilogue. But it's a long epilogue (not just two parts, but quite possibly the longest parts of the story).

Thanks, Sarah!

IolantheAlias - I'm glad it had you giggling. I don't really do comedy well, but when that line came to me, it had my chuckling, too.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard