Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Feedback here please.

Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh ... my.

I literally gasped when I realized what Lucy had found on Lois's desk and what she was going to do with it. Will Lucy learn the lesson that was meant for Lois? Or will she find Superman if he has to rescue her? And what will happen if Lois doesn't learn that Clark can't be walked all over? I'm glued to my seat, desperate to find out!

This is really great. I'm ready for part 3 and you just posted 2! Will we get it soon?

Kathy

Top Banana
Top Banana
Uh, oh. devilsplat

This *is* my happily ever after.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
It's fun to see what you've done with only one basic change to canon and its logical followup.
clap
This now has so many possibilities, I can't wait to see where you go with it!

rotflol rotflol rotflol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
cool you went for three parts clap

She’d find out more about Superman. She’d win that Pulitzer. Except…will you do it honestly? Will you enjoy it once you get it? Will you really earn it, or will you steal it? That mocking voice asked her.
Yeah… But maybe Claude can give her some pointers. And who knows, if she sleeps with Clark, she might find out something printworthy huh

“You know, Cat, you’re not one to talk,” Lois said evenly. “You look like someone poured you into your outfit and you forgot to say ‘when’. At least I wore more than a gownless evening strap to the last Planet event.”
rotflol

I absolutely loved how you portrayed Lucy investigating in Lois' stuff.
Envelopes – all had been opened. So it’s OK if I look, Lucy thought. Lois certainly did. She’d heard the stories about it at dinner. Open envelopes were fair game, according to Lois. Actually, Lucy wasn’t even steaming the envelopes open. Lois had, according to her tales of “what you have to do to be a reporter”.
rotflol

She’d make a great story. Her older sister would be proud of her.

Tomorrow morning. That’s the plan, thought Lucy. I’ll find Superman’s spaceship and make a great story out of it. Tomorrow I’ll start my award-winning career.
Of course, it's also quite possible, that her older sister might resort to violence because of the whole teeny-tiny story-stealing. angel-devil

Michael

PS: Did I mention this story is great?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
NORAD
Should be EPRAD. The show could not get permission to use ‘NORAD’ and so created EPRAD.

Around lunchtime, she’d overheard Clark talking on the phone. “What? He’s there now? Really? Don’t let him leave.” From the excitement in his voice, she’d known that Clark had to have a Superman lead.
That’s what I thought when I first saw this episode, too. Boy was that wrong!

Lois swooped in for the kill. “Don’t. They’ll just re-write you.” She put on a persuasive tone. “My advice is, get back to the office and start typing. Look, you can have my cab. Go on.”

Clark got into the cab. He smiled at her, trustingly, innocently. “Lois, I appreciate this. I owe you one.”
Lois, you are so sneaky.

She’d win that Pulitzer. Except…will you do it honestly? Will you enjoy it once you get it? Will you really earn it, or will you steal it? That mocking voice asked her.
You need to hear this little voice, Lois. What you did was dirty!

“That tip got me started. And, all through my career, I’ve tried to pay that forward. Lois’s eyes widened in surprise, despite her best efforts to keep a poker face. She’d never known that about Cat. Of course, they hardly worked the same schedule. Cat was always slithering into the newsroom at one or two o’clock in the afternoon, after her late nights on the society beat. So why should she have known that about Cat? Lois asked herself. Maybe because you’ve worked in the same newsroom with her for eight years? her annoying inner voice replied. She was here when you were an intern just out of high school, and she’s been here since – have you ever really tried to get to know her?
Did Cat say what the tip was? Or did I miss something here? Was Lois saying that she didn’t know that Cat had gotten a tip from another reporter?

“Now you be sure to take Lois’s advice and learn what she’ll teach you. She isn’t the best investigative reporter at the Planet for nothing.” Perry nodded firmly and headed to the coffee station.
A little boon to Lois’ ego.

Clark and Jimmy both wished Lucy “Congratulations” and drifted away after an awkward moment of silence between them and Lois. Lois looked over at Lucy – she was seated next to Cat’s desk, laughing at something Cat had said. It looked like she might take awhile. Lois smiled inwardly in satisfaction.
I’m a little confused as to why Lois inwardly smiled.

androphobe
Nice word.

I like the way Lucy idolizes her sister.

Great story. I eagerly await part 3

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great story, Iolanthe. Can't wait for the rest!
Should be EPRAD. The show could not get permission to use ‘NORAD’ and so created EPRAD.
The script does say EPRAD. On the other hand, I've always viewed EPRAD as equivalent to NASA, a civilian agency for space exploration. NORAD is the North American Aerospace Defense Command, headquartered in Cheyenne Mountain in Colorado, a joint Canadian/American military organization originally built to defend against intercontinental ballistic missiles and they do administer the tracking stations and share the data with NASA.
Since we aren't on TV, my opinion is that it is O.K. to use NORAD.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Since we aren't on TV, my opinion is that it is O.K. to use NORAD.
Ah, yes, that's true, but elsewhere in the story, EPRAD is used.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
But they are two different entities. NORAD is military and EPRAD is civilian. The US is very particular that their space program is civilian, because otherwise we couldn't go to the International Space Station on a Russian rocket.
And there are a whole bunch of treaties dating back to the Soviet Union that would be violated.

The show didn't really address this and lumped it all together by having generals order the Asgard rocket to hit the asteroid at EPRAD, but that isn't right. huh

So Lois trying to call the NORAD number in Fairbanks, Alaska is correct.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Woot! What a wonderful little twist.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The show didn't really address this and lumped it all together by having generals order the Asgard rocket to hit the asteroid at EPRAD, but that isn't right.
Yep, you're right. I was just thinking about the show not getting permission to use the term "NORAD". Very short sighted of me.

Kerth
Kerth
What was it with Lucy, Lois thought. How does she attract people like this?
I'm sure it's nothing to do with how Lois is a driven, cheerless, semi-paranoid androphobe. laugh I laughed at and felt bad for Lois all the way through this story for exactly the those same reasons. She's so driven and cheerless and determined and you wrote her so well that she seems three-dimensional.

So many questions, now, to be answered in part three. How awful is Clark going to feel when Lucy falls for his Lois-trap? Will Lois realize she was the one being set up? Will Lois discover some humanity? Will we learn what the tip was that Cat gave to Lucy? eek

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Sue - part 3 is up. I hope I answered some of your questions.

Other of your questions made me realize that this story could be a lot deeper than it is. Oh well, maybe for the next fic!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard