Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Wow, it sure is faster to read than to write! Here's the next part. We are getting there!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A great part. I particularly liked how you worked in the classic "More powerful than a locomotive...able to leap tall buildings at a single bound!"

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark discovering the spin was genius. And hilarious laugh

Liked the added depth of the War Room. I know from the times I've done it, talking the show's dialog and giving a glimpse of what's going on in their minds is always an interesting experience clap

Nice how you re-purposed the billboard incident. I do wonder, though, if Clark waited until the last moment so he wouldn't intrude more than necessary or if he tried to allow a crowd to gather in the hopes of attracting a Daily Planet reporter.

Ellen's reaction to Lois' gentleman caller was clap worthy. Always making sure he treats her daughter with all the respect a lady deserves. Of course, the lady doesn't want *that* much respect, as we have seen in the parking lot laugh

Further, he felt like the metaphoric thin ice was beginning to crack beneath his boots.
Well, he could always hover, err lie through his teeth huh

Looking forward to 7

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks, Iolanthe. Yes, we must have the traditional descriptions.
Thanks Michael.
Nice how you re-purposed the billboard incident. I do wonder, though, if Clark waited until the last moment so he wouldn't intrude more than necessary or if he tried to allow a crowd to gather in the hopes of attracting a Daily Planet reporter.
No, that wasn't my intention or Clark's either laugh
Writing the text made it seem to take longer. Clark was just watching at first because he knew it was dangerous. If little Susie hadn't run back, he still would have had to do something with the billboard before it crashed to the ground and maybe flattened some bystanders. After all, the shadow was when the board was still pretty much vertical. When it lay on the ground it would have had a bigger footprint.
Thanks for the feedback.
cool
Artemis

Top Banana
Top Banana
I was a little surprised at this:
And he knew he needed to slow down romancing Lois
I didn't see that coming. With Nightfall approaching this was the last thing I expected. In many ways this felt more like canon Clark with all his insecurities intact.

I also wondered about Lois's reaction to Superman. From this:
“Well, um, no. But... I'd appreciate it. Very much.” Lois dared to put her good hand on his forearm. A sigh from the women and a gasp from the men were audible even to Lois. Lois smiled and removed her hand.
This feels like canon Lois that is about to fall for the guy in the suit. But this Lois is already involved with Clark. If I were Clark I think Lois's reaction to Superman would push my insecurities into high gear.

Just trying to figure out what's going on.

Bob

Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
You have a good point, Bob. I just added a paragraph to explain Clark's thinking:
If he was going to carry off this job of saving the Earth from Nightfall, he needed to concentrate on that for the time being. If all went well, he had the possibility of a long term relationship with Lois and that was what he wanted. His other problem with creating a whole new identity and interacting with Lois was the closer he got to her, the less he could control himself. It wasn’t so hard with Clark the pretend journalist and Clark the Special Agent, but throwing in Superman who was not supposed to know her at all tipped the scales into challenging territory.
As for this:
This feels like canon Lois that is about to fall for the guy in the suit. But this Lois is already involved with Clark. If I were Clark I think Lois's reaction to Superman would push my insecurities into high gear.
Yep. It can't be all a bed of roses, can it?
I hope you all noticed that General Jason Trask is the head of NORAD. That's important in things to come.
Thanks for the feedback.
cool
Artemis

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard