Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Feedback goes here. smile

This *is* my happily ever after.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wonderful part!

I understand Clark's unwillingness to let Lois be a part of the investigation on Luthor, but he also has to understand that Lois will be there weather he wants her to or not.

That conversation with Ruben was great. I can completely understand the spiritual questions that Clark would have and I love the answers that he and Ruben came up with.

“I know that, just like I know that his parents never named him Miguel. But it doesn’t matter. I know who he is in his heart, and the fact that you are here with him tells me a lot about who you are in yours. For me, that is enough.”
I loved this part. Ruben sounds like a wonderful friend. He’s knows that ‘Miguel’ isn’t his real name, yet he doesn’t press for more. twins

This does take "The Man Under the Suit" to a new level though.... How many names does he have?!?! smile

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hm, so Clark is going to have to learn the hard way that Lois is in more danger investigating by herself. smile

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Interesting twist on Clark keeping his secret. Now he is not worried about himself about getting Lois in danger. At least, that's what he's saying but is there a deeper issue involved. Will he come up with a new excuse in a couple of weeks? Or will Luthor be so elusive that Lois will run out of patience.

About their little mid-air tiff. I'm almost 100% it was in this fic that Superman took Lois into the sky to have a fight after rescuing her from the vault during the Invisible Man, right? So, are they developing a habit of cleaning the air mid-air?

I did wonder if you would give Clark the alias 'Mike' after Lois called herself Susan. And there he was - Miguel clap clap Good to see you're back from the holidays. And the Ficathon. Well, you know what I mean blush

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
*SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~! *Waffy Sigh* drool

That was absolutely endearing! I just love Ruben, and brava for your handling of the "spiritual implications" of being a powerful alien. It's brilliant! clap

So what's Lex gonna find out about Caleb/Superman? eek

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aww! A great part!

First, Clark is being a lunkhead again, trying to "keep Lois safe by keeping her out of things". Doesn't he know the first thing about her by now? Of course, he has to get whacked over the head (metaphorically) to learn that lesson.

The whole scene with Ruben was great. So often, little is written about Clark's underlying questions which he must have had. Kudos to you for bringing them up and describing how Clark resolved some of them.

And Lex...the stalking continues.

Looking forward to more!

Top Banana
Top Banana
This was a neat part. It's interesting to see the more spiritual side of Clark. I was always thinking that growing up with the Kents he would spend a lot of time on these questions.

When I was reading the story and FDK here, I got to wondering, why does Clark think that Lois is going to be in any greater danger by knowing he's Clark Kent? He's already told her as Caleb that Lex is bad and that he's having her watched and followed. Given the situation, how does her knowing that he is Clark Kent change anything?

I guess I can't get past the feeling that he's continuing the secret for no reason at this point.

Bob

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks for the feedback, everyone. laugh

Michael, I will confess that 'Susan' was intentional. 'Miguel,' however, was not, so it creacks me up that it worked out that way.

As has been pointed out, Clark really doesn't have much chance of keeping Lois out of danger. But, considering that he plans on poking around the seedy side of Metropolis and thinks that Lois is more likely to investigate through more conventional chanels, I hope we can at least buy that he *thinks* he's protecting her. Remember that this Clark is not her work partner and so doesn't know as much as we do about her work habits.

As for the idea that he's keeping his secret without a really good reason, would that be out of character for Clark? He'll learn his mistake soon enough. wink

Here's another question, though: does Lois have a good reason for keeping her secret? She could solve her own problem with one sentence: "I know who you are."

Not sure when the next post will be; I'm at the 'take the time to make it right' portion of the story. I started in one direction last night and ended up somewhere I never planned to go and didn't really like. (It was a pretty good fight between L & C, though. Shame to waste it, but it doesn't work here.) So I had to backtrack and start again. It'll work out in the end, but I might have to slap a few people around first. Good thing Clark can take it.

I'm so glad you liked Ruben. We might need him later. wink

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Good point about Lois, Michelle. That option completely slipped my mind. blush

Something else I just remembered thinking about while reading this part. Lex figured out that Caleb Knight was a fake identity pretty fast. Given that this isn't Clark's first undercover mission and since he is actually investigating Lex and that he's watching them, isn't this a pretty big slip-up on his part? Or does he not care about Lex knowing that Caleb Knight is a fake huh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
My take on the Clark/Lex conflict is that, while Clark has had multiple secret identities before, they've always been for general background research for fictional novels. He knows a lot about how the seedier side of life works, but he's never tried to bring a specific person or company down before. Along the way, he's stumbled accross enough information about Lex to know that he's dirty, but this is his first time going head-to-head with someone as sophisticated as Luthor. So, yes, he's in over his head in some aspects, and that will bite him in the butt pretty soon.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So, yes, he's in over his head in some aspects, and that will bite him in the butt pretty soon.
I'm looking forward to seeing that.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooh, intrigue! clap spider

Michael

Kerth
Kerth
“Perry’s going to wonder what kind of a reporter you are if you aren’t jumping at the chance to have your name on a Daily Planet front page story.”

“Perry’s going to wonder even more when I can’t come up with a Social Security number for the paycheck paperwork.”
Nice comeback!!

I loved the insight into Clark's earlier years and you showed us really well the importance of his friendship with Ruben in Clark's life.

This fic reminds me of an old saying ... Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we choose to deceive.

I get the feeling Clark is sinking further and further into the quicksand. Can't wait to see how you get him out of it.

Corrina.

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
bump smile

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Another good part. I loved the conversation with Ruben.

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard