Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I hope everyone is enjoying Christmas!

Now that the preliminaries are over, the story can truly begin.

I love hearing what you think.

Bob

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
smile1

Thank you for posting another chapter so soon, and on Christmas Day! Awesome!

hyper

The beginning has come together nicely and the stage is set... looking forward to the continuing story.

clap

Merry Christmas!
Elizabeth

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Update! hyper

“He seems to have lost his memory. That’s why we aren’t certain that this is Kent. He doesn’t remember who he is and he didn’t have any identification. In fact, he was wearing only his underwear, and that was pretty burned.”
I know that's not really relevant to the story but how did he manage to save his underwear? And on a related note, there was a plot-point a few months ago where Clark's disintegration during the whole NK-crisis was the cause for his and Lois inability to have a baby. Anyway, that idea made me wonder, if Clark managed to burn all his clothing on his way down, did he actually manage to fry more than just his outer wear? huh

When he woke up the first time, the pain was almost unbelievable. He felt like he was about to burst into flame from deep inside his body.
So, he's still suffering from the gas. Wonder if they could find trace-elements of Kryptonite in his blood now? And will he develop a cancer like from Diana's kiss?

It had been a while since the detective told him that Clark’s partner was on the way. He hadn’t said any more than that, but something about the term “partner” seemed special. It was like there was something tickling his memory but no matter how hard he tried, nothing else would come.
That's because the term is 'Lois', a special noun reserved for their specific relationship. Freud would have a field they with them. Might actually be a funny vignette, H.G.Wells bringing in Signmund Freud to psycho-analyze them laugh

A moment later, a noise outside his room made him look over. There was a woman coming through his doorway. On seeing her face, he felt a wave of emotion so strong that had he not been lying down, his knees might have buckled. Riding that wave of emotion was a name. It burst out of his mouth seemingly on its own volition. “Lois!”
shock

It felt so wonderful to be in her arms that after a few seconds a word escaped his lips. “Darling.”
Darling? confused That sounds awfully like something Lex would say. No idea why. It just seems a lot more formal than the usual 'Honey'.

“I’m sorry, Lois. Did I do something wrong?”
Yeah...

“Do you have a boyfriend or something?”
"I don't know. He flew off into the sunset before he could tell me."

Lois reached in her pocket, took out a pair of glasses and put them on Clark. “There you go. Now, why don’t you change and we’ll get out of here.”
Does this mean, both Henderson AND Lois have seen Clark without glasses? confused

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thank you for posting again so soon!

And Merry Christmas!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I join them to thank you also for posting so soon !
Excellent story, and really lovely part !

I am eager to read the suite !

Merry Christmas !
Annalina.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I have had extremely little energy left for reading fanfic, much less commenting on it, but now that school is out I finally got around to reading this. Have to admit that I jumped straight into chapter 5, without reading the previous four instalments.

Well, I like it! A lot! Amnesiac Clark is charming. The least attractive aspect of Clark is his tendency to lie, particularly to Lois, even though he has his own twisted (and not-so-twisted) logic justifying it. But he is so charming when he is straightforward and honest. This is a bit like Corinna's fic, where Clark has been mind-wiped and "re-programmed" on New Krypton, and yet he responds so strongly to Lois, and she "awakens his heart". Clark's innocence and sweetness in this fic is a bit like that, too! sloppy

Ann

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Interesting tale.

If I am following correctly, this Clark does NOT have his powers at this point in time?

So no memory, no powers, and bits of Nightfall drifting towards Earth?

Lex Luthor is or will soon be bottling up to wait out the destruction.

I am assuming the Kents will not be able to fly out to help Clark recall his alter ego?

Framework4
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Elizabeth:
Thank you for posting another chapter so soon, and on Christmas Day! Awesome!
My pleasure. I’m glad you like it so far.

Michael:
So many questions. Well, here goes:
but how did he manage to save his underwear?
His brief exposure to the K gas only weakened his powers. He had to have most of his powers intact to get back to Earth. But they were weakened. The heat of re-entry burned away most of his uniform and is the source of those burns that the doctors found.
Wonder if they could find trace-elements of Kryptonite in his blood now? And will he develop a cancer like from Diana's kiss?
Yes, if they actually had the ability to run a test for Kryptonite, then they would find it. However, I can’t imagine that any of their tests would detect it. As for Cancer… No. No K-induced Cancer.
Darling? That sounds awfully like something Lex would say. No idea why. It just seems a lot more formal than the usual 'Honey'.
I went round and round on this. You may be right and I’ll have to revisit that word later. It just may end up “Honey” by the time this story gets archived.
Does this mean, both Henderson AND Lois have seen Clark without glasses?
YES! I am not a believer in the “magic glasses” theory of the basis of the FRD (Facial Recognition Disorder) that exists in this universe. A person that is burned and bruised with amnesia in an emergency room can’t be Superman. He looks like Clark Kent and sounds like Clark Kent, therefore he is Clark Kent. Once everyone knows this as Clark, the glasses are irrelevant.

c00kiesmom:
Thanks for the note and Merry Christmas to you.

Annalina:
Thank you. I hope you like where I’m heading.

Ann:
Thank you so much for taking some time to write. I have to say that you did pick a good chapter to start. However, if you decide to stay with it, you probably will want to go back and get the beginning.
The least attractive aspect of Clark is his tendency to lie, particularly to Lois, even though he has his own twisted (and not-so-twisted) logic justifying it. But he is so charming when he is straightforward and honest.
I HATE Clark continuing to hide himself from Lois. Chapter 2 is titled “Decisions.” Given how I feel, you might be able to guess at a decision that Clark made even before he lost his memory on the Nightfall mission.

Framework4
If I am following correctly, this Clark does NOT have his powers at this point in time?

So no memory, no powers, and bits of Nightfall drifting towards Earth?

Lex Luthor is or will soon be bottling up to wait out the destruction.
I’d say you have it right. As for this:
I am assuming the Kents will not be able to fly out to help Clark recall his alter ego?
I guess we’ll have to see.

Thank you all so much. I pushed this a bit earlier than plan since I didn’t have my Christmas fic ready on time. I hope you’ll stay with me as this unfolds.

Bob

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Re the underwear: I just realized, I completely missed mentioning that I was thinking about the episode. I've always had the impression Clark was completely naked in that hole. So, that's why I was wondering how he managed to keep them on here, even though he had been green-K'ed in addition to the regular re-entry heat blush

Good point on his appearance.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard