bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Feedback here as usual. smile

Bob

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Interesting that Clark has no recollection of names, but faces affect him.

The news announced that Superman must have died on the mission. This will hurt Lois a lot. But even more, the Kents must be devastated! Communication was lost with their son, and no one can call them to say he’s all right. Normally, if phones were down, he would fly over to let them know he's OK....

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Another great chapter! I've been away from the computer for a few days and it was a real treat to catch up when I came back. I did find myself wishing for more action and fewer "feelings" at the beginning of this section, but it ended on a really strong note. Looking forward to the next part!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I notice that the meteor swarm is due to hit in the Northern Hemisphere, where the majority of the land surface of Earth is, and hence also the majority of population. Bad luck, there.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
200 million people--is that all? Whew! :rolleyes:

I'm not really here. You're only imagining my presence. I'm actually working on my ficathon story like a good girl.

This *is* my happily ever after.
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Lcfan99:
Interesting that Clark has no recollection of names, but faces affect him.
Well, mostly. He remembers one name. smile

As for reaction to the news that Superman is dead, there will be more to come.

C00kiesmom:
Thank you.
I did find myself wishing for more action and fewer "feelings" at the beginning of this section…
There was a lot of that here but, well, the title of the chapter was “Emotions.” There will be some more of that but now that it’s established there shouldn’t be a need to dwell on it so much.

Iolanthe:
Yeah. I’m not sure the science holds up very well on the idea that there would be a band of most concentrated impacts, but it seemed reasonable if most of the debris was along a narrow path that represented the original trajectory of Nightfall.

Michael:
You said:
I liked the image=feelings approach. And it offered interesting possibilities.
That was exactly my thought. Straightforward amnesia has been done so many times I wanted to have a wrinkle.
Nightfall is relatively harmless and will do only minimal damage
Well, relative is a very important concept. Many thousands of impacts and 200 million people killed is not exactly great news.

HappyGirl:
Yes, 200 million is something to think about.

Thank you all. This journey has a long way to go and I hope you will continue to stick with me as it unfolds.
Bob

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I've only got time and energy for a short reply, sorry.

I really, really like your portrait of "honest Clark" who is being honest even with himself. He doesn't remember any of his past dogdings and evasions, and he is taking a most straighforward account of his emotional responses to other people and trying to understand what they mean. Obviously I love the fact that Lois's name is the only name that means anything in itself to him.

I think your amnesiac Clark is fascinating, and I like him very much! Not that I hope that he won't regain his memory, of course.... wink

we believe that there will be a band of impacts all around the world centered at approximately 37 degrees north latitude. The most dangerous area will be largely confined to plus or minus 15 degrees of latitude from this line. There is the potential for significant impacts outside of this region but numerically, the majority of the impacts will be between 22 and 52 degrees north latitude.
Well, phew! I would have been somewhat safe, because Malmö is at somewhere between 55 and 56 degrees north latitude!

Ann

bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi Ann, wave

Thanks for the note.
he is taking a most straighforward account of his emotional responses to other people and trying to understand what they mean.
Exactly! That was what I wanted to explore by having feelings but no memories.

I hope you continue to enjoy the story as it unfolds.

Bob

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard